You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 20:08, Captain Turdseye said:

Is it just me that thought Chernobyl was Zlatan then? Absolute shite. 

To be fair you are from Runcorn. It's probably like watching a programme about a tropical paradise to you.

• Upvote 3

Bosch season five. 

Great acting and production values, just felt the underlying mystery was a bit weak this time around, however it looks to have set up season six to be a corker. 7.5/10. 

Barry season two.

Kicked it up a level this year. Definitely better than a 7.5/10. Episode five - no spoilers - is one of the best episodes of TV I’ve watched this year. Absolutely superb and currently holds a 9.8/10 rating on IMDB. Great stuff. 8.5/10 for the season as a whole. Could have used a bit more NoHo Hank.

3 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Bosch season five. 

Great acting and production values, just felt the underlying mystery was a bit weak this time around, however it looks to have set up season six to be a corker. 7.5/10. 

That's about right. It's nothing special but an easy watch.

• Upvote 1

On 23/05/2019 at 10:53, Sugar Ape said:

Anyone watched Catch-22 yet?

Catch-22 Is my favourite book ever and I never felt that the movie did it justice.

I've only watched 3 episodes of 6, so far, but I think it's excellent. It's staying really faithful to the book while exploring the idea that Yossarian, as great a literary character he is, would actually be insufferable in person. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elite said:

That's about right. It's nothing special but an easy watch.

Agreed.

I don't think Bosch has had a bad episode in the last 4 years. Always a solid 7/10 that you enjoy for a few days a year, completely forget about, then do the same thing the next year.

I woukd echo the praise of Barry. I think it's an 8.8/10. The way shoot their violent scenes is remarkable and their pitch black humour makes it a show that always provides big laughs.

Would also add that I think folks on here would really love Brockmire. It's essentially a live action version of Bojack Horseman. 3 seasons of between 6-8 episodes and I woukd give it an 8.6, so far. It's very good.

Billions

Consistently excellent, consistenntly laugh our loud funny, the writing is great and this season has been top drawer...BUT ! Wendy fucking Rhoades, I loathe that popous, self-aggrandising, arrogant, bitch cunt cow bitch.

I wish Chuck would divorce her, Axe would sack her, and Taylor will strip her of her medical licence. If Wags could then take a run up and boot her in the fanny, well shit happens I suppose.

Maggie fucking Siff, hated the cunt in Sons Of Anarchy too. I wouldn't even stoop so low as to slap her round the face with my cock.

Not a fan..

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Elite said:

Did anyone watch Warrior?

I want the esteemed members of here to give the go ahead.

@Numero Veinticinco @Sugar Ape @Carvalho Diablo

I've been waiting for it to end so I can watch it in one go. My dad (who loves Banshee) has been watching it weekly though and says it's very good. I've seen a couple of fight scenes from it and they look top notch.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I've been waiting for it to end so I can watch it in one go. My dad (who loves Banshee) has been watching it weekly though and says it's very good. I've seen a couple of fight scenes from it and they look top notch.

I'm really hoping it's like Banshee, not arsed if it's a full on rip-off as long as it's good.

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'm really hoping it like Banshee, not arsed if it's a full on rip-off as long as it's good.

It’s got Job off Banshee in it so that’s a good start. Only thing I’ve thought when watching clips is that it looks a bit dark, but think that’s to do with it taking place in 1870s San Francisco.

13 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

It’s got Job off Banshee in it so that’s a good start. Only thing I’ve thought when watching clips is that it looks a bit dark, but think that’s to do with it taking place in 1870s San Francisco.

It has about 8.4 on IMDB which is usually a good barometer.