You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

19 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

4 episodes into this new series of Billions and damn, it's fucking ace so far.

Self righteous bitch Wendy with a face like a slapped arse, and Malkovic telling Axe, "Url bets are oeuf".

I reckon it's the best season so far based on the opening 4. So much has happened so far too. 

27 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Enjoying the new season of Barry. Carried on right where it left off in the last season. It's not the greatest thing ever, just really easy to watch and enjoyable. 8/10 for me so far. 

Just going to start that second series on your reminder. Series 1 was very good.

• Upvote 1

On 09/04/2019 at 13:04, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Had never seen a single episode of Fleabag. Watched both series back to back last night and this morning.

Absolutely sublime, fresh, era-changing stuff. Fucking hell.

”But women aren’t funny though.”

One of the, well, two really, things that stands out for me are the number of really good characters and their casting.

Bill Paterson was great as the father but he's usually great anyway but much as I'm not Olivia Colman's biggest fan she was perfect as the gloriously appalling godmother. And Andrew Scott! I thought he was so underwhelming in Sherlock but well, I'm a bit in love with him too now

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Champ said:

One of the, well, two really, things that stands out for me are the number of really good characters and their casting.

Bill Paterson was great as the father but he's usually great anyway but much as I'm not Olivia Colman's biggest fan she was perfect as the gloriously appalling godmother. And Andrew Scott! I thought he was so underwhelming in Sherlock but well, I'm a bit in love with him too now

Bill Paterson has been one of my favourite actors since I was a kid. Inspired bit of casting. Agree on Coleman as well.

Just a perfect bit of television, including the decision to end it now, much as I’d love to see more.

• Upvote 1

Fleabag is genuinely one of the best things I've seen in years. Writing, characters, performances, dialogue, everything. It's fucking great and laugh out loud funny, too. I've seen some "Season 1 was better" chat, but I think this last series has been complete genius.

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

Fleabag is genuinely one of the best things I've seen in years. Writing, characters, performances, dialogue, everything. It's fucking great and laugh out loud funny, too. I've seen some "Season 1 was better" chat, but I think this last series has been complete genius.

I binged the first series before watching the second in real time. I loved the first but just have the feeling that the second was a bit tighter somehow. I almost never rewatch stuff but I think I'm going to have to go back and do it all again just to be sure

Ugly Delicious on Netflix. Dave Chang, the American-Korean chef, looks at a US iconic food stuff (pizza, fried chicken, BBQ, etc) each episode and examines its history and culture, high end and low end versions, twists - usually with other cooking influences - and even the politics behind it (eg, the negative associations between African Americans and fried chicken). It’s brilliant. Quite unlike any other good show I’ve seen. 

On 29/04/2018 at 21:32, Captain Turdseye said:

Anyone else into Deadliest Catch? It’s repetitive as fuck but I just can’t get enough of it. New series started the other week.

On 29/04/2018 at 21:59, Captain Turdseye said:

Aye, like I said, repetitive as fuck. Even during each episode they’ll show the same scene two or three times, what with the ‘after the break’ stuff and all that.

It’s a show I genuinely look forward to every year though. It’s kind of like a reality soap opera for me in the sense that I just like to see how they’re all getting on.

It’s that time of year again. 

Repetitive as fuck it is. 

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Watched the first episode of that Warrior thing. Looks like a graphic novel so not one for me really. I also laughed at some of it because the accents and acting are not the greatest. The women though,wowee!(Eyes on stalks.)

Did you watch Banshee? I've not seen Warrior yet but am hoping it's similar.

The Yorkshire Ripper Files: A Very British Crime Story - BBC4. 

Apart from the pretty crummy show title, this was excellent (well, the first part i've only watched). Shines a light on attitudes towards working class women in the 1970s and our favourite upholders of the law the West Yorkshire Police. They were a gang of cunts - who would have guessed?

Anyway, really good interviews with those involved (reporters, pathologist) and surviving victims of Sutcliffe (who, guess what, were ignored by WYP). Looking forward to the next episode (as much as you can look forward to a documentary about a serial killer). 

Documentaries involving 1970s Britain fascinate me. Must be cos i was only around for 5 months at the tail end of the decade. 

• Upvote 2