You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

6 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Bad Blood

Bit split on this one. The first series is mediocre at best but the second series is far better without reaching any great heights. The acting is hit and miss, some good and some terrible, especially the two twins from the so called Boss of the mafia in Italy. The ending to series 2 was also pretty poor. 

6/10. 

Yeah,I agree. Its basically a tv movie style show and some of the acting is very ropey at best. Its hard going but watchable enough.

Guest Pistonbroke
5 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yeah,I agree. Its basically a tv movie style show and some of the acting is very ropey at best. Its hard going but watchable enough.

Kim Coates put in a good performance as Declan, one or two other good performances from Sharon Tayor (Rose Sunwind) and Lisa Berry (Nellie the RCMP), the rest were like soap stars trying to make their way in the industry. The accents on the two who played the Twins was dreadful. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Finally found a good stream to finish off and watch episode 11 of Mr Inbetween. 

Christ, probably not the best idea to watch that before going to bed at late o clock. Incredible acting throughout the series, but that last episode was something special. Despite the subject at hand they did it their own way and nailed it. I hope they renew this for a 3rd series, it would be criminal if they didn't. If FSX don't then Netflix or Prime should be all over it, I'm guessing the costs aren't that high. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Finally found a good stream to finish off and watch episode 11 of Mr Inbetween. 

Christ, probably not the best idea to watch that before going to bed at late o clock. Incredible acting throughout the series, but that last episode was something special. Despite the subject at hand they did it their own way and nailed it. I hope they renew this for a 3rd series, it would be criminal if they didn't. If FSX don't then Netflix or Prime should be all over it, I'm guessing the costs aren't that high. 

It's a Foxtel (equivalent of Sky) produced show, and has been nominated for various telly awards down here so I'd imagine they will keep it going.  Especially as it seems they have sold it around the world a bit.

Guest Pistonbroke
11 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

It's a Foxtel (equivalent of Sky) produced show, and has been nominated for various telly awards down here so I'd imagine they will keep it going.  Especially as it seems they have sold it around the world a bit.

Cheers JJ. Yeah, I was reading that they originally commissioned for FX Australia but the channel closed before the series could air. FX then renewed the series anyway despite the low ratings at the time. I'm guessing the low ratings were due to it finding its feet in the first few episodes. Once they did the acting was superb, especially the subtle dry humour found in the chit chats between the various actors. Are/were these actors big in Australia before this series mate? I thought Ray (Scott Ryan), Gary (Justin Rosniak), Brittany (Chika Yasumura) and Bruce (Nicholas Cassim) were excellent. Dave (Matt Nable) and Freddy (Damien Herrimen) were also very good. Loads of other actors who played a smaller part but were competent. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Has anybody watched that 'Queen of the South?'

Just into these type of series's at the moment and wondered if it is any good. Reviews are a bit hit and miss although the overall ratings seem pretty good. 

6 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Cheers JJ. Yeah, I was reading that they originally commissioned for FX Australia but the channel closed before the series could air. FX then renewed the series anyway despite the low ratings at the time. I'm guessing the low ratings were due to it finding its feet in the first few episodes. Once they did the acting was superb, especially the subtle dry humour found in the chit chats between the various actors. Are/were these actors big in Australia before this series mate? I thought Ray (Scott Ryan), Gary (Justin Rosniak), Brittany (Chika Yasumura) and Bruce (Nicholas Cassim) were excellent. Dave (Matt Nable) and Freddy (Damien Herrimen) were also very good. Loads of other actors who played a smaller part but were competent. 

Damien Herriman has been in quite a few things, most notably as Dewey Crowe in Justified and he played a great Charles Manson in season 2 of Mindhunter.

The director Nash Edgerton is the brother of actor Joel and has been in quite a few films as an actor himself.

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I got in tonight and there was still open all hours on the telly. I've never watched it before. Fucking hell, it's shite isn't it? I don't much remember the original show but thought on the odd time I saw it it was ok. But this thing? One of the most unfunny things I've ever watched. 0/10. 

I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread, Barry. I found myself actually cringing & my toes curling when I was watching the episode I came across. Surely David Jason doesn't need the money and some really good British comedy actors have let themselves down getting involved.

7 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Has anybody watched that 'Queen of the South?'

Just into these type of series's at the moment and wondered if it is any good. Reviews are a bit hit and miss although the overall ratings seem pretty good. 

Take it to the Scottish football thread. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Take it to the Scottish football thread. 

Onto episode 5 of series one. It's one of those series I hate, ropy acting and story lines but does enough to keep you intrigued, more in the hope it gets better. Then you find you've invested enough time in it to see it through to the end.

So far 5.7/10.  

8 hours ago, sir roger said:

I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread, Barry. I found myself actually cringing & my toes curling when I was watching the episode I came across. Surely David Jason doesn't need the money and some really good British comedy actors have let themselves down getting involved.

This was one of the things I noticed. Johnny Vegas is on there, Tim Healy and there was loads of faces I recognised, even if they're not been part of shows I watch. They must all do it because they want to, because I can't see how they afford so many high profile actors earning their normal rates, so they all must be doing it as a love job. I couldn't get over quite how bad it was and I ended up watching it all like a car crash! 

The Family Man 8/10

Been given a second season by Amazon so definitely worth getting on. Indian spy show, with a little of the True Lies about it and Manoj Bajpai is great in it as he is in most things he does. Some genuinely funny moments too when it comes to the family dynamics.

Mr Pickles - The Tree Of Flesh

The return of everybody's favourite 4 legged anti-Christ serial murderer. After the jaw dropping finale to series 3, this new season starts with that senile old bastard Grandpa hot on the heels of Mr Pickles, sniper rifle in hand, determined to blow the evil canine's brains out.

Oh it's good. Mental.

8/10 Fen on Kodi.

2 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Mr Pickles - The Tree Of Flesh

The return of everybody's favourite 4 legged anti-Christ serial murderer. After the jaw dropping finale to series 3, this new season starts with that senile old bastard Grandpa hot on the heels of Mr Pickles, sniper rifle in hand, determined to blow the evil canine's brains out.

Oh it's good. Mental.

8/10 Fen on Kodi.

Will be on this. Forgot all about it. Absolute nuts,but in a good way.

• Upvote 1

Seeing as there’s no thread for Mr Inbetween and all the chat about it is in here then this is where I’ll comment on the film that first introduced Ray as a character. The Magician. Watched it last night. It’s not great. It’s not even good. There’s a couple of things that you can see he’s taken from it and put into the show but if somebody had recommended the show to me on the back of this film I’d have definitely given it a swerve. It’s funny seeing how young he looks but he’s far from the cool as fuck Ray he went on to portray in Mr Inbetween. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Anyone else think this series War of The Worlds is shite ?

I think that it started off well but the end was a weak as piss. 

I liked the time shift element as it was not how I'd seen WOTW represented before. However, that last episode was garbage. They just made a generic jump-scare alien horror. What is it with aliens on telly at the moment? They all look very similar. These ones resembles the gangly creatures from A Quiet Place. Also thought the "colonialism bad" speech was lazy addition. Either make a main point about it or don't bother. 

With Robby establishing that mars was close to the earth again, as it was when the invasion took place, a better way to end it would've been for him to see further launches from Mars.  Instead we got Eleanor Thompson staring into the camera for 5 minutes....hope.....

Shite.