You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The Expanse - Season 3. 10/10

Took me a while but I finally got around to binge watching it today. Bloody brilliant. A series that’s gotten better with each season. Looking forward to Season 4 which has wrapped and should be released later this year.

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Rewatching Breaking Bad for the first time since it ended 5 years ago and its still very good,but god that Skylar character is one horrible bitch and I'm still confused how Walt wanted to stay with her.

Maybe because she was the only woman in the world who made tea in the way he liked? After all, he was a Chemistry teacher so how he has his tea made is probably right.

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Rewatching Breaking Bad for the first time since it ended 5 years ago and its still very good,but god that Skylar character is one horrible bitch and I'm still confused how Walt wanted to stay with her.

Aye, posted a couple of pages ago that I’ve been doing the same. I’m up to the second half of series 5, which was basically series 6 if I remember rightly. One of the great shows of course but it definitely peaked with 3 and 4. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Aye, posted a couple of pages ago that I’ve been doing the same. I’m up to the second half of series 5, which was basically series 6 if I remember rightly. One of the great shows of course but it definitely peaked with 3 and 4. 

I never got around to watching the fifth series. I kept meaning to do so, but the end of series four just felt like a natural conclusion in so many ways. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Up to series 3 about half way through. It took off towards the end of series 2 with the introductions of Saul Goodman and Gus Fring. And Mike showed up in series 3 too.

Started a couple of things on Netflix, Chambers and Dead to Me. I found episode 1 of Chambers a little slow. I like the premise (a young woman gets a heart transplant and weird shit starts happening to her), but the story doesn't feel like it's getting going. Dead to me started well, it's about a girl who's fella got killed in a hit and run and she's befriended by this weird girl at her 1st group counceling session. 

After 1 episode 5.5/10 for Chambers, 7.5/10 for dead to me.

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Having persevered to the end, Chambers doesn't get much better. Quite like Dead to me though.

I find with nearly all of these Netflix shows, if they don't work for you in episode one, they don't get any better. I don't know if they don't do pilots in the same way the network TV channels do, so a show is signed up on the initial premise and script, but I really think the future of the show is set in the opening episode. I find quite often with the stuff off network TV, they can change quite dramatically after the pilot and I believe a lot of the pilots are remade. 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

I find with nearly all of these Netflix shows, if they don't work for you in episode one, they don't get any better. I don't know if they don't do pilots in the same way the network TV channels do, so a show is signed up on the initial premise and script, but I really think the future of the show is set in the opening episode. I find quite often with the stuff off network TV, they can change quite dramatically after the pilot and I believe a lot of the pilots are remade. 

I often stop watching Netflix stuff after a few episodes so you probably have a good point. Like I've said before though I mostly watch foreign stuff on netflix as it has more depth.

On 04/05/2019 at 23:38, Numero Veinticinco said:

Billions. It’s a quality show. 

I loved series 1, fell off with series 2 and then felt that series 3 disappeared up its own arse trying to be overly clever and intricate.

49 minutes ago, belarus said:

I loved series 1, fell off with series 2 and then felt that series 3 disappeared up its own arse trying to be overly clever and intricate.

I would say season 4 is almost hitting the heights of season 1. I wouldn't say season 3 was as bad as you say, but i did wonder where they'd go from there, but I think it's been really enjoyable. 

I watched the first episode of Daisy Haggard's "Back to Life" today.  It's a comedy/drama about a woman who has been in prison for 18 years for murder (no details yet; only hinted at) and how she has to readjust to normal life on the outside.

So far, so good.

Actually, if you can't be arsed with the whole series, I'd recommend the first episode, because it stands up as a one-off.