You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Finally got around to watch Chernobyl, 9/10, puts you right off Russian nuclear technology.

It's apparently not entirely accurate but production values are really impressive, sets and costumes seem impeccable. Storytelling is also top notch.

How come the West makes the best TV when dealing with USSR topics? Cultural Marxism?  

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke
22 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

New series of Top Boy is on Netflix. About 4 episodes in and really enjoying it. The British Gomorrah.

Yeah, Netflix adding a few good shows of late. 

33 minutes ago, chevettehs said:

I had that Top Boy pop up on Netflix but had ignored it as I was expecting it to be the usual Rise of the Footsoldier, Dave Courtney and his cronies type of bollocks. 

Currently working through City on a Hill but I'll give Top Boy a try after that. 

It was previously on channel 4 but they dropped it despite it being one of their best shows.

Unbelievable

Wow, just blasted through this Netflix 8 parter on a whim and  I must say it was fantastic, the best cop based drama since series 1 of True Detective.

I've always loved Toni Collette and both she and her co-star are both fantastic in this, along with at least 3 more of their female co-stars in, what is at times, a bit of an acting masterclass.

9/10 Exodux Redux on Kodi or Netflix.

• Upvote 1

Finished Spy with Sacha Baron-Cohen earlier. Netflix. Very good little series. All true as well. 7/10. 

Started the first episode of Unbelievable but was nodding off so took advantage and went to bed. Now wide awake but its too late to be re-starting it. Looks like its going to be good though. 

8 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Been watching Top Boy and it's class although somewhat depressing. Didn't know it was on years ago until the Mrs told me. Well worth a watch.

Was very popular at the time but Channel 4 didn't recommission it & a few years on it happened to come to Drake's attention & he ploughed some money in to get a follow up series made for Netflix.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Finished Banshee. If you accept it for what it is then it's thoroughly enjoyable. Great acting, loads of tits, decent plots, loads of tits, good character building, even for the lesser characters, loads of tits, loads of action with very good fight scenes, even though a bloke who gets a tomahawk embedded in his chest and shoulder is fighting a day or two later, plus loads of face beatings and not one cracked tooth. Loads of tits, have I mentioned that yet? 

9/10

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Finished Banshee. If you accept it for what it is then it's thoroughly enjoyable. Great acting, loads of tits, decent plots, loads of tits, good character building, even for the lesser characters, loads of tits, loads of action with very good fight scenes, even though a bloke who gets a tomahawk embedded in his chest and shoulder is fighting a day or two later, plus loads of face beatings and not one cracked tooth. Loads of tits, have I mentioned that yet? 

9/10

I'm generally not a fan of ridiculous shows but I was hooked with Banshee straight away. Thoroughly entertaining and captivating.

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'm generally not a fan of ridiculous shows but I was hooked with Banshee straight away. Thoroughly entertaining and captivating.

I get the feeling they left things open for a return to Banshee at some point. I really do hope so. Most of the actors are still young enough to pick things up again in a few years.

43 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I get the feeling they left things open for a return to Banshee at some point. I really do hope so. Most of the actors are still young enough to pick things up again in a few years.

Plus Hoods stint as Outlander in The Boyz will have gained him more fans.

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

I read somewhere Antony Starr wanted to stop as all the fight and action scenes were taking a big toll on his body. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I read somewhere Antony Starr wanted to stop as all the fight and action scenes were taking a big toll on his body. 

He's a lot older than he looks, late 40's I believe. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, skend04 said:

Yep. Plus there's not much more story left to tell, that final season felt a bit flat after the previous one. I'd be happy for it to end there rather than come back with some tacked on storyline.

Loads of avenues they can go down if they wanted to bring it back mate.