You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

16 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Struggling with this Gangs of London; poor acting, predictable narrative, and absolutely zero likeable characters whom you can warm to and root for.

Tasty killing sprees though.

Just watching the first episode. Not a fan of British stuff but will give it a go.

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Struggling with this Gangs of London; poor acting, predictable narrative, and absolutely zero likeable characters whom you can warm to and root for.

Got as far as the pub fight scene in the first episode and had to turn it off. Like a shit 80s American martial arts series. Plastic gangsters with Eton accents and awful acting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Anyone watching Breeders?

It's got a darker edge than you'd expect for a family sitcom and it takes a while to get used to Martin Freeman playing a bit of a cunt. Daisy Haggard is excellent, but then she usually is; a badly underrated actress.

10 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I couldn't disagree why that summary. 

I thought it had great potential, the first 2 episodes where enjoyable, mindless, but enjoyable. I christened Elliot, Bruce leeroy.

But after episode 3, it became a bit of a parody to the fast and furious movies. It just got sillier and sillier. 

I won't say anything about the plot (if you can call it that) but the final 2 episodes where just stupid. 

I haven't seen peaky blinders. Myself and the missus have contemplated starting it, but there's a shit load of seasons and I don't know if I have t dedication in me. It's a big investment isn't it. 

Is it just an early 1900's version of the gangs of london? If so, I'll stick emmerdale and Michael portillo railway journeys until I can leave the house again

• Upvote 1

Started two shows last night.

Upload. A man dies and has his consciousness uploaded onto an online afterlife. Shade of The Good Place,  two episodes in and pretty good so far. On Amazon.

Into the night. A solar event starts to kill humanity when daylight hits, a group of people board a plane in night time Brussels and fly west to avoid the sunrise. Interesting premise and it keeps you watching, three episodes in and enjoying it. On Netflix.

Normal people 

Great acting and it's Irish, about two people who have issues in their lives and trying to get through a relationship but struggle to let go of their past. Deep stuff which everyone could relate too. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

I couldn't disagree why that summary. 

I thought it had great potential, the first 2 episodes where enjoyable, mindless, but enjoyable. I christened Elliot, Bruce leeroy.

But after episode 3, it became a bit of a parody to the fast and furious movies. It just got sillier and sillier. 

I won't say anything about the plot (if you can call it that) but the final 2 episodes where just stupid. 

I haven't seen peaky blinders. Myself and the missus have contemplated starting it, but there's a shit load of seasons and I don't know if I have t dedication in me. It's a big investment isn't it. 

Is it just an early 1900's version of the gangs of london? If so, I'll stick emmerdale and Michael portillo railway journeys until I can leave the house again

Only seen bits of Peaky Blinders via Gogglebox. Strikes me as a load of shouty, over the top nonsense. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

Only seen bits of Peaky Blinders via Gogglebox. Strikes me as a load of shouty, over the top nonsense. 

It's not great. It's only popular because it's a hipsters wet dream.

8 minutes ago, Elite said:

It's not great. It's only popular because it's a hipsters wet dream.

Hipsters? Pretty mainstream I’d have thought. Seen some right knob-heads saying they think it’s great, wearing the clobber and attending Peaky Blinders themed parties, weddings, etc. Strikes me as a shit, Brummy version of Boardwalk Empire. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Hipsters? Pretty mainstream I’d have thought. Seen some right knob-heads saying they think it’s great, wearing the clobber and attending Peaky Blinders themed parties, weddings, etc. Strikes me as a shit, Brummy version of Boardwalk Empire. 

Yeah it's not a patch on Boardwalk Empire. You not been to any of those parties Tony?

• Upvote 1