You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Trapped. BBC 4

Second series of the Icelandic crime drama, like the first series it's a bit slow as it's over 10 episodes but I kind of enjoy that rather than a murder every half hour.

Must admit though I'd always fancied a trip to Iceland but I don't think I've seen a show with so many ugly people in it so might give it a swerve

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 19:08, skend04 said:

Anybody watching Doom Patrol? It's bonkers in a good way.

Yep it is good fun. I am bored witless of Superhero movies and series. I don't watch the ones on Netflix etc but this is good fun. I loved the Oracle this week

Yep it is good fun. I am bored witless of Superhero movies and series. I don't watch the ones on Netflix etc but this is good fun. I loved the Oracle this week

6 minutes ago, redheart said:

5 minutes ago, redheart said:

At least your opinions are consistent, if a little repetitive. 

Watched the new season of True Detective, for the first six of the eight episodes I thought it was very good. Bit slow but some creepy bits and building a good story.

The ending though. Maybe the worst ending to a programme I’ve seen. Fucking shite. 4/10 in total.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Watched the new season of True Detective, for the first six of the eight episodes I thought it was very good. Bit slow but some creepy bits and building a good story.

The ending though. Maybe the worst ending to a programme I’ve seen. Fucking shite. 4/10 in total.

Yeah, it started well but faded into a bit of a mess.

American God's season 2 has started, I enjoyed the first series despite it being far from perfect.

23 hours ago, Champ said:

I was trying to be non judgmental 

Or with an ‘e’ do you think?

I made my mind up he’s a calculating, superior, insincere little worm within the first couple of things out of his gob. Especially that risible shite about not knowing whether or not she was drunk; the equivalent of not saying sorry when you’ve shunted into the back of someone’s car so you haven’t given away any liability. Had obviously been drilled on that by his lawyer, and it straight away tells you the kind of individual someone is, in my opinion.

However, even more so than usual with Theroux’s give ‘em enough rope style, I just about kept an open mind that it’s possible he may have unwittingly cast himself as a rapist partially through the absence of his alleged victim in the same film (which of course is her right/perfectly understandable, and has itself created a necessary conversation on representation and whether it’s ethical/tone deaf for such a story to be told from the male’s perspective in this day and age).

All I mean by that, is in the unlikely event she also came across as terrible and unsympathetic a character as he did (which I’m not saying she would, but it’s always feasible and we’ll never know) some of the viewers of that documentary who consider him an unconvicted rapist may reconsider their view back towards he seemed a deeply unpleasant and concerning individual, but is potentially no more than that.

I wouldn’t want to say he possibly suffered through both sides not being heard, because he seemed like an absolutely reprehensible cunt to me. He’s the sort of person you ideally want advocating for himself; no idea how badly he overplays his hand while thinking he’s gaming everyone, which is helpfully instructive. On the other hand, it’s possible his own ‘testimony’ was far more damning of him than anyone else’s could be. Obviously all only in terms of public opinion, because the case legally wasn’t compelling enough for a conviction.

Interesting documentary. An issue much in need of focus too. God knows how many girls have had it happen to them with little to no justice.

38 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Er, yeah, errrr, 8/10.

TLDR: What if he’s an appalling turd but not a rapist.

Bad career move from him to appear on the documentary if so. 

There’s something about the way many young Americans speak, and I include him in that, that kind of creaky voiced, dead eyed, expressionless features, that I find very difficult to read. So when that was how he came across I didn’t want to condemn him immediately and I have to say the cctv footage seemed to support his  testimony that she had been drinking but was not drunk. And you’re right, it was uncomfortable that we never saw the woman or anyone who could speak for her but the evidence provided by his former supporter did for him in the end.

And then just as women’s voices seem to be reaching the mainstream there is Trump acting to restrict the powers of the universities to hold such men’s actions to account. Really chilling

• Upvote 1

Happy!

Netflix (originally SyFy) series based on the comics by Grant Morrison, starring Christopher Meloni. A disgraced ex-cop turned hitman teams up with his kidnapped daughter's imaginary friend - a blue unicorn - to find her.

As expected for something with Morrison's fingerprints all over it, it's batshit insane. Violent, darkly humorous and intentionally cartoonish in its style. Has some cracking film references and tunes.

I really enjoyed it - 8/10

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Love, death and Robots. Not going to rate it just now as I have only watched two episodes of it but wow Netflix, what the fuck is this? Love it so far.

Just googled that, has a lot of great feedback.

21 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

I made my mind up he’s a calculating, superior, insincere little worm within the first couple of things out of his gob. Especially that risible shite about not knowing whether or not she was drunk; the equivalent of not saying sorry when you’ve shunted into the back of someone’s car so you haven’t given away any liability. Had obviously been drilled on that by his lawyer, and it straight away tells you the kind of individual someone is, in my opinion.

However, even more so than usual with Theroux’s give ‘em enough rope style, I just about kept an open mind that it’s possible he may have unwittingly cast himself as a rapist partially through the absence of his alleged victim in the same film (which of course is her right/perfectly understandable, and has itself created a necessary conversation on representation and whether it’s ethical/tone deaf for such a story to be told from the male’s perspective in this day and age).

All I mean by that, is in the unlikely event she also came across as terrible and unsympathetic a character as he did (which I’m not saying she would, but it’s always feasible and we’ll never know) some of the viewers of that documentary who consider him an unconvicted rapist may reconsider their view back towards he seemed a deeply unpleasant and concerning individual, but is potentially no more than that.

I wouldn’t want to say he possibly suffered through both sides not being heard, because he seemed like an absolutely reprehensible cunt to me. He’s the sort of person you ideally want advocating for himself; no idea how badly he overplays his hand while thinking he’s gaming everyone, which is helpfully instructive. On the other hand, it’s possible his own ‘testimony’ was far more damning of him than anyone else’s could be. Obviously all only in terms of public opinion, because the case legally wasn’t compelling enough for a conviction.

Interesting documentary. An issue much in need of focus too. God knows how many girls have had it happen to them with little to no justice.

Spoiler alert.

45 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I have now watched about 7 episode, as it's an anthology of animated shorts some are only 10 minutes long. Don't let the word animation put anyone off, there are some you can hardly tell. Oh, and it's definitely not for kids.

8.5/10 so far.

Well worth the price Netflix, I know there's a lot of shit but they are constantly adding content all genres and it has loads of stuff for kids.

13 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Happy!

Netflix (originally SyFy) series based on the comics by Grant Morrison, starring Christopher Meloni. A disgraced ex-cop turned hitman teams up with his kidnapped daughter's imaginary friend - a blue unicorn - to find her.

As expected for something with Morrison's fingerprints all over it, it's batshit insane. Violent, darkly humorous and intentionally cartoonish in its style. Has some cracking film references and tunes.

I really enjoyed it - 8/10

Really enjoyed Happy! Wasn't sure what to expect but quite funny