You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Good one on BBC 4 a bit earlier a out someone posted to India and Nepal in WW2, he managed to get colour film sent to him by saying that with it he could differentiate real bushes etc as opposed to camouflage concerning the Japanese, he was an avid amateur film maker, great footage of the country but some gruesome, it was very good. 

I had a two month free trial of Disney+ and didn't really watch anything apart from one film and the first episode of the Mandalorian at which point the trial ran out. 

It would be worth getting if you love Star Wars, Marvel stuff and obviously Disney but it seemed pretty limited beyond that. Maybe there's more on it now that it's rolled out worldwide. 

4 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I had a two month free trial of Disney+ and didn't really watch anything apart from one film and the first episode of the Mandalorian at which point the trial ran out. 

It would be worth getting if you love Star Wars, Marvel stuff and obviously Disney but it seemed pretty limited beyond that. Maybe there's more on it now that it's rolled out worldwide. 

Im a sucker for the marvel stuff tbf.    There's a quite a bit on there I didn't expect, not Disney related at all.   30 seasons of the Simpsons caught my eye when browsing. 

End of the day, no ones got nowt to lose for checking it out. 

Can see us keeping it for a while and me getting quite a bit of use out of it.  Netflix she's keeping cause it's got Ru Paul's drag race on Saturday mornings, daft cunt.   Literally never use it other than headache inducing shite. 

16 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I managed to blag Disney+ for £12 for the year after cashback through Quidco. It won't usurp Netflix as it likely won't offer anything above a 12 rating but it's ace for the nostalgia, kids and for the upcoming Phase 4 Marvel stuff. 

How so young sir?

20 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I managed to blag Disney+ for £12 for the year after cashback through Quidco. It won't usurp Netflix as it likely won't offer anything above a 12 rating but it's ace for the nostalgia, kids and for the upcoming Phase 4 Marvel stuff. 

Why won't they do stuff above a 12? Doesn't Disney own all kinds of shit these days? It's not all princesses any more is it?

7 minutes ago, redheart said:

How so young sir?

3 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Why won't they do stuff above a 12? Doesn't Disney own all kinds of shit these days? It's not all princesses any more is it?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/08/27/disney-plus-may-only-show-pg-13-content-giving-netflix-amazon-and-apple-an-advantage/

I suppose this is only one report on it but I've not seen anything to the contrary. Still doesn't mean it won't be a good service just that they are aiming for a different crowd.

To be honest, does Disney really need to do anything differently right now? It's a money making machine just off it's own back catalogue.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

In the US they own Hulu which makes the adult stuff like Handmaid’s tale etc... and they licence that stuff out over here to other channels like Sky or Channel 4. 

I’ve read they want to launch Hulu in Europe at some point but not sure if the UK will be included in that. They also do a lot of Fox stuff on Hulu now and in the states you can either buy a straight Disney subscription, a Disney + Hulu or a Disney + Hulu + ESPN which they also own. 

• Upvote 1

On 26/03/2020 at 06:45, easytoslip said:

Good one on BBC 4 a bit earlier a out someone posted to India and Nepal in WW2, he managed to get colour film sent to him by saying that with it he could differentiate real bushes etc as opposed to camouflage concerning the Japanese, he was an avid amateur film maker, great footage of the country but some gruesome, it was very good. 

A tad more information might be helpful, so that others can find it and watch it.

Like the fucking title.

4 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

A tad more information might be helpful, so that others can find it and watch it.

Like the fucking title.

Oh yeah, now let me think. 

Harry Birrell Presents a Film of Love and War. I posted just after on Wed night and it would of been pretty obvious in the listing. 

Anyhow, it was alright and quite a decent watch, nothing spectacular, thank fuck for those who made personal films throughout the years. 

43 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Oh yeah, now let me think. 

Harry Birrell Presents a Film of Love and War. I posted just after on Wed night and it would of been pretty obvious in the listing. 

Anyhow, it was alright and quite a decent watch, nothing spectacular, thank fuck for those who made personal films throughout the years. 

They don't show the listings in Vietnam and the BBC is blocked here. I have to use typhoon

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Sopranos, four episodes in to the first series and it's already shaping up nicely. 21 years late but it seems pretty good.

There's a prequel film being made with Gandolfini's son in it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Many_Saints_of_Newark

It gets a whole lot better from here. There's an episode called the Pine Barons I think (season 3 or 4). For me it's the best episode of TV of all time. It could probably stand alone even if you knew nothing of the show. 

The movie is out in september I think. Or at least was supposed to be. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Sopranos, four episodes in to the first series and it's already shaping up nicely. 21 years late but it seems pretty good.

There's a prequel film being made with Gandolfini's son in it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Many_Saints_of_Newark

What are you watching it on? 

38 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What are you watching it on? 

Those that know, don't...

I have a sub to www.ororo.tv which was really cheap when I got it. What have you got access to?