You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

How bizarre is this? I bought a smart watch from Ebay on Monday and had it delivered at work today.

The courier who delivered it was an Aussie so I thought I'd chat to him about Mr Inbetweener.

He told me that the show was based on a film in early 2000's called The Magician that was directed and stars Scott Ryan (guy who plays Ray) where he's a hitman as the same character in Melbourne.

It's supposed to be pretty good, so will try and watch it later.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
22 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

How bizarre is this? I bought a smart watch from Ebay on Monday and had it delivered at work today.

The courier who delivered it was an Aussie so I thought I'd chat to him about Mr Inbetweener.

He told me that the show was based on a film in early 2000's called The Magician that was directed and stars Scott Ryan (guy who plays Ray) where he's a hitman as the same character in Melbourne.

Just read a few reviews on that film and it sounds pretty good. Probably have to scout about for a stream job as it's from 2005 and I doubt it is on any of the usual streaming services. 

12 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

It was mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread and I'm sure I saw it but cannot remember exactly when. Will have a look online myself.

Unbelievable 8/10 was pretty good, well-written and nicely slowly paced police procedural, and propaganda wasn't too intrusive. Merritt Wever (the other detective) was a revelation for me, very fine actress who I have apparently seen in Godless and The Walking Dead but have no recollection of. Bizarre.

The Capture 7/10 Not bad but... as always with captivating stuff you just know they will disappoint you when story has to begin unraveling.

Finally able to watch The Deuce because it finished and enjoying it immensely,  don't really so many mixed reviews. same as with the Romanoffs.

14 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Old School is DVD? You bloody youngsters.

I recently began rewatching Fraser and remembered I have a S1 boxset somewhere so I dug it out. Really felt last century with the whirring and the menus and the disks and the SD quality picture. 

50 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Get it on Betamax,that's old school.

Sony only stopped producing Betamax videos circa 2015. Who knows where they were going when they were being made. Perhaps @Tony Moanero's house?

I called them and they said they had a department called Sony Moanero. 

Got up to date with Mr Inbetween. The Socks Are Important episode is absolutely stunning, one of the best episodes of anything I've ever seen- how they managed to cram so much into less than half an hour and still come up with a wonderfully cathartic ending is amazing. It's a real shame this doesn't seem to have a wider release.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Got up to date with Mr Inbetween. The Socks Are Important episode is absolutely stunning, one of the best episodes of anything I've ever seen- how they managed to cram so much into less than half an hour and still come up with a wonderfully cathartic ending is amazing. It's a real shame this doesn't seem to have a wider release.

I think word of mouth could see it explode like Breaking Bad. It’s that good. Netflix would be wise to try and get hold of it. 

The episode you mentioned and the final episode of the first series were both amazing TV. Looking forward to the last one of this series next week. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I think word of mouth could see it explode like Breaking Bad. It’s that good. Netflix would be wise to try and get hold of it. 

The episode you mentioned and the final episode of the first series were both amazing TV. Looking forward to the last one of this series next week. 

Last night's ep was also another cracker.