You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, redheart said:

I don't use a domestic. I use the netflix app on the TV. Will a VPN app still work and trick the Netflix app into thinking that I am in the USA 

Depends on which VPN you use, most freebie ones won't work, the paid ones are far better. 

Check this out. https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/best-vpn-smart-tv/

Guest Pistonbroke

Just to add to that, something which makes things a lot simpler.

I use a firestick (only 40 bucks or round about that) on my Smart TV, mainly because you can just add the Express VPN app to it and away you go. The firestick itself has all the main apps like Netflix, Hulu etc on it already. So on starting up just go into the VPN app and switch it on to desired location, if needed, sometimes it will stay on from your last use of it. Load up the app you want to use, for example Netflix, log in and away you go. If one Location in the VPN server choice doesn't work then just go back into the VPN app and choose another. 

3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

For your TV you'll have to add a VPN from the app store or if you are using Firestick from Amazon. 

As far as built in VPN's go they are shite in general, paid ones are the way to go. If you still want to use the freebies then just click on the VPN icon when the browser is open.

vpn-press-image

I've been on opera for ages and never seen that little blue vpn icon ever ? Wtf ?

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, elvis said:

I've been on opera for ages and never seen that little blue vpn icon ever ? Wtf ?

Just make sure you have updated Opera to the latest version, or download the latest version and follow this. 

To activate the free VPN for the first time, enable it in Menu -> Settings -> Privacy -> VPN. From now on you will see an icon on the address bar showing VPN status. Simply click on it to trigger VPN service on and off. You can then select your desired virtual location and also see stats on the data used.

Opera’s VPN can also be used in a private browsing window.

I can't say how good it is as I don't use Opera myself. Plus I'm always sceptical about free VPN's as they are usually shite and they are probably storing your Data as I explained earlier. 

5 hours ago, redheart said:

I use the VPN built into OPERA browser. How can I tell which country I am logging in from?

Also how do I use a VPN when  I am using my Samsung Smart TV and the netflix app?

To answer the first, go to a site like this:

https://www.whoismyisp.org/

It should tell you the answer.

Can't help with the second, sorry.

13 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Just to add to that, something which makes things a lot simpler.

I use a firestick (only 40 bucks or round about that) on my Smart TV, mainly because you can just add the Express VPN app to it and away you go. The firestick itself has all the main apps like Netflix, Hulu etc on it already. So on starting up just go into the VPN app and switch it on to desired location, if needed, sometimes it will stay on from your last use of it. Load up the app you want to use, for example Netflix, log in and away you go. If one Location in the VPN server choice doesn't work then just go back into the VPN app and choose another. 

I have an amazon firestick but I do not use it because I have a smart TV.

Are you suggesting that I use the Smart TV Netflix App for UK content and then use Netflix on the Firestick with with a VPN app on the Firestick to watch the US content?

Guest Pistonbroke
20 minutes ago, redheart said:

I have an amazon firestick but I do not use it because I have a smart TV.

Are you suggesting that I use the Smart TV Netflix App for UK content and then use Netflix on the Firestick with with a VPN app on the Firestick to watch the US content?

No. I was explaining that I use the Firestick for everything as I have a Samsung TV and most Samsung TV's Can't run a VPN service. This is because most Samsung TV's are region-locked to your place of purchase. There are ways around that, like changing the DNS settings manually or using a VPN enabled router. Personally I just let everything run through the firestick as I have a very good IP with fast and stable speeds. If the VPN is not switched on you can use it for the normal content which is allowed, if it's switched on it allows me to use content from the location I choose and the obvious security it provides. It's also a must to use it when using apps like TeaTV or Kodi. If you revert back to the Smart TV apps from Samsung then you just use them as normal. 

Or, just use your TV as normal and use a PC/laptop with your VPN to watch stuff from other locations. Most paid VPN services will explain this on their websites and have tutorials on how to set things up using various devices. 

Guest Pistonbroke
5 hours ago, redheart said:

But the way I explained is possible. TV app for UK content and Amazon Firestick for US with a VPN App on it?

Yes, because the Firestick is basically a separate piece of hardware.

3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Finished S2 of Dark, fantastic. S3 will be the final one, should be out next year. 9.5/10 

It's a great show. Be interesting to see how they wrap things up. Jonah reminds me of Fernando Torres.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Elite said:

It's a great show. Be interesting to see how they wrap things up. Jonah reminds me of Fernando Torres.

Yeah, he does a bit. I think the clue is in the sentence Martha said to Jonas at the end. Martha is way to young for me, but she is really cute. 

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yeah, he does a bit. I think the clue is in the sentence Martha said to Jonas at the end. Martha is way to young for me, but she is really cute. 

I imagine it's going to get more confusing but don't want to put any spoilers on here.

I was going to watch Money Heist but the subtitles were on the top of the screen which completely fucked it for me.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Elite said:

I imagine it's going to get more confusing but don't want to put any spoilers on here.

I was going to watch Money Heist but the subtitles were on the top of the screen which completely fucked it for me.

I don't know how NSFW/Hidden content works on this new forum format, so can't post spoilers either. 

Money Heist is available in various languages including English mate. Or at least it is over here in Germany. 

8 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I don't know how NSFW/Hidden content works on this new forum format, so can't post spoilers either. 

Money Heist is available in various languages including English mate. Or at least it is over here in Germany. 

I can't be arsed with dubbing mate. I'd happily watch it with the subtitles at the bottom of the screen but I tried to play about with it on Netflix but couldn't find an option for them to be at the bottom.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put subtitles high up? Wanker.

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Elite said:

I can't be arsed with dubbing mate. I'd happily watch it with the subtitles at the bottom of the screen but I tried to play about with it on Netflix but couldn't find an option for them to be at the bottom.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put subtitles high up? Wanker.

Just checked and the subtitles on Netflix Germany are at the bottom mate. Just click on the '?' button, 'Is there something wrong, tell us about it' option. Maybe's Netflix Uk can change it or at least let you know how you can change the settings yourself. 

15 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Started watching Waco last night, two episodes in and it's pretty good. Great cast too, Michael Shannon is always good, the blonde girl from Ozark, even Taylor Kitsch is good as David Koresh.

Where's that on?

Cancel my last; got it.

Guest Pistonbroke

Started watching 'The Man in the High Castle.' About six episodes into S1. 6.5/10 Sieg Heil so far. 

Weird one this, it's a very good idea, obviously based on the book, but nothing much happens. The acting isn't great but is held together by a few good performances. It's just so boring and a bit pretentious, although aesthetically pleasing. Hopefully it gets better. 

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You just need to put ‘spoiler’ and ‘/spoiler’ in the tags instead of NSFW. 

Fuck, can't get it to work. I don't have the 'tags' option.