You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

9 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Yeah, I really like it. I'm about 4 behind on the latest season. It started a bit slow I thought in season 1, but really picked up. A 7.5 from me. 

I was clicking through Amazon prime yesterday for something suitable to watch with the kids too. I came across Braindead. That's really a really light but amusing poke at why politics went mental back when trump got elected. I'm surprised it didn't get renewed. I think there should be more of this type of telly. 7/10. 

Is it on Amazon or Netflix?

11 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

That Carol is a piece of work.

"So Carol, how do you react to the people who think you killed your husband?"

Carol: laughs "I mean, it's just soooooo outlandish"

literally two episodes later

Carol: "If you're looking to get a cat to eat an entire body, cover it in Sardine oil."

Haha I know mate. One sinister woman her 

4 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Best tv programme ever, plenty of funny scenes but drama

Almost at the end of the first season, it's pretty darn good and certainly making time off work much more enjoyable.

6 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

It actually improves which is good. Series wise I'd have the sopranos,  the wire, mad men, breaking bad, game of thrones and the shield.  Plenty to watch there even if you've seen some

I just recently rewatched The Wire. Very good. Not seen Mad Men or Game of Thrones. Also want to watch Better Call Saul as stopped watching I think at the second season. May rewatch The Shield. Not seen Deadwood either. There must be so much high rated TV I haven't seen.

The Trip To Greece - loved it. 

Mark Kermode’s Secrets Of Cinema - first one of the new series was great but the second felt contrived for the first time since he started this. 

Friday Night Dinner - first of the new series was as funny as ever. 

Channel 4 News - easily the best option on British telly. It goes deeper into the news and from different angles to all the rest. 

We finished rewatching all of Entourage recently and I still love it. Ari and Drama are all time great characters. The casual misogyny and homophobia feel very dated and occasionally uncomfortable these days, even if there’s no nastiness beneath them. However, the show remains fundamentally funny for me. 

• Upvote 1

Forgot about The Mandalorian. I’m up to date with the UK release (Chapter 3) and it is fucking great. Love it. 

Also giving Clone Wars a go. It’s OK. Clearly for kids but quite enjoyable. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Raising Dion (Netflix).

A single mother whose scientist husband died recently finds out her young son has super powers. It's family orientated  (great if you have youngish kids) and the acting is very good (especially the young lad with the powers, Ja'Siah Young), only 3 episodes in so far but it has us all hooked. Easy watching, great plot, good character building. 

8.5/10 so far. 

34 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

I've finished the first episode of Tiger king and it was boring as fuck. Heard you need to get by the first couple of episodes and then it picks up immensely. I just don't see it. Is it worth persisting with ?

Sounds like a typical Netflix production. Even if does pick up though, I can’t be arsed with anything that takes that long to get going. Doesn’t deserve an audience if the first couple of episodes don’t grab you, in my view. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Paul said:

Sounds like a typical Netflix production. Even if does pick up though, I can’t be arsed with anything that takes that long to get going. Doesn’t deserve an audience if the first couple of episodes don’t grab you, in my view. 

A bit unfair on your description of Netflix series as it has plenty of crackers that start a bit slow. Totally agree with you that any show should show you its good within a couple of episodes though. If you use The Sopranos as an example of a tv show that grabs you and within minutes it was like watching a series you'd been watching for ages. Good television hardly needs more than a warm up.

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

Took me at least three attempts to get past the first few episodes of The Wire. Once I stuck with it I couldn't get enough.

1 minute ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Smashed the first 7 episodes of Mindhunter last night. Very, very good. 

I'm nearly finished series 2, probably finish it today. Best show I've seen in a long time. 

Also finished rewatching the third and sadly final series of This Country. Really love that show. Best British sitcom of recent years for me. Stands up to repeat viewing really well. 

1 hour ago, Johnlj said:

I've finished the first episode of Tiger king and it was boring as fuck. Heard you need to get by the first couple of episodes and then it picks up immensely. I just don't see it. Is it worth persisting with ?

It does get more mental as more stuff unravels. 

3 hours ago, Johnlj said:

It's fucking shite mate unless you fancy spending 7hrs or whatever it is watching a load of halfwits bitching about each other.

• Upvote 1