You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

6 minutes ago, Elite said:

Finished season 3 of Mad Men. It's a slow burner but I'm really enjoying it now after being a bit underwhelmed after the first season.

Mad men is fantastic, not much high drama, soap like at times but the dialogue is fantastic  series 4 has one of the best TV episodes ever

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Edward. said:

All right cheers just managed to get back from there.

Have you just got back from Vietnam? Someone should have told you ages ago you could get back.

18 minutes ago, Edward. said:

Just read The Sorrow of War beautiful book.

I'll add that to my kindle. I think you'll enjoy that documentary, having more than a little bit of background information on it.

12 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Mad men is fantastic, not much high drama, soap like at times but the dialogue is fantastic  series 4 has one of the best TV episodes ever

It is like a high-end soap opera at times but very easy viewing. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Thanks for bringing the second wave with you. 

All right when I said just, I was due back to work on the 24th March. We actually came back from Vietnam via Cambodia. Left my niece, and step son there. They reckon the flights were around about £12000, so stayed.

5 hours ago, Edward. said:

All right when I said just, I was due back to work on the 24th March. We actually came back from Vietnam via Cambodia. Left my niece, and step son there. They reckon the flights were around about £12000, so stayed.

Just now, Evelyn Tentions said:

None to bring. Vietnam has been one of the best performing countries against CV19. Under 300 cases, zero fatalities. Far safer than Boris' pestilence ridden shithole

Yeah I wasn't being serious. 

Glad you're back safe Ed

Yeah I know you were only joking, I've been on here awhile. We decided that we would still go because at the time Vietnam had had only 16 cases and all had been cured according to UK.Gov. We pretty much had every hotel and tourist destination to ourselves same with Cambodia.

Was supposed to be in Hanoi today, on my way to Singapore and then Colombo.

Fuck you, covid 19!

Instead, I spent last night watching "Waco".

An impressive production, over-all. 7 of 10

As always, it's hard to tell how accurate it is, but I think I agree with it's take on what happened there at the end.

6 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Was supposed to be in Hanoi today, on my way to Singapore and then Colombo.

Fuck you, covid 19!

Instead, I spent last night watching "Waco".

An impressive production, over-all. 7 of 10

As always, it's hard to tell how accurate it is, but I think I agree with it's take on what happened there at the end.

rewardinghappygoluckyarcticseal-size_res

• Like 1

Guest Pistonbroke
13 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Season 2 of Dead to Me on Netflix. Light and enjoyable. If you like season 1, you'll like this. 10 episodes of 30 mins each and I've binged it in a couple of days. 7-7.5/10

Just started watching this, 3 episodes of series 1 in and so far so good. Like you say, light and enjoyable and the subtle dark humour is pretty good. 

6 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The Last Dance was superb again this week. 

Agreed. I read something on Twitter criticising it because Jordan’s own company is secretly one of the producers. The implication being that it’s journalistically compromised. 

Firstly, the fact that the locker room footage required his agreement and that of the NBA, seems to have passed them by. Second of all, the idea that it’s some sort of vanity project is ridiculous to anyone who’s watched it. Jordan is very much shown warts and all and it’s a more compelling show for it. 

The stuff about his dad, first retirement, engineered slights, baseball and needling of teammates this week was brilliant stuff. And it was all the better for Jordan and virtually every key teammate, opponent, family member and official then commenting on these aspects of his life and character. 

In short, this is great fucking telly. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Agreed. I read something on Twitter criticising it because Jordan’s own company is secretly one of the producers. The implication being that it’s journalistically compromised. 

Firstly, the fact that the locker room footage required his agreement and that of the NBA, seems to have passed them by. Second of all, the idea that it’s some sort of vanity project is ridiculous to anyone who’s watched it. Jordan is very much shown warts and all and it’s a more compelling show for it. 

The stuff about his dad, first retirement, engineered slights, baseball and needling of teammates this week was brilliant stuff. And it was all the better for Jordan and virtually every key teammate, opponent, family member and official then commenting on these aspects of his life and character. 

In short, this is great fucking telly. 

Yep. It's very balanced and doesn't shy away from any negativity about his character.

He'd do your fucking head in though, bet he was a pain in the arse as a team mate but ultimately it worked.