You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Expanse S4 has started well, there doesn't appear to be any drop in the production with the move to Prime.

Watchmen - this has turned into all kinds of ace. The flashback black and white episode was brilliant and then it's topped by the Dr Manhattan one. Can't wait for the finale on Monday.

Andy Murray: Resurfacing.

Immense individual, irrespective of sport.

Pure grit, brilliantly analytical mind/marginal gains approach and a total refusal to be beaten, even as he’s preparing his mind for the possibility he needs to throw the towel in.

Inspiring character.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Pure grit, brilliantly analytical mind/marginal gains approach and a total refusal to be beaten, even as he’s preparing his mind for the possibility he needs to throw the towel in.

Inspiring character.

You forgot "massive twat" 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 13/12/2019 at 21:44, skend04 said:

Watchmen - this has turned into all kinds of ace. The flashback black and white episode was brilliant and then it's topped by the Dr Manhattan one. Can't wait for the finale on Monday.

Nailed the finale. Justified it as one of the best shows of the year. 9/10

On 05/12/2019 at 20:40, Barry Wom said:

I finished man in the high castle the other night. I really enjoyed it overall. Season 4 I'd give a 7.5 /10 and overall maybe an 8. I realised quickly in season 4 you have to watch properly, no fucking about posting on the perfect breakfast thread or calling Boris Johnson and cunt on the GE thread, but once you focus on it, it was really enjoyable. I'm not sure what I thought of the final scenes. I'm not even quite sure what they mean, but I didn't feel I needed to. The main part of the ending made the show make sense, which is enough for me. Sometimes I'm gutted when a show finishes when I've enjoyed it as I feel it could have gone forever, but it feels to me this finished exactly where it should and there's no reason it couldn't produce a spin off, but that wouldn't really need to be directly connected to what happened over those 4 seasons. 

Currently at the end of season 2 I'm finding it a bit heavy going is it worth sticking with Barry 

On 14/12/2019 at 00:05, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Inspiring character.

On 14/12/2019 at 09:05, elvis said:

You forgot "massive twat" 

I've heard good things about it but just can't bring myself to watch it because of what Elvis said. 

Don’t F*ck With Cats.

Three part crime documentary series on Netflix. Just blasted through it tonight. Mad little story about one of my fellow Canadians that fucks with cats and snakes and feet and people on Facebook. They probably could have stretched it out into five or six episodes but it was done pretty well. Easy viewing for just three hours.

7/10

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm all over the witcher tonight. Loved all the games, hope it's good.

Same here, not read the books but the game is also based on them so hopefully they nail it. Reviews so far seem to be favourable. Plus all 8 episodes of the first series is great news as I was worried they'd release them one at a time on a weekly basis. 

Treadstone Season One. 8/10. Does a good job of expanding the Bourne universe, telling a story across two timelines. If the fight sequences and occasional car chase are not quite up to the Bourne films then it’s purely down to budget limitations. Ends on some nice cliffhangers with the various story threads, so will head strongly into Season Two if, hopefully, it’s renewed.

EDIT: For those without access to something like Tea TV or Typhoon TV, It starts on Amazon Prime in January.

Guest Pistonbroke

The Witcher. (so far 8.9/10 and no doubt that will rise) 

4 episodes in so far and I'm hooked already. (Mind you,fantasy is my favourite genre.) People are going to judge this against GOT but that's unfair. It's a totally different story arc apart from being fantasy and should be judged on its own merit. 

I haven't read the books so can't judge how they have adapted the series to them. Much like GOT it is general a bunch of actors who personally I haven't heard of apart from a few, and so far they have done a great job. The cinematography is good and the music score fits perfectly. Character building could be better but I'm guessing they are going to continue feeding us with information as the whole thing progresses. That Anya Chalotra is a beautiful young woman in real life and it's pretty amazing how they have transformed her so far in this series and she pulls it off brilliantly.

The author had 7 main books to this series of novels, I'm not sure how many books this first series covers but it looks like it will be one at a time. That means Netflix will have a main seller for the next seven years. Fuck me, I'll be 62/63 by then, so I'll definitely be investing in a box set of the novels in January when the prices and availability are better. 

I can't wait to dig into the second half of the first series tomorrow evening, well worth the wait and Netflix are getting better at making the price of their subscription worthwhile.  

8 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

The Witcher. (so far 8.9/10 and no doubt that will rise) 

4 episodes in so far and I'm hooked already. (Mind you,fantasy is my favourite genre.) People are going to judge this against GOT but that's unfair. It's a totally different story arc apart from being fantasy and should be judged on its own merit. 

I haven't read the books so can't judge how they have adapted the series to them. Much like GOT it is general a bunch of actors who personally I haven't heard of apart from a few, and so far they have done a great job. The cinematography is good and the music score fits perfectly. Character building could be better but I'm guessing they are going to continue feeding us with information as the whole thing progresses. That Anya Chalotra is a beautiful young woman in real life and it's pretty amazing how they have transformed her so far in this series and she pulls it off brilliantly.

The author had 7 main books to this series of novels, I'm not sure how many books this first series covers but it looks like it will be one at a time. That means Netflix will have a main seller for the next seven years. Fuck me, I'll be 62/63 by then, so I'll definitely be investing in a box set of the novels in January when the prices and availability are better. 

I can't wait to dig into the second half of the first series tomorrow evening, well worth the wait and Netflix are getting better at making the price of their subscription worthwhile.  

I watched the first episode last night and really enjoyed it, however having never read the books, played the game or watched GoT I have no point of reference to liken it to.