You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 20/04/2020 at 19:38, VladimirIlyich said:

The Innocence Files 8/10.

Some of the stupidest people in the US given the responsibilities,in law, that a five year old could do better. There must be millions of miscarriages of justice still stuck in jail. The juries that convict are just as stupid too. Not a place you want to ever get involved in a crime where your freedom is at stake.

Just watched the 1st 2 episodes. Fucking hell. They just don't care who they convict as long as it's someone and even when they know they've got the wrong person, they just double down. Shocking. 

Am re-watching Breaking Bad and on series 2 currently. It's very enjoyable but mostly I'd like to say that Jesse's girlfriend is just about perfect. She's Thurmanesque but very much cooler. I love her I think and would happliy comply to her druggy bidding. I am telling you because i can't tell my wife. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mgw100 said:

Am re-watching Breaking Bad and on series 2 currently. It's very enjoyable but mostly I'd like to say that Jesse's girlfriend is just about perfect. She's Thurmanesque but very much cooler. I love her I think and would happliy comply to her druggy bidding. I am telling you because i can't tell my wife. Thanks.

I believe she went on to star in Marvel’s Jessica Jones. Haven’t watched it myself but you could switch to it after she overdoses on smack in Breaking Bad. 

Watching Save Me series 2 - someone earlier slagged off the first series but I thought it was good and Lenny James, Suranne Jones and Stephen Graham were really good. The last few episodes with the peado ring were tough to watch though.

Waco - 7/10. Pretty shocking. I hadn't realised how many people (and kids in particular) died and how the ATF and FBI made a complete balls up of the whole thing. Debate on who started the fire though but definitely looks like the usual cover up of innocent deaths by the state (including the original video tape going missing and the front door of the camp). Makes you wonder how the people involved sleep at night. 

9 hours ago, Anubis said:

Gangs of London - 8.5/10. Essentially The Raid: Berendal spread over nine episodes with an extended cast of players. While not remotely realistic it’s mostly well acted (Colm Meaney being criminally underused) and the action sequences are as frenetic and brutal as you’d expect from a Gareth Evans vehicle. It’s a bit difficult to take Joe Cole seriously as the head of an OCG though, and Parth Thakerar’s nose makes it hard to concentrate on anything else when he’s onscreen - it’s not a nose, it’s a beak, a real actual beak. Clearly set itself up for a second series as well. Very enjoyable.

Agree with that. Really enjoyed it. 

10 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Waco - 7/10. Pretty shocking. I hadn't realised how many people (and kids in particular) died and how the ATF and FBI made a complete balls up of the whole thing. Debate on who started the fire though but definitely looks like the usual cover up of innocent deaths by the state (including the original video tape going missing and the front door of the camp). Makes you wonder how the people involved sleep at night. 

I watched that just after it came out and likewise didn't really know a lot of the story around him, other than the whole "it's a cult, they were dangerous" kind of viewpoint.

Earlier this week I watched the storyville "Waco: Madman or Messiah" documentary which was really interesting.

I'm still not entirely sure what the exact story is, it is definitely clear though that the ATF and FBI fucked up handling it big time.

Gary Bell (if I remember is name correctly) who is the guy the Shea Wigham character is based on in the Netflix comes across really badly in the documentary though. Not because they do anything to criticise him, just his general attitude, he comes over a total dickhead with zero empathy for anyone and that everything is just black or white. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Watching Save Me series 2 - someone earlier slagged off the first series but I thought it was good and Lenny James, Suranne Jones and Stephen Graham were really good. The last few episodes with the peado ring were tough to watch though.

Worst .Actor .Ever .

Swerve 

5 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Struggling with this Gangs of London; poor acting, predictable narrative, and absolutely zero likeable characters whom you can warm to and root for.

Tasty killing sprees though.

I was rooting for the Welsh Gypsies. I really liked the dad.

Oh and i have only seen Lenny James in Buried/Snatch

Quite liked him to be honest.