You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Servant. 7/10. 

Two episodes in. An odd beast. I'm really not sure about it, but I'm interested to see where it goes in the next few episodes. Suitably creepy in moments. It seems to be channeling elements from Rosemary's Baby, The Hand That Rocks The Cradle, and even Children Of The Corn.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I've looked but cant find anything. Maybe some things are best not known.

Yeah, I also had a search which came up with nothing. 

On 02/12/2019 at 08:57, Captain Turdseye said:

Seeing as there’s no thread for Mr Inbetween and all the chat about it is in here then this is where I’ll comment on the film that first introduced Ray as a character. The Magician. Watched it last night. It’s not great. It’s not even good. There’s a couple of things that you can see he’s taken from it and put into the show but if somebody had recommended the show to me on the back of this film I’d have definitely given it a swerve. It’s funny seeing how young he looks but he’s far from the cool as fuck Ray he went on to portray in Mr Inbetween. 

Thanks for the review. I might give it a go sometime if I'm not Geoblocked!

https://www.amazon.com/Magician-Scott-Ryan/dp/B076X8W7G5/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=The+magician&qid=1575340881&sr=8-1

2 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Thanks for the review. I might give it a go sometime if I'm not Geoblocked!

https://www.amazon.com/Magician-Scott-Ryan/dp/B076X8W7G5/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=The+magician&qid=1575340881&sr=8-1

The 1 and 2 star reviews are spot on, unfortunately. Fuck knows what those people who are giving it 5 stars were watching. I’d send you the DVD but you’re too far away. 

I finished man in the high castle the other night. I really enjoyed it overall. Season 4 I'd give a 7.5 /10 and overall maybe an 8. I realised quickly in season 4 you have to watch properly, no fucking about posting on the perfect breakfast thread or calling Boris Johnson and cunt on the GE thread, but once you focus on it, it was really enjoyable. I'm not sure what I thought of the final scenes. I'm not even quite sure what they mean, but I didn't feel I needed to. The main part of the ending made the show make sense, which is enough for me. Sometimes I'm gutted when a show finishes when I've enjoyed it as I feel it could have gone forever, but it feels to me this finished exactly where it should and there's no reason it couldn't produce a spin off, but that wouldn't really need to be directly connected to what happened over those 4 seasons. 

Mr. Inbetween S2, still very good 8/10.

I think it may actually benefit if it goes to 45 minute episodes. Although the tendency is now to

accommodate ever shorter attention spans, so it will probably go to 10 instead.

Now back to the so far fairly tedious High Castle.

On 05/12/2019 at 19:16, moof said:

First episode of the Mandalorian. Pretty fucking good 

Four episodes in, this is absolutely ace. Exactly what I’ve always wanted out of Star Wars. Not au fait with Disney’s future plans for Star Wars more broadly, but I hope it continues in this vein 

34 minutes ago, moof said:

Four episodes in, this is absolutely ace. Exactly what I’ve always wanted out of Star Wars. Not au fait with Disney’s future plans for Star Wars more broadly, but I hope it continues in this vein 

Apparently Jon Favreau was the main original candidate to make the new star wars films, but Disney didn't like the direction he took it, so they decided to play it safe with JJ Abrams. 

At least we got to see a bit of his vision here, but it does make me wish Disney let him do the sequels.