You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

My bird sometimes watches Love Island upstairs but she’s been going round her mates to watch it most nights. She could well be having an affair but even if she is it’s better than having that shite on the living room telly. 

You watch it 

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

You watch it 

Get to fuck. Honestly, she put it on once in the living room last week after she’d had a bad day and made me promise not to “make any comments about how rubbish it is.” She knows me well. I was reading on here and it was on in the background when the fellas on it came out and started lap dancing for the girls. It was at that exact moment that the last little bit of respect I had for you as a person vanished. Even the girls doing it afterwards wasn’t enough to claw it back. It’s not going on in the living room again. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Get to fuck. Honestly, she put it on once in the living room last week after she’d had a bad day and made me promise not to “make any comments about how rubbish it is.” She knows me well. I was reading on here and it was on in the background when the fellas on it came out and started lap dancing for the girls. It was at that exact moment that the last little bit of respect I had for you as a person vanished. Even the girls doing it afterwards wasn’t enough to claw it back. It’s not going on in the living room again. 

I can honestly say I've never seen it. We truly are living in the age of the faux extrovert, attention seeker. The old entertainment shows might have all been hosted by sex offenders but at least they had some substance* to them.

*Not counting bodily fluids.

• Upvote 1

On 26/01/2020 at 15:29, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'm interested to see your view of the second episode.

Just finished all 3 episodes. I really enjoyed it. I know most people didn't like the final episode,. It worked for me. All in all another Christmas belter from the BBC. 9/10. Shame they can't make stuff this good the rest of the year. 

• Upvote 1

Deadwind 6/10.  

A Finnish police procedural with some crazy red herrings. If you need your fix of Nordic Noir and cannot find it elsewhere, and if you wouldn't mind some nice Helsinki panoramas thrown in the mix for a change, go for it (Netflix). It proves that just about any nation can now make a competent if unremarkable crime drama.   

Just started "for all mankind" another Apple TV show. It's set in the late 60's in an alternate reality where the Russians won the race to the moon. The pilot continues to follow the apollo 11 mission, but I'm not quite too sure where the show goes. There were a few things I was expecting but didn't happen. It was pretty decent, but I think I'm less interested than before it started it, which I don't suppose is a great start. Pilot - 6.5/10. 

On 20/12/2019 at 09:08, elvis said:

The end of the fucking world , easy 9/10 for me - absolute quality series that I put off for ages . The joke under the bridge at the end was comedy genius . Highly recommended

Yep, well worth a look, this. Very, very good.

"Our Boys"

HBO drama about a kidnapping and murder in Jerusalem in 2014.

Started watching it as it came out, but lost track and decided to wait til it was out complete. Can't say I enjoyed it, but I'm glad I watched it. 

Does a good job of telling the story and putting it in it's broader context as well.

8 of 10