You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

4 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Started watching 'The Man in the High Castle.' About six episodes into S1. 6.5/10 Sieg Heil so far. 

Weird one this, it's a very good idea, obviously based on the book, but nothing much happens. The acting isn't great but is held together by a few good performances. It's just so boring and a bit pretentious, although aesthetically pleasing. Hopefully it gets better. 

The ending of the first series made me want to boot my tell in mate, I felt fucking cheated.

I believe our very own Neko worked on some of the designs / CAD modelling for series 2.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

The ending of the first series made me want to boot my tell in mate, I felt fucking cheated.

I believe our very own Neko worked on some of the designs / CAD modelling for series 2.

I'll probably stick with it, as I rarely ditch a series/film unless they are really shit. It's only 30 episodes, so I'll probably have it finished by next weekend and move onto something else. I've heard it goes downhill after S2, so not expecting great things. The lead actress who plays Juliana is very nice though. 

I remember Neko mentioning he had worked on the Series using CAD. Computer aided Design.  

6 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I'll probably stick with it, as I rarely ditch a series/film unless they are really shit. It's only 30 episodes, so I'll probably have it finished by next weekend and move onto something else. I've heard it goes downhill after S2, so not expecting great things. The lead actress who plays Juliana is very nice though. 

I remember Neko mentioning he had worked on the Series using CAD. Computer aided Design.  

I'm sure there's a thread dedicated to the show here in the GF somewhere mate. I remember @neko posted some of his pre-production screenshots of his work. Looked great and very interesting.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I'm sure there's a thread dedicated to the show here in the GF somewhere mate. I remember @neko posted some of his pre-production screenshots of his work. Looked great and very interesting.

Yeah, a couple of years ago if I remember. 

I've been watching Dark on Netflix - the weird German show. Love it. About 8 episodes in. I love all things German so am a bit biased but i'm really enjoying it. 

It is, as the name suggests, a bit dark. It's about children who are going missing over a few decades in a small german town, but also throw in a bit of time travel/pre-destiny and 80s nostalgia.

Good for anyone who likes creepy/dread/mystery TV etc. It's slow moving and obviously in subtitles so you need to pay attention. There only seems to be about 6 locations (the mysterious cave, the mysterious forest, the mysterious hotel, the mysterious power plant, plus the local school and a couple of houses where mysterious things happen).

Recommended for anyone who likes Twin Peaks, Channel Zero, The Killing etc. 

Saying that i haven't got to the end which might turn out shit. Who knows. 

8 out of 10 so far.

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I've been watching Dark on Netflix - the weird German show. Love it. About 8 episodes in. I love all things German so am a bit biased but i'm really enjoying it. 

It is, as the name suggests, a bit dark. It's about children who are going missing over a few decades in a small german town, but also throw in a bit of time travel/pre-destiny and 80s nostalgia.

Good for anyone who likes creepy/dread/mystery TV etc. It's slow moving and obviously in subtitles so you need to pay attention. There only seems to be about 6 locations (the mysterious cave, the mysterious forest, the mysterious hotel, the mysterious power plant, plus the local school and a couple of houses where mysterious things happen).

8 out of 10 so far.

I watched it in German, but English audio is also available. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I find English dubbing adds an unwanted element of comedy.

Yeah, I watched one of the episodes I'd already watched in German to compare, most of the voice actors they used for the English dubbing were laughable at best. Just pointing out that the option id there for those who don't like subtitles or speak German. 

To be honest i tend to watch a lot of TV with subtitles on anyway. I've watched a couple of Dark episodes on an iPad Pro with headphones which has been ace - the sound and visuals in Dark are really high quality.

The Shield - started rewatching this for the first time in ten years. Don't need to get to the end to know it's an 11 out of 10.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

8 out of 10 so far.

It's definitely not shit, great series.

• Upvote 1

Blasted through seasons 2 and 3 of Billions after a few year hiatus. I'm really enjoying it now, well apart from John Malkovich doing the shittest Russian accent I've ever heard. Come to think of it, he's shit in everything I've seen him in. Taylors a good character and has definitely added another great dynamic to the show.

6 minutes ago, Elite said:

Blasted through seasons 2 and 3 of Billions after a few year hiatus. I'm really enjoying it now, well apart from John Malkovich doing the shittest Russian accent I've ever heard. Come to think of it, he's shit in everything I've seen him in. Taylors a good character and has definitely added another great dynamic to the show.

He is alright in In The Line Of Fire 

On 10/07/2019 at 20:45, manwiththestick said:

Started watching Waco last night, two episodes in and it's pretty good. Great cast too, Michael Shannon is always good, the blonde girl from Ozark, even Taylor Kitsch is good as David Koresh.

I loved Waco. Shame there can't be a season 2!

On 12/07/2019 at 10:20, Pistonbroke said:

Started watching 'The Man in the High Castle.' About six episodes into S1. 6.5/10 Sieg Heil so far. 

Weird one this, it's a very good idea, obviously based on the book, but nothing much happens. The acting isn't great but is held together by a few good performances. It's just so boring and a bit pretentious, although aesthetically pleasing. Hopefully it gets better. 

I felt a bit like that about season 1, but I think each season since has got a bit better. It's not the the best show ever, but I really quite enjoyed the last season. 

Guest Pistonbroke
12 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I loved Waco. Shame there can't be a season 2!

I felt a bit like that about season 1, but I think each season since has got a bit better. It's not the the best show ever, but I really quite enjoyed the last season. 

Finished S3 last night. I agree that it gradually got better and I'll certainly give the final S4 a go. Invested too much time not to and it will be interesting to see what happens to the min characters. Probably a steady enough 7/10. 

Alexa Davalos who plays Juliana is beautiful and for some reason I have a thing for Chelah Horsdal who plays Helen Smith, probably because she's got a huge rack. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Finished S3 last night. I agree that it gradually got better and I'll certainly give the final S4 a go. Invested too much time not to and it will be interesting to see what happens to the min characters. Probably a steady enough 7/10. 

Alexa Davalos who plays Juliana is beautiful and for some reason I have a thing for Chelah Horsdal who plays Helen Smith, probably because she's got a huge rack. 

Yeah, I'd shag Helen Smith, but I'd be thinking about Juliana. 

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Yeah, I'd shag Helen Smith, but I'd be thinking about Juliana. 

Related image

Alexa (Juliane) 

[spoilerImage result for Alexa Davalos boobs spoiler]