You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

26 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Just binged the whole of series 2 of After Life. Excellent stuff. 

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

After Life is the best I've seen Ricky Gervais write or act in. I can understand some people not liking it due its maudlin nature but he has nailed grief to a tee.

I wasn't expecting to hear the line "Anyone who doesn't wanna rape Hitler is a fucking bender" 

Think I'll have to pause Bosch for the new After Life too. 

Two series in though, and I'm very impressed. The stories are good, the characterisation is superb- I actually give a shit about Billets, J. Edgar, Crate and Barrel, Irving and Bosch's estranged family, without feeling like I've been hammered over the head with them. And it's not 'tricksy'- you know, when a major character is suddenly revealed to have a hidden, plot-vital backstory that turns the whole thing on its head. It's been said a few times on here, but it really is solid, top quality TV, very impressed.

Bosch series 1 7.5/10- good, but a couple of redundant episodes.

Bosch series 2 8/10- again, very good, loses a mark for a some leaps which don't seem believable, like Connie's reaction and the final couple of scenes.

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

My mate was banging on about that the other day. The trailer looks good. 

I'll watch it once once I've caught up with Bosch and After Life. At least there's plenty of shows for this lockdown, well for now!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, foam said:

That end scene probably brought back a lot of memories for a lot of people.

I struggle with shit that hits home. Still don’t feel right. My whole body froze especially the dog barking 

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Paul Kaye was tremendous as the Psychiatrist. Funny as fuck.

He is far too much like one of our finest posters is in real life. Superb 

Guest Pistonbroke

Just watched After Life again (both series) as I persuaded the missus to watch it with me.  It really is great TV, summed up by us laughing uncontrollably one minute, then a few seconds later silence as some scene pulled at our heart strings as it brought back heartaches we have had to go through. 

Pleased to read that Gervais has been talking about where he thinks the show could/should go, so although nothing has been confirmed series 3 is probably a cert. 

On a side note, the soundtrack to this series is boss. 

23 hours ago, John102 said:

Just watched 4 episodes tonight.

Its boss.

Watched it again tonight. The violence is comedic, its like the A Team in the amount of bullets expended. only unlike that programme people actually get killed. Ill give it another go tomorrow. And the brothers part is a steal of Fredo in The Godfather 2.

Watched the first couple of episodes of After Life 2. A bit disappointed to be honest, it’s too similar to the first season, something a bit different would have been nice.

I haven’t laughed as much as I did when I first watched season 1.

8 hours ago, redinblack62 said:

Watched it again tonight. The violence is comedic, its like the A Team in the amount of bullets expended. only unlike that programme people actually get killed. Ill give it another go tomorrow. And the brothers part is a steal of Fredo in The Godfather 2.

The fight scenes are very stylised and the violence over the top.

That remains throughout the entire series. Perhaps even ramped up at times.

All that being said, their were moments in this series that i was gripped like i haven't been since watching This is England 86, although in a completely different way.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Elite said:

Bizarrely this chess scene intuitively told me that it would be a truly great show.

D'Angelo was an ace character.

tumblr_mzpogtCVqt1spxx8ao1_400.gif

I wondered how long the explanation would go on for.

I was hoping for something about the knights and maybe when it made sense to castle. Admittedly the programme would  have changed somewhat.

• Upvote 1