You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

When They See Us

Just blasted thrrough this Netflix 4 parter which tells the true story of the Central Park 5 and their wrongful conviction of the rape and attempted murder of a lady jogger back in 1989. All I can say is wow, because When They See Us is one of the mosy powerful  and moving drama docs I've ever seen.

The direction and (especially) the acting, from the mostly unheard of emseble is incredible.

Absolutely must see  television. Incredibly moving stuff.

10/10

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

One Punch Man. 

Japanese anime based on a manga, I'm only a few episodes in but it's completely batshit insane.

About a superhero that's so overpowered that he kills off any baddies with one punch, and becomes extremely bored and depressed because nothing challenges him. 

9/10 for me, its on Netflix and the episodes are only about 20 minutes long so it's definitely worth a quick look if you're vaguely interested in that sort of thing. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Aventus said:

One Punch Man. 

Japanese anime based on a manga, I'm only a few episodes in but it's completely batshit insane.

About a superhero that's so overpowered that he kills off any baddies with one punch, and becomes extremely bored and depressed because nothing challenges him. 

9/10 for me, its on Netflix and the episodes are only about 20 minutes long so it's definitely worth a quick look if you're vaguely interested in that sort of thing. 

Does he punch any police horses?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Yup, sensational tv Barry. What's the Oprah thing you're on about though mate?

It's like a chat she's done with the director, the key actors for half the show and then the other half is with the 5. It lasts an hour. It came on right after episode 4, I think it was called something like "when they see us now/today". It was powerful stuff, both from the people involved with the film, but clearly more so from the 5 themselves. 

• Upvote 1

When They See Us - 9.5/10. 

Heartbreaking. The interrogation scenes were fucking hard to watch but the last one was brutal to watch. Poor fucking fellas. Surprised there hasn't been more riots over there after that has been aired. Good few digs at Donald Trump in it as well. 

Powerful, moving and brilliantly acted. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Stranger things 3 is now available on Netflix, 8 episodes. I shall be diving into that this evening and finishing it off tomorrow. 

17 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Stranger things 3 is now available on Netflix, 8 episodes. I shall be diving into that this evening and finishing it off tomorrow. 

Yeah, going to make a start on that later.

Have you not seen Dark?

Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah, going to make a start on that later.

Have you not seen Dark?

Not yet mucka, it's actually next on my list I'm working through. (obviously after Stranger Things has been binged) 

Just finished Into the Badlands. Kind of relies on the martial arts fight scenes which get a bit boring as they seek various ways to stage the fights. The overall acting is not great, some of the baddies are just ridiculous plus they just swing to and fro between hating them and then, hang on, they're good now. Nick Frost added a bit of humour and there are quite a few fit birds in it, no naked stuff unfortunately. 

Overall a decent enough 6.5/10 swords. 

16 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Not yet mucka, it's actually next on my list I'm working through. (obviously after Stranger Things has been binged) 

Just finished Into the Badlands. Kind of relies on the martial arts fight scenes which get a bit boring as they seek various ways to stage the fights. The overall acting is not great, some of the baddies are just ridiculous plus they just swing to and fro between hating them and then, hang on, they're good now. Nick Frost added a bit of humour and there are quite a few fit birds in it, no naked stuff unfortunately. 

Overall a decent enough 6.5/10 swords. 

Dark is brilliant mate, a complete head fuck but in a good way.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Sounds good, It's a German production so I'll probably watch it in the original German language. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah I watch it subtitled, dubbing is wank.

Thankfully I won't need subtitles. I always find subtitles annoy me in general. They don't leave them up long enough at times and you tend to miss certain things due to reading and trying to watch at the same time. Works Ok on a small screen like the PC monitor whilst you are sat close up, but less so on the Large TV sat a few metres away. 

On 04/07/2019 at 08:41, VladimirIlyich said:

Gomorrah series 4.

Just onto last episode and its probably the weakest series of the lot. Hoping for a big twist in the tail to at least raise the standard.

No real surprises at the end. Disappointing series all told. Probably 6.5 or 7/10.

Too Old to Die Young

I'm only one episode in, but I've already started looking at my phone and fast forwarding scenes. Massively self indulgent from Nicholas Winding Refn, the long pauses and pointlessly extended shots are interminable; proper pompous film student levels of bollocks, all style over substance. Still, it looks the business, and the plot might keep me interested, so I'll brave another episode.

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Too Old to Die Young

I'm only one episode in, but I've already started looking at my phone and fast forwarding scenes. Massively self indulgent from Nicholas Winding Refn, the long pauses and pointlessly extended shots are interminable; proper pompous film student levels of bollocks, all style over substance. Still, it looks the business, and the plot might keep me interested, so I'll brave another episode.

Hmm , started off slowly , picked up pace and then went a bit odd . 6/10 for me 

Guest Pistonbroke
On 04/07/2019 at 10:57, Elite said:

Just watched the first 4 episodes of S1 and I'm kinda hooked already. Great storytelling so far and I have a feeling things are just about to get better. I'll obviously rate it after I've finished the first series. 

On 28/06/2019 at 18:04, Aventus said:

One Punch Man. 

Just decided to give this a go based on reading this. Really enjoying it, daft as fuck and quite clever.