You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Just finished watching 'Unsolved' on Netflix. Enjoyed it but quite surprised by how difficult the deaths of Tupac Shakur and Biggie Smalls were to investigate. No expert on rap but its community were pretty impenetrable on these murders, even though they were well witnessed. The music business, eh?

6 hours ago, torahboy said:

Just finished watching 'Unsolved' on Netflix. Enjoyed it but quite surprised by how difficult the deaths of Tupac Shakur and Biggie Smalls were to investigate. No expert on rap but its community were pretty impenetrable on these murders, even though they were well witnessed. The music business, eh?

It was more distrust of the authorities than anything else. That as well as fear of reprisals if you 'grassed.' It seems some people may have been paid off to keep quiet also.

Godless 6/10.

A "feminist" western mini-series from 2017, the story develops just fine over the first 5 episodes despite the usual modern heavy-on-ideology light-on-historical-accuracy approach, but it starts sliding towards ridiculous in the last 2 episodes and ends on a note of sheer silliness. Shame.

15 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It was more distrust of the authorities than anything else. That as well as fear of reprisals if you 'grassed.' It seems some people may have been paid off to keep quiet also.

The 'grass' angle has held up pretty well in our own neck of the wood for certain cases. You're right, though, there were a few factors affecting the investigations. Sad reality, but a not bad drama.

Guest Pistonbroke
18 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'll watch it but it's the most overrated show in the history of TV.

I love it mate, opinions though. 

17 hours ago, sir roger said:

Anybody been watching Serengeti on the BBC ?

Beautiful filming as you might expect but some of the storylines around the animals seemed really far-fetched and I noticed Simon Fuller was the producer which also set my spidey-senses tingling.

Filmed at Knowsley Safari Park starring Dave Hedgehog? 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Elite said:

I'll watch it but it's the most overrated show in the history of TV.

I thought it was terrible and struggled through the first series before ditching it. In a blatant piece of cultural snobbery, it's well liked by a load of people I know that have a very different taste in TV to me (ie my parents, people that watch Love Island) which makes me think it must be shite. Snobby dick.

• Upvote 1

Swamp Thing - 7/10. A very good series that petered out in the last few episodes thanks to WB’s bizarre decision to bin it and cut the run from 13 episodes to 10, forcing the show to cut corners from episode 8 onwards. A shame that we never got to see what it could have become. Probably would have been an 8/10 or higher had they let it unfold.

The Art of Architecture on Sky Arts is ace (one for Karl b). First one on Santiago Calatrava is amazing.

Also enjoying Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing S2 (just very amusing and, well, nice), This Way Up (Aisling Bea & Sharon Horgan comedy/drama thing), Remarkable Places To Eat (desperately want to go to San Sebastián now) and Everybody In The Place: An Incomplete History of Britain 1984-1992 in which the artist Jeremy Deller teaches a sixth form politics class about the culture, history and politics of Britain via the medium of acid house. 

• Upvote 1

On 09/08/2019 at 19:08, Bobby Hundreds said:

The boys. Thought it was great, only very minor annoyance was the whole starlight  you spied on me, betrayed my trust angle, just because I feel like I've seen that plot line a billion times.

Nowhere near as bad Karl Urban's, English/Ozzy/Kiwi/Dick-Van-Dyke, accent. 

Bar the accent, great show and Homelander was a brilliant massive cunt.