You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Mr Inbetween : Monsters

Another brilliant episode, howling with laughter at the scenein  the bosses office at the start, and the scenes between Ray and his daughter and between Ray and the grieving father were just beautifully done.

Fantastic subtle acting, best show on the telly.

8.5/10

• Upvote 1

Emergence : Two episodes in an it has already run out of steam. Not a single new idea on display here and stolen ideas and tropes used are poorly executed. Allison Tolman is superb as usual and deserves much better than this. 4/10 and of this is for Tolman

Evil: A premise that we have all seen before. Someone from a science background is asked to join a small team examining the supernatural. In this case its the Catholic church looking at mysteries, demonic possession and miracles. Two episodes in and its like a really shit X Files. katja Herbers cannot carry a show.

59 minutes ago, redheart said:

Emergence : Two episodes in an it has already run out of steam. Not a single new idea on display here and stolen ideas and tropes used are poorly executed. Allison Tolman is superb as usual and deserves much better than this. 4/10 and of this is for Tolman

Evil: A premise that we have all seen before. Someone from a science background is asked to join a small team examining the supernatural. In this case its the Catholic church looking at mysteries, demonic possession and miracles. Two episodes in and its like a really shit X Files. katja Herbers cannot carry a show.

That's a disappointment. I've watched the pilot of each of them and thought they were both shows that could go either way. As you say, I was hoping tolman's involvement in emergence would mean it was probably pretty decent. In the same way, I like Michael Emerson and was hoping he'd have evil on the right track too. 

On 27/09/2019 at 19:19, Carvalho Diablo said:

Mr. Inbetween S02E03

Best program on the telly by a distance. The birds and the bees chat between Ray and Britt had me howling.

9/10 Kodi Exodus Redux

Looks a bit like Fabinho crossed with Marvin hagler

• Upvote 2

Rewatching Deadwood from the start having never gotten past about Season 2 mid-point.

Truly great show, with Al and E.B. both sublime characters. The dialogue is easily some of the best I’ve heard in television generally, but for those two it’s often gutter poetry at its finest.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Rewatching Deadwood from the start having never gotten past about Season 2 mid-point.

Truly great show, with Al and E.B. both sublime characters. The dialogue is easily some of best I’ve seen in television generally, but for those it’s often gutter poetry at its finest.

E. B is one of the most underrated characters in TV history, plays the snidey-coward to a tee.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

The humour in Deadwood is ace. E.B is definitely a fine character, plus some of the scenes between Al and Woo had me in stitches. 

57 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Truly great show, with Al and E.B. both sublime characters. The dialogue is easily some of the best I’ve heard in television generally, but for those two it’s often gutter poetry at its finest.

Richardson, the crazy pot washer is my favourite character.

The chat about the dope, between Al and Mr Woo,  had me in tears. Truly great program.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, chevettehs said:

There are some excellent throwaway lines in the program as well like them following Jewell and Al coming out with "every step an adventure". 

Al’s comments to Jewell are laugh out loud funny, just part of the cunt he so often is. Another classic of his is “I have just fled my own office in horror at his fucking dimwittedness” after speaking to Johnny.

Also like E.B’s “Miserable haughty cunt, taking me beyond my depth” to himself about Alma.

Just watched the first episode of Evil. Looks to me like they watched The Exorcism Of Emily Rose and thought that’d be a good premise for a TV series but let’s swap the lawyer out for a psychiatrist. 

I like Mike Colter and Michael Emerson, but they seem like they may be a bit wasted here. I thought it was going to be one story a season, but it looks like they’re doing a different story each episode, which for me limits the possibility of something slow burn and capable of creating a creeping feeling of unease which this type of subject demands.

I’ll give it another couple of episodes, but to be honest I’m not sold.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Never watched Deadwood. Will give that bitch a ride.

You won't be disappointing mate. Great acting, a very good dialogue with humour in the right places, great setting and loads of tits. 

Top Boy 8/10

Watched it after reading the debate here, it's pretty good and I actually like the Netflix part better. It's wider in scope, with better story lines and more rounded and intriguing characters. They screwed up some timelines towards the end, but, apart from maybe too much guns, its a step up in every other aspect. It's more gangster drama than gritty kitchen sink like the first two, which I feel it always wanted to be.

Was a bit surprised when I read it was created by an older, white guy and what is more, from Northern Ireland.  A Divis Flats story set in a more up to date setting?

• Upvote 1

Criminal. A police interrogation drama on Netflix. There are a UK,Spain,France and Germany version with different stories with each country. I thought the Germany version was the best,the French version second best but the Spanish and UK versions weren't great. I hate UK stuff,the acting is shit. An all round average of about 7.5/10 but I'd watch the German and French first as they are the best,in my opinion.

Watching Louis Theroux meeting Neo=Nazis in America. Its from 2003 , can't believe I haven't seen this one before. Ive seen loads of his programmes and they are weird but this is another level. How can people have such evil and hate filled thoughts? One horrible country.