You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 24/08/2019 at 18:15, VladimirIlyich said:

City on a Hill finished last week and it was very good overall. A very solid 8/10 for me.

Just finished this and I agree, it's a cracking show. I love the Boston vibe and the cast is excellent. I'm surprised it's score is only at 7.6 on IMDB which is quite low for TV. Really hope they make another season.

Guest Pistonbroke

5 episodes into Wu Assassins. Not bad if you give it a chance to build and take it for what it is. Yeah, the acting is ropey in parts but there is a few good characters. Katheryn Winnick is in it, and she is sex on legs. Quite a few cute ladies tbh. It feels a bit rushed at times. The transition from 'You're not ready to be the Wu Assassin' to 'You're now ready' was incredibly short and done without much thought. The character building leaves a lot to be desired as does the side plots. It is what it is though, entertaining enough with a decent main story line. I also like the mixture of plot and action in equal measures. 

So far. 6.5/10. 

I'm currently about 6 episodes into The Break and I'm finding it surprisingly enjoyable. A slightly surreal detective series set in a rural, almost hillbilly-esque part of rural Belgium doesn't sound that promising, but it's actually a really good slow-burner, with some nice reveals and cliffhangers. 8/10, so far- I've got 4 episodes left in this series and there's a second series too- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4792480/

15 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I've been watching Mr Mercedes it's been pretty decent.

Good, I enjoyed the book and its sequels. Think I'll have to either download this or find a stream for it, it only seems to be available via another sub service on top of Amazon Prime. There's a 7 day free trial, but I'm not sure I'd get it all finished in time.

Put Wu Assassins on yesterday and gave up after half an hour. Plassy two dimensional plot and characters that decent martial arts scenes can’t assuage. 

Currently really enjoying This Way Up with Aisling Bea and Sharon Horgan, Gone Fishing and Street Food (on Netflix). I’m a bit addicted to Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee too. 

Watched the first episode of Brassic with Joe Gilgun, which was good; I reckon I’ll carry on with that. Peaky Blinders new series started well too. 

Tried Euphoria, but it didn’t grab me; just made me feel old and depressed despite the “shock” factor. 

Will watch the Weinstein documentary tonight and looking forward to the new series of The Mash Report this week. 

Biggest thing on the horizon for me though is the forthcoming adaptation of His Dark Materials. It’s still a very tricky series of books to adapt for the screen in my view and I’m not entirely convinced by some of the casting, but I still expect to enjoy it. 

Oh and we all gather to watch Bake Off. It’s mildly entertaining, but I just enjoy the fact that it’s something we can all watch together. Happens very rarely these days. 

Guest Pistonbroke
On 31/08/2019 at 02:30, Pistonbroke said:

5 episodes into Wu Assassins. Not bad if you give it a chance to build and take it for what it is. Yeah, the acting is ropey in parts but there is a few good characters. Katheryn Winnick is in it, and she is sex on legs. Quite a few cute ladies tbh. It feels a bit rushed at times. The transition from 'You're not ready to be the Wu Assassin' to 'You're now ready' was incredibly short and done without much thought. The character building leaves a lot to be desired as does the side plots. It is what it is though, entertaining enough with a decent main story line. I also like the mixture of plot and action in equal measures. 

So far. 6.5/10. 

Watched the rest of this last night. Kind of got worse as it went on. Not sure where they will go with the second series but they need to up their game. 

Worth a watch but nothing more. Demoted to a 6/10 overall. 

On 21/08/2019 at 20:40, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've not watched this yet, but it has to be special. 

Imagine the pitch...

20190821_202818.png

I got around to watching this.  

It was a bit hit and miss.  There was some interesting stuff about the presence of black Africans in Florentine and Venetian Renaissance art and society (and how those people have been airbrushed out of art history, since the rise of the transatlantic slave trade) but there were too many contrived attempts to draw parallels between Renaissance Italy and various aspects of hip-hop culture.  The horse only appeared briefly at the beginning and end, too.

Still, it's worth watching and we may have found the heir to the late Sister Wendy.

On 01/09/2019 at 21:56, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm on series 3 now and think its the weakest so far.

Mid way through season one now and really enjoying it. There's a great dynamic between the established brothers with each other, their over familiar mum and the young guy.

Pope's great casting, he's incredibly similar to Ben Mendolson whom played the role in the movie.

8 hours ago, Elite said:

Mid way through season one now and really enjoying it. There's a great dynamic between the established brothers with each other, their over familiar mum and the young guy.

Pope's great casting, he's incredibly similar to Ben Mendolson whom played the role in the movie.

Shawn Hatosy plays Pope. He was very good in the series Southland too.