You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

15 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Dark S2 Ep1 It's back and as mind-bendingly bonkers as the first season. Watch the recap of S1 to try and remember where it got to first time around. 

I watched the first episode of S1 a while back but because I usually watch TV in bed and fall asleep, the fact it was subtitled meant I put it off until another time because I found myself battling to keep my eyes open and rewinding it every time I nodded off and missed a line. 

That said, the last couple of nights I’ve started watching Killer Ratings on Netflix which is all subtitled anyway and I’m really enjoying it. I’m three episodes in. Vlad gave it 8/10 a few pages back and it’s hard to disagree with that so far. Brazil is an absolutely mental place. I suppose you could say the same about the whole of South America. 

I need to to get back onto Dark. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Knightfall on Netflix. ( watched 5 episodes out of the 18) 

Basically about the final years of Knight Templar, now in France and searching for the Holy Grail. 

Not great, but worth a watch if you like this sort of stuff. 6/10. 

Watching Six Feet Under again, on S2 now,  9/10 (10/10 when it came out)

Not quite as sharp and clever as I remember it, but still better than 90 percent of stuff around now. Goes straight into the title race in the my-old-favourites-that-aged-best league, with Northern Exposure still the race favourite (current enjoyment weighted against age). Twin Peaks drops to mid-table, Dead Like Me in a hopeless relegation battle, about to sack the show runner.  

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Not quite as sharp and clever as I remember it, but still better than 90 percent of stuff around now. Goes straight into the title race in the my-old-favourites-that-aged-best league, with Northern Exposure still the race favourite (current enjoyment weighted against age). Twin Peaks drops to mid-table, Dead Like Me in a hopeless relegation battle, about to sack the show runner.  

When GOT finished I started on 6FU and Deadwood at the same time. Watched the first 4 episodes of 6FU and it barely raised a smile. With Deadwood it's been belly laughs all the way.

Will defo return to it though once Deadwood is finished.

Guest Pistonbroke

I've just made a list of stuff I want to watch on Netflix/Prime. 20 series noted. That's me sorted for the foreseeable, plus a few new series's of on-going stuff soon to be released. Stranger Things being one of them (4th of July I believe). Vikings series 6 out this autumn. The 4th Series of The Last Kingdom should also be released this autumn. Ozark Series 3. The Witcher, which should be good. Narcos Mexico series 2. I'm probably sorted until 2020. 

16 hours ago, skend04 said:

Dark S2 Ep1 It's back and as mind-bendingly bonkers as the first season. Watch the recap of S1 to try and remember where it got to first time around. 

First series was immense. Looking forward to watching it, is it just the one episode available this far?

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

Yeah, it’s a great show. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

When GOT finished I started on 6FU and Deadwood at the same time. Watched the first 4 episodes of 6FU and it barely raised a smile. With Deadwood it's been belly laughs all the way.

Will defo return to it though once Deadwood is finished.

Yes, I though at first watching the first half of S1, this has not aged well, but it's a type of narration that is in no hurry to impress you, it wins you over slowly, building  great characters and pacing itself to meaningful scenes and great lines of dialogue, rather than feeling obligated to deliver zingers all the time.  Even the basic set-up of taking place in a funeral home and around family of undertakers  and dead people is not overused to make it quirky just to be quirky.

It's really not, I don't know, ostentatious in any way, I may be stretching the comparison here but it's a bit like some slow-burning classic Scandinavian or Japanese drama you thought you'd never going to like and you are watching because your date has pretentious taste but surprisingly find yourself getting it after a while.  

After Six Feet I'll be most likely watching Deadwood again next because of the film, so we can compare notes.

• Upvote 1

On 19/06/2019 at 17:50, skend04 said:

When They See Us. One of the hardest things I've watched in a long while. Had to take a few days inbetween watching each episode, especially that first episode. 9/10

I watched the 1st episode and enjoyed it but haven't really fancied going back to it, I think it was about 2 weeks ago I watched the 1st. I'm part through Chernobyl too, so maybe it's all a bit too dark and real. 

City on a hill. New Showtime programme created by Ben Affleck, set in Boston in the early 90s with a DA and an FBI agent trying to take down some armoured robbers. Very good start and a good cast with Kevin Bacon and Jonathan Tucker. 8/10 so far. 

On 23/06/2019 at 13:19, Dougie Do'ins said:

Year of The Rabbit. 10/10

Los's of swearing and lot's of good old detective capers with Matt Berry leading the fight on crime, set in London's Victorian era East End.  

Aye, absolutely brilliant.