You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Watched Lad Hood on IPlayer: just a good bit of nice enjoyable comedy about some bloke reflecting back on his tennis with commentary via the third wall. 7.6/10

Walter Presents : Blood Pact 

Dutch drama about a widower accountant and how his life becomes entwined with a recently realised gangster who owes the mob some money. It is a bit of a slow one and takes some getting into but on espisode 5 now and starting to gather in pace . Decent I say.

Just finished Witcher I’d give it 6.5/10. ive tried to avoid any spoilers below.

The world building is ok but could do with more explanation especially the motivations of Nilfgaard. Hopefully that comes in season 2.

the main positives are; gerhalt and Yennefers tits. The fight scenes are also well done. 

the frustrations I have are mainly around the pacing, it seems to jump around a hell of a lot and a seemingly huge amount is covered in a few episodes which results in it lacking depth at times. while I like the timelines and how they are told / intersect it does make it more confusing than it needs to be. 

In addition a lot of the characters are 2 dimensional and really need more depth GOT was great at fleshing out even minor characters. We spend a lot of time with yennefer and her character jumped around a lot and seemed to not be able to decide what it was. 

Some of the CGI is also a little dodgy and some of the supporting actors are awful which is distracting.

overall it has lots of promise and the first season was decent but if your looking for a GOT replacement (let’s ignore the last season of that) then you will be let down. 

I found The Witcher to be cynical and hyper superficial. The acting was atrocious, and the whole lot could be summed up by that fucking awful Witcher song which the daft twat with the lute came up with in episode 3 or 4, calculated, cynical, trying way too hard and falls flat on it's glitzy fucking kipper.

Haven't found myself actively feeling such revulsion to a TV series in a long time.

1/10 (for the test hunchback's tits)

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, JagSquared said:

Just finished Witcher I’d give it 6.5/10. ive tried to avoid any spoilers below.

The world building is ok but could do with more explanation especially the motivations of Nilfgaard. Hopefully that comes in season 2.

the main positives are; gerhalt and Yennefers tits. The fight scenes are also well done. 

the frustrations I have are mainly around the pacing, it seems to jump around a hell of a lot and a seemingly huge amount is covered in a few episodes which results in it lacking depth at times. while I like the timelines and how they are told / intersect it does make it more confusing than it needs to be. 

In addition a lot of the characters are 2 dimensional and really need more depth GOT was great at fleshing out even minor characters. We spend a lot of time with yennefer and her character jumped around a lot and seemed to not be able to decide what it was. 

Some of the CGI is also a little dodgy and some of the supporting actors are awful which is distracting.

overall it has lots of promise and the first season was decent but if your looking for a GOT replacement (let’s ignore the last season of that) then you will be let down. 

The first novel was apparently short stories and hence why it didn't come over great in the series, I fully expect things to get better in series 2. 

6 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I found The Witcher to be cynical and hyper superficial. The acting was atrocious, and the whole lot could be summed up by that fucking awful Witcher song which the daft twat with the lute came up with in episode 3 or 4, calculated, cynical, trying way too hard and falls flat on it's glitzy fucking kipper.

Haven't found myself actively feeling such revulsion to a TV series in a long time.

1/10 (for the test hunchback's tits)

I watched the first episode the other night. Haven't played the games or read the books. Didn't have the faintest fucking clue what was going on.

It's not getting any more of my time.

Lost in Space : Series 2

Mostly ok to good. Its a bit childish and overly dramatic in places. The Robinsons seem to be in mortal danger every five minutes but always survive. Some of the acting is merely ok and the FX and good. It seems to be aiming for the broadest possible audience ie aiming for teens as well a adults etc.

6/10. It is amusing and passes the time

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Lost Home Movies of Nazi Germany

Not going to rate it but it needs to be watched. 

It's on BBC4 and will be available on i Player.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m000crdh/lost-home-movies-of-nazi-germany 

He says posting in the “Rate the last TV Show you watched” thread.

• Upvote 1