You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

41 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Started Yellowstone series 1 and about four episodes in. Not stellar,but not too bad and a slow burner. Interesting to see how it develops.

Mate it has some proper good episodes but some shite ones too. It could and should be one of the best. I have stopped watching it so need to get the last load in 

22 hours ago, easytoslip said:

To Catch A Killer last night was very good , what a cold calculated psychopath cunt he was , it must be of great satisfaction to nail these twats.

It was really good, understated, no fireworks, but absorbing and ultimately devastating.

The torture that cunt put a gentle, kind old man through was just horrific. Good to see him sentenced to such a long term, he's really dangerous.

10 minutes ago, Mudface said:

It was really good, understated, no fireworks, but absorbing and ultimately devastating.

Hide contents

The torture that cunt put a gentle, kind old man through was just horrific. Good to see him sentenced to such a long term, he's really dangerous.

Yes awful and sad , plus the agony of his loved ones which is their life sentence.

Makes me think that with all todays technology which establishes without a shadow of doubt a guilty verdict is reached , the rope beckons, maybe that’s an angry thought but if it was one of mine I think I’d have no qualms in pulling the lever, I don’t know.

8 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Yes awful and sad , plus the agony of his loved ones which is their life sentence.

Makes me think that with all todays technology which establishes without a shadow of doubt a guilty verdict is reached , the rope beckons, maybe that’s an angry thought but if it was one of mine I think I’d have no qualms in pulling the lever, I don’t know.

Well, specifically in this case, there was a lot of circumstantial evidence, but nothing particularly direct. The jury took over 3 weeks to reach a verdict, so they were obviously not entirely sure even with everything that was presented to them, and Field's arrogant and cold demeanour on the stand.

It's not too far a stretch to think that juries would be less likely to convict if there was a possibility of a death sentence- I know if I was on one, I'd need everything to be stone cold certain so at least my conscience would be clear (legally, if not morally). So if the death sentence was available, would cases like this result in acquittal more often due to reticence from a jury?

18 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Well, specifically in this case, there was a lot of circumstantial evidence, but nothing particularly direct. The jury took over 3 weeks to reach a verdict, so they were obviously not entirely sure even with everything that was presented to them, and Field's arrogant and cold demeanour on the stand.

It's not too far a stretch to think that juries would be less likely to convict if there was a possibility of a death sentence- I know if I was on one, I'd need everything to be stone cold certain so at least my conscience would be clear (legally, if not morally). So if the death sentence was available, would cases like this result in acquittal more often due to reticence from a jury?

A tough one , I think you could be right about the jury in today’s society, but I would shed no tears or give a second thought if he or of his kind were dispatched as opposed to the financial side of his upkeep in prison , some save the bother either way, eg Fred West , and rehabilitation, though I think this fella is beyond that. 

As I said it’s a tough one , who would want to be a killer of a killer?

Finished The Man In the High Castle 6/10.

A testament to my viewer's determination, the fact I stayed to the bitter end.

Overall, a pretty impressive failure, mostly silly, with writers and show runners who obviously have an attention span of toddlers. Every time it begins exploring the only interesting thing about it (since they ditched Dick's book very early on), which is what would happen if the Axis powers won the war, the writers get distracted by shiny objects, multiverse portals, horrible fighting and action scenes and everything is in constant danger of descending into some kind of Red Dawn type of nonsense  

It manages to be excruciatingly boring for the most part, because you just don't care for the characters the writers are constantly trying to position and reposition, interesting characters get killed off, boring characters are killed off and then resurrected for no apparent reason and then killed off again. S3 suddenly becomes interesting because it deals with the Nazi America aspects then S4 is all woke where some powerful black insurrection movement appears out of nowhere and previous resistance in the area is all of a sudden gone from the scene entirely.

Everything constantly slides into total silliness, with a crescendo at the end. I think the scene where a character is asked why she needs a gun best illustrates how silly it all is, she is free to reply openly, to fight Nazis coming here from another universe, because the answer is crazy enough to sound like a joke.

On 17/01/2020 at 11:14, SasaS said:

Finished The Man In the High Castle 6/10.

A testament to my viewer's determination, the fact I stayed to the bitter end.

Overall, a pretty impressive failure, mostly silly, with writers and show runners who obviously have an attention span of toddlers. Every time it begins exploring the only interesting thing about it (since they ditched Dick's book very early on), which is what would happen if the Axis powers won the war, the writers get distracted by shiny objects, multiverse portals, horrible fighting and action scenes and everything is in constant danger of descending into some kind of Red Dawn type of nonsense  

It manages to be excruciatingly boring for the most part, because you just don't care for the characters the writers are constantly trying to position and reposition, interesting characters get killed off, boring characters are killed off and then resurrected for no apparent reason and then killed off again. S3 suddenly becomes interesting because it deals with the Nazi America aspects then S4 is all woke where some powerful black insurrection movement appears out of nowhere and previous resistance in the area is all of a sudden gone from the scene entirely.

Everything constantly slides into total silliness, with a crescendo at the end. I think the scene where a character is asked why she needs a gun best illustrates how silly it all is, she is free to reply openly, to fight Nazis coming here from another universe, because the answer is crazy enough to sound like a joke.

Watched the 1st 4 episodes of this and if it wasn’t for the swearing, this would be some channel 5 afternoon Hallmark drama. 

Dont think I’d be missing out if I didn’t watch it again but Ive been watching it with the Mrs and she’s right into it so gotta stick with it 

32 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Watched the 1st 4 episodes of this and if it wasn’t for the swearing, this would be some channel 5 afternoon Hallmark drama. 

Dont think I’d be missing out if I didn’t watch it again but Ive been watching it with the Mrs and she’s right into it so gotta stick with it 

I think the old "there is a good show in there somewhere" would apply here, except every time you think they are finding it, it goes in the wrong direction. Essentially, they're not interested in the book, except that they find the setting intriguing, but don't know what to do with the story. So it turns into something rather pointless.

24 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I think the old "there is a good show in there somewhere" would apply here, except every time you think they are finding it, it goes in the wrong direction. Essentially, they're not interested in the book, except that they find the setting intriguing, but don't know what to do with the story. So it turns into something rather pointless.

So I’ve got 36 hours of my future life that are going to waste then. The things I do in the name of love 

Thought is was really disappointing to be honest and that after only watching two episodes (by the sounds of it not a bad idea)
Not sure why writers have to veer away from what is a classic tale by trying to be too clever but totally think Gatiss and Moffat have disappeared up their own arses with this.
If you want to watch a faithful adaptation of Stokers novel by the Beeb then try and get hold of the 1977 Count Dracula with Louis Jordan it’s far far superior to this one.

Not a good couple of months for the beeb first they ruin a Sci-Fi classic in War of the Worlds then they make a mess of a horror classic and in between do their bit in getting a gang of evil sociopaths .into power

• Upvote 1