You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 16/06/2019 at 15:44, Anubis said:

Three episodes into Swamp Thing. No drop off in quality. They’ve  started to introduce the supernatural aspects into the mix. On the basis of what I’ve seen so far, WB are making a mistake cancelling it and not getting it out to as large an audience as possible.

Got to agree. They fucked up the film universe by producing dreck and they're fucking up the TV shows by not pushing them or cancelling them. This and Doom Patrol are ace yet they've probably not been seen by a wider audience as they deserve.

Plus Jennifer Beals has still got it, near 35 years after Flashdance whilst dressed as a dowdy sheriff.

Guest Pistonbroke

Started watching 'Into the badlands' last night. I'm only two episodes in but already thinking of binning it. Does it get better? Or does it carry on in the same vein, just relying on the fight scenes?  

On 22/06/2019 at 10:32, sir roger said:

Did anybody watch Years and Years recently with Emma Thomson and was it worth a watch ?

Not really.

First episode was excellent but then it got progressively sillier and more implausible. It's a shame, because there were some good ideas in it that better scriptwriters  (with more episodes?) could have done something with.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Have you watched all of season one? I won't give anything away but at first I was intrigued but by the end I hated it.

Felt exactly the same, cheated and angry by the incredible, jaw droppingly insulting "finale". Honestly felt like booting my telly in.

Series 2 could be GOT and Breaking Bad rolled into one but I refuse to watch simply on a matter a principle. The cunts responsible for that program better steer clear of me or I'll happily boot them, all of them, all over the fucking shop.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, DimReaper said:

Finished What We Do in the Shadows - pretty good though the joke definitely started wearing a bit thin near the end. Too many episodes but overall I liked it. 7/10

I enjoyed it, but having watched the film again recently too, there is no comparison. The film is hilarious.

Deffo got a massive crush on Natasia Demetriou though. 

image.jpeg.652f97f831c251d6f58c5ced50bd2a30.jpeg

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

What’s that about then, mate? Not even heard of it. 

It’s a Netflix documentary series about a political corruption scandal in Brazil. It’s all in Portuguese so it’s subtitled but don’t let that put you off. I’m not gonna post any spoilers but what I will say is it’s a fucking crazy story.  

• Upvote 1

Just finished watching Deadwood and absolutely loved it. Choc full of wonderfully colourful characters, amoral and frequently hilarious.

All Swearengen is an all time great character but my favourite had to be Richardson, the insane tramp come pot washer from the hotel. His scenes with his boss EB Farnum regularly had me in stitches.

Tomorrow I'll crack on with the movie.

The one and only downer I had on Deadwood was the inclusion of that shit acting cocksucker Timothy Oliphant, who was as wooden and expressionless as he's been in every single other thing I've ever seen him in.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Just finished watching Deadwood and absolutely loved it. Choc full of wonderfully colourful characters, amoral and frequently hilarious.

All Swearengen is an all time great character but my favourite had to be Richardson, the insane tramp come pot washer from the hotel. His scenes with his boss EB Farnum regularly had me in stitches.

Tomorrow I'll crack on with the movie.

The one and only downer I had on Deadwood was the inclusion of that shit acting cocksucker Timothy Oliphant, who was as wooden and expressionless as he's been in every single other thing I've ever seen him in.

Agree about everything except Olyphant, he's great in Deadwood/Justified. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

What’s that about then, mate? Not even heard of it. 

I did mention it earlier in the thread and compared it to a Brazilian version of The Jinx. Worth a watch,imo.

The Confession Tapes Series 2.

Its no wonder a good deal of the US prison population seem to be wrongly imprisoned. Some of the dumbest law enforcement people on the planet. Especially Sheriffs.

On 24/06/2019 at 19:34, Sugar Ape said:

City on a hill. New Showtime programme created by Ben Affleck, set in Boston in the early 90s with a DA and an FBI agent trying to take down some armoured robbers. Very good start and a good cast with Kevin Bacon and Jonathan Tucker. 8/10 so far. 

Seen the first two episodes and this looks like a potentially very good series. There are echoes of The Town, but that was a good film in my opinion so nothing wrong with that.Directed by Affleck and Matt Damon so it has the credentials.

15 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Bloodline.... Fuck me. First series was brilliant now I'm on the second to last episode and it has gone fucking ridiculous. Finishing it because it will do my head in not to but what a disappointing end (so far) 

I loved the first season but didn't get past the first episode of season 2, just couldn't get back into it.

• Upvote 2