You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Started Bloodline on Netflix last night. Only watched 2 episodes but its looks ok so far. Its about a well off and well respected family who live on the Florida keys but clearly have lots of heavy baggage from events in the past which haven't really come to light yet.  

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Started Bloodline on Netflix last night. Only watched 2 episodes but its looks ok so far. Its about a well off and well respected family who live on the Florida keys but clearly have lots of heavy baggage from events in the past which haven't really come to light yet.  

First season is great, Ben Mendhelson was brilliant in it.

2 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

First season is great, Ben Mendhelson was brilliant in it.

Yes. I was trying to work out what I knew him from. He played the Dad in starred-up. had to look at his IMDB. Brilliant actor in this so far. 

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Just watched the first episode of 6FU, was okay in a 6/10 sorta way. Will persevere.

It's one of my favourite ever shows but it's not aged well.

Deadwood would be a better choice as it's aged quite well but getting links on Kodi can be a cunt even with RD. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Just watched the first episode of 6FU, was okay in a 6/10 sorta way. Will persevere.

Sfu was brilliant from start to finish, take on board comments about it maybe not ageing well but I will watch it all again at some point as I watched it from when it aired on Channel 4.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

You are pretty late to this party. Its a decent series,a cut above most. I particularly enjoyed Linda Cardelini too.

Really enjoying - if that’s the right word - Chernobyl. Impressed with the use of white noise to create a really unsettling and eerie tone. 

On on another note, watched some of the first episode of Doom Patrol. I don’t know quite what to think. Worth sticking it out?

52 minutes ago, Alan Sex said:

On on another note, watched some of the first episode of Doom Patrol. I don’t know quite what to think. Worth sticking it out?

It's bonkers and not what you'd expect from a superhero show. I think it's great.

On 30/05/2019 at 12:00, VladimirIlyich said:

You are pretty late to this party. Its a decent series,a cut above most. I particularly enjoyed Linda Cardelini too.

Watched the 3rd one last night. Getting better. The sister is a minx 

• Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Watched the first three episodes of Good Omens tonight.  Sorely tempted to just blast through the lot, it's that good. 

I’m just about to start the third episode now. Huge fan of the book so I was always going to like this, but I think that people who haven’t read the books will miss out on quite a lot of the in-jokes.

8/10 so far. 

Binged Good Omens up to the last episode- I started off relieved it wasn't shit, and ended up seriously impressed. As Sugar Ape says, some of the jokes will be lost on people who haven't read the book, but otherwise it's an absolute treat, and I have read the book several times, so fuck 'em.

I was initially worried it was going to be massively padded out but it really isn't, and even the bits that aren't in the book are enjoyable, like the half hour of historical recaps in episode 3 (I think?). It's very well cast, aside from Anathema who is far hotter than the book suggests...

8.5/10

When they see us, true life mini series on Netflix. 

A group of boys go out into Central Park and are framed for a vicious rape they didn't do. Police interviews are in a similar vein to how Brendan Dassey was set up in Making a murderer 

To be honest, I'd never heard of the "Central Park 5" and given the huge miscarriage of justice, thought it would've made the news here. 

Really enjoyed it and blasted through it in one sitting. 8/10

Really felt sorry for the kids and want to see some justice against the wankers that bullied them for over 40 hours just so they could close a case. 

1 hour ago, Sweeney287 said:

A group of boys go out into Central Park and are framed for a vicious rape they didn't do. Police interviews are in a similar vein to how Brendan Dassey was set up in Making a murderer 

To be honest, I'd never heard of the "Central Park 5" and given the huge miscarriage of justice, thought it would've made the news here. 

Really felt sorry for the kids and want to see some justice against the wankers that bullied them for over 40 hours just so they could close a case. 

How many episodes? I don't mind a couple of episodes but can't be arsed when it drag it out over 8+ episodes.

Guest Pistonbroke

I finally got around to watching 'The Sopranno's' 

10/10. Excellent TV, especially when you look at the release dates. That one episode where Pauli and Chris were in the Woods with the Russian bloke who they thought was dead was TV excellence. I literally pissed myself laughing. 

On 01/06/2019 at 12:26, Sweeney287 said:

I have tried to watch it but having seen the documentary,The Central Park Five,I know it wont be anywhere as good. Also,I hate Felicity Huffman and she's in it.