You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

6 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Ha, how so? She's had a tough life. Mum died when she was a kid, she basically ran the family and restaurants from a teenager. Dad was no help apart from marrying other various women. 

Sorry to hear that. She annoyed me for beating Georgia thats all. 

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

On episode two of Hunted. Fuck me Tarantino has got grounds for a heavy lawsuit here. 

I love it though. The shower scene in the first episode was all sorts of wrong. Eyes filled up at the 4 Jewish musicians at Auschwitz when they started playing Hava Nagila knowing they were going to get shot for it. 

Finished Narcos Mexico Season 2 earlier. Same as the last series. Slow burner but didn't want it to end. That last episode was up there with Narcos Colombia. 8.5/10 

It's harder to break into a pint of milk than it was to break out of that shower.

Very poor

On 22/02/2020 at 14:37, Captain Turdseye said:

Finished Godfather of Harlem last night. It’s decent enough but the amount of scenes all shot in the same place got pretty annoying by the end. Half of the show takes place in Malcolm X’s office. Did they have budget issues?

It was on epix and has forest Whitaker in the lead role. I reckon loads of the budget will have just gone on him! 

Just watching "my family and the Galapagos" on C4. It's about some fella who went there 20 odd years ago as a camera man or something and is returning now to look at the damage humans are causing - both directly by visiting and indirectly with global warming and plastics etc. It's a pretty decent show - making the information of the show available for all the family to understand. 

I'm not quite sure what I think of someone who does tv shows that promote these remote places and then comes back doing another TV show and this time with his kids and wife complaining about people going, it is a subject that we need to think about. 

7/10 I would say. 

7 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Just watching "my family and the Galapagos" on C4. It's about some fella who went there 20 odd years ago as a camera man or something and is returning now to look at the damage humans are causing - both directly by visiting and indirectly with global warming and plastics etc. It's a pretty decent show - making the information of the show available for all the family to understand. 

I'm not quite sure what I think of someone who does tv shows that promote these remote places and then comes back doing another TV show and this time with his kids and wife complaining about people going, it is a subject that we need to think about. 

7/10 I would say. 

What do you want him to do more mate? Go back there and pick up all the litter? Start mating with Turtles? Kill Cows? 

18 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

What do you want him to do more mate? Go back there and pick up all the litter? Start mating with Turtles? Kill Cows? 

Well if he cares that much, maybe he shouldn't go and add to it (and actively encourage people to do the same on the show)? It's like being a veggie and eating beef burgers and working for the national pork board. 

44 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Well if he cares that much, maybe he shouldn't go and add to it (and actively encourage people to do the same on the show)? It's like being a veggie and eating beef burgers and working for the national pork board. 

Sorry Barry I was just kidding. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Been watching a Netflix animated comedy. F is for Family. It’s about a fella just trying to get by in the 70’s. Easy to watch and there’s enough laughs to keep you interested. 

Watched the first series of that a few years ago. Bill Burr. Not bad and made me laugh out loud a few times.

9 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The Outsider is absolutely brilliant, best new show I've seen for quite a long while.

Still enjoying it myself. Just finished episode 8 and all set up nicely for a good finale. Hopefully Stephen King can break with tradition and not let the game down by writing a poor ending.

Not really too big on the supernatural stuff, was hoping it would have somehow worked through the "impossible crime" angle but there's been enough there to keep me interested.

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

Still enjoying it myself. Just finished episode 8 and all set up nicely for a good finale. Hopefully Stephen King can break with tradition and not let the game down by writing a poor ending.

Not really too big on the supernatural stuff, was hoping it would have somehow worked through the "impossible crime" angle but there's been enough there to keep me interested.

I'd agree with that assessment,but I have a feeling the supernatural element is going to over shadow the finale,although I hope not.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'd agree with that assessment,but I have a feeling the supernatural element is going to over shadow the finale,although I hope not.

Odds on Jack turning from villain to hero by ultimately returning to the light and somehow destroying the entity enslaving him?

If the ending has anything to do with Holly Gibney  reciting rites and incantations whilst they're all gathered in a circle holding hands then the curse of Stephen King will have struck again.

• Upvote 1