You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I am Nicola, starring Vicky McClure.

Unsettling, claustrophobic and tense short film with a lot of Meadows style naturalistic, presumably heavily-improvised dialogue. That sadly far too many women will recognise and too many men will write off as one-sided, or she’s a nag/sourpuss/should lighten up, or why aren’t there programmes made where the snake-with-tits is poncing money off/shagging around on/getting angry over nothing at/being a joy-thief to/controlling/draining the life out of her fella.

Not an enjoyable watch at all but very well-acted and an important sort of film for affected people to notice familiarities with discomfort and it to ring a few bells that maybe they’re not just imagining it/going fucking mad after all.

6 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

It'ss a 6/10 show for me. Seasons 4 - 6 were really tough to get through and I finished it on will power alone.

Deadwood is light years better  than Justified.

Nothing , but nothing is light years ahead of Justified. 6/10 

Pfft

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, rotoq said:

Mind Hunter is fucking excellent.vgakf way through season 2 and already dreading it being over. It's slow paced but gripping.

It's superb, I decided to rewatch the first series before diving into the new one and it's just so absorbing. The guy playing Kemper is astonishing. 

3 hours ago, JagSquared said:

Season 3 of GLOW was good if perhaps a little rudderless towards the end but maybe that’s what they were going for. 

I really enjoy this show but no idea where it’s going next.

I watched season 1 and really liked it. Then I started season 2 and just couldn't get into it and stopped after an episode and a half. Would you say it's worth going back to?

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

It's superb, I decided to rewatch the first series before diving into the new one and it's just so absorbing. The guy playing Kemper is astonishing. 

Watched three episodes of season two, actually have to force myself not to watch more. Loved the opening scene with In every dream home, a heartache  by Roxy Music playing, in fact I pretty much love all the music in the show.

Edit. And the scifi geek loved that Oliva Dunham and September from Fringe are back in a show!

3 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I watched season 1 and really liked it. Then I started season 2 and just couldn't get into it and stopped after an episode and a half. Would you say it's worth going back to?

I’d say so it’s an easy watch and decent pallet cleanser as I tend to watch something heavier alongside a softer show. I enjoyed season 2 and season 3 despite there being a bit of a lull in the last season.

if anything you could keep watching just to admire Alison Brie.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

I’d say so it’s an easy watch and decent pallet cleanser as I tend to watch something heavier alongside a softer show. I enjoyed season 2 and season 3 despite there being a bit of a lull in the last season.

And Betty Gilpin..

7 hours ago, JagSquared said:

Yep, you can't complain much when she's on the screen. 

I’ve gone from zero to finished on Mindhunter in less than a week, which I don’t think I’ve ever done with a TV show before. Finished S2 last night and the whole thing is brilliant. Any news on S3? I believe there was almost a two year so between the first two series. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I’ve gone from zero to finished on Mindhunter in less than a week, which I don’t think I’ve ever done with a TV show before. Finished S2 last night and the whole thing is brilliant. Any news on S3? I believe there was almost a two year so between the first two series. 

I am watching series 2 at the moment and I think its a major upgrade on the first series.

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Watched the first 2 episodes of series 2 tonight. (Mindhunter). As someone said above I'm already dreading it being over which will probably be by Wednesday. Superb television. 

Its easy to binge on. Took me a couple of days watching a few episodes each day. I enjoyed series two as it focused on the whole team rather than just the boy wonder element of the first series.

I don't get it with Mindhunter at all, watched the first episode of the second series & it was more of the same, utterly, utterly tedious.

The two main guys in it combined have less charisma than a table leg. Seriously boring bastards.

One thing that really bugs me is how it's set in the late 70s or thereabouts & half the people in it look like they've walked out an office in 2019, it's so half arsed.

1/10 for that episode, I won't be watching any more of it.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Mook said:

I don't get it with Mindhunter at all, watched the first episode of the second series & it was more of the same, utterly, utterly tedious.

The two main guys in it combined have less charisma than a table leg. Seriously boring bastards.

One thing that really bugs me is how it's set in the late 70s or thereabouts & half the people in it look like they've walked out an office in 2019, it's so half arsed.

We don't want you anyway. Fuck off. 

17 minutes ago, Mook said:

I couldn't get into it either, so you're not on your own. I am however going to give it another go based on the wankfest in this thread.

Dragons Den is still one of the best shows on TV.

• Upvote 1