You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

43 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Gyp Rosetti and Richard Harrow, 2 al time characters.

And Jimmy's Ma probably my favourite all time MILF.

The only problem with Boardwalk Empire really is that the majority of characters are based on real life people so it took away any sense of unpredictability with them as you knew they wouldn’t die when they were in danger etc...

That's what made the likes of Rosetti and Harrow so good. You never knew what way their story was going to go. 

• Upvote 1

I finished 2 shows tonight. First I got to the end of the righteous gemstones. I thought it got better as it went on, but definitely not as funny as eastbound or vice principles, but a really enjoyable watch. I also thought the variable length of the episodes really worked. 8/10. Later on, I've finished the morning show. Absolutely spot on and I enjoyed it from the start, loads and loads better than I was expecting. 9/10. 

8 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I finished 2 shows tonight. First I got to the end of the righteous gemstones. I thought it got better as it went on, but definitely not as funny as eastbound or vice principles, but a really enjoyable watch. I also thought the variable length of the episodes really worked. 8/10. Later on, I've finished the morning show. Absolutely spot on and I enjoyed it from the start, loads and loads better than I was expecting. 9/10. 

Gemstones has its moments, the characters are good in it but agree it not as funny consistently as EBAD. 

I finished Morning show last night, I thought it was solid too. I made the mistake of watching the flashback episode first as not ordered correctly on my service which threw me a bit. Definitely worth a watch.

8 minutes ago, Elite said:

Has anyone watched Yellowstone? Two seasons in and has good reviews, also stars Kevin Costner.

I was going to but saw a load of bad reviews of the first batch, it's written by the same guy who did Sicario and Hell or High Water though so I expected it to be decent.

I downloaded season one but I've not watched it as yet.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, paddyberger said:

Gemstones has its moments, the characters are good in it but agree it not as funny consistently as EBAD. 

I finished Morning show last night, I thought it was solid too. I made the mistake of watching the flashback episode first as not ordered correctly on my service which threw me a bit. Definitely worth a watch.

I am not into those flash back episodes, I didn't really enjoy them in either the morning show or gemstones. It's very rare I find they add anything at all, but it seems a bit of a standard thing to do now. 

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

I am not into those flash back episodes, I didn't really enjoy them in either the morning show or gemstones. It's very rare I find they add anything at all, but it seems a bit of a standard thing to do now. 

I think Lost set a precedent for them and it’s been picked up in loads of shows that have followed. If done right they can really add to the narrative but in bad examples they feel like complete fillers to flesh a season out.

12 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

I think Lost set a precedent for them and it’s been picked up in loads of shows that have followed. If done right they can really add to the narrative but in bad examples they feel like complete fillers to flesh a season out.

It was certainly a filler for gemstone. Obviously the one in the morning show created the narrative for the ending, but I'm not sure we needed an entire episode dedicated to it. I quite liked in lost the way the flashbacks were interlinked during a show rather than entire shows. I got fed up of them in the end, but I thought they were good at the begining. 

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Going to try this myself. Had completely forgotten about it myself and usually ignore what critics say anyhow. Hope they are wrong.

Yeah wife loves it so ended up watching . Bit unbelievable then again bit of escape ism ok. Lot of plots and sub plots floating about but enjoyable enough. The daughter would be in the amnesty thread . Bit weird looking in terms of conventional beauty but 100% you would bit nutty with it which I like. 

Then Deputy with Stephen Dorff absolute and utter drivel don't waste your time .

15 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Don’t f**k with cats is bat. shit. mental. 

8/10

Started it. Got about 2 minutes in when they showed them two kittens and knowing something bad was going to happen to them I turned it off. Fuck knows why I even started it. That woman at the start was proper annoying as well

20 hours ago, Mook said:

Messiah on Netflix is pretty interesting, I've only watched four episodes but am keen to keep going with it.

Yeah, I've watched a couple of episodes and it's good fun and obviously quite different to most else of what's out there.

'How can we make an even more ridiculous version of Homeland?'

• Upvote 1