You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 2/12/2019 at 8:13 AM, Grinch said:

They've all been cancelled except Punisher which will probably follow.    

Punisher and Jessica Jones both officially cancelled although they'll still air S3 of JJ.

In further disappointing news Counterpart has been cancelled too. The series finale did give the main story arc closure but you could tell that the last few episodes were rushed to tie the show up. It was easily one of the best shows on TV but Starz apparently messed around with its scheduling and people just didn't watch it in the numbers required. There was another season in there for sure but for me it was a 9/10 show. 

6 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Punisher and Jessica Jones both officially cancelled although they'll still air S3 of JJ.

In further disappointing news Counterpart has been cancelled too. The series finale did give the main story arc closure but you could tell that the last few episodes were rushed to tie the show up. It was easily one of the best shows on TV but Starz apparently messed around with its scheduling and people just didn't watch it in the numbers required. There was another season in there for sure but for me it was a 9/10 show. 

Cunts,  got to be to do with Disney own streaming channel.   No way they choose to cancel Daredevil and Punisher. 

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

Cunts,  got to be to do with Disney own streaming channel.   No way they choose to cancel Daredevil and Punisher. 

https://www.businessinsider.sg/netflix-cancels-marvel-tv-shows-the-punisher-and-jessica-jones-2019-2/

"Data from analytics company Jumpshot showed that viewership for “The Punisher” season two dropped 40% in its first weekend of release last month compared to 2017’s first season."

On 2/15/2019 at 2:40 PM, manwiththestick said:

Umbrella Academy. Episode one, good start so far. Looking forward to watching some more later.

Looks decent, it's got a bit of a different feel to it than other things I've seen. Funnily enough it was inspired by Doom Patrol, which was released on the same day. I'm interested to know how they compare. 

26 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Looks decent, it's got a bit of a different feel to it than other things I've seen. Funnily enough it was inspired by Doom Patrol, which was released on the same day. I'm interested to know how they compare. 

I'm 5 episodes in and really like it. It starts quite slow but it's now starting to develop nicely.

Waiting for a few more of you to watch Umbrella Ella Ella Academy for me to decide if it’s worth putting the time into. 

What age age kids would it be suitable for? Might watch it with the 9 year old if it’s not too racy. 

Into to the latest episode of True Detective. I thought it started fairly well, but seems to have been spinning its wheels for the last 3 episodes. Waiting for something to liven it up. 

2 time periods would have been ok, but jumping between 3 eras is trying. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Alan Sex said:

Waiting for a few more of you to watch Umbrella Ella Ella Academy for me to decide if it’s worth putting the time into. 

What age age kids would it be suitable for? Might watch it with the 9 year old if it’s not too racy. 

Into to the latest episode of True Detective. I thought it started fairly well, but seems to have been spinning its wheels for the last 3 episodes. Waiting for something to liven it up. 

Exactly my point Mr Sex. Well put,and I know its not the first time somebody has said that to you!

On 2/17/2019 at 9:27 AM, Paulie Dangerously said:

Anyone watching Nightflyers on Netflix? 

It's like someone took the best bits of every "alone in space" film ever made and tried to stuff them into a 10 episode series. It's very entertaining if a little muddled at times. Almost like each episode could almost be a standalone mini film of extended a bit. 

2 episodes left. Looking forward to how it ends. 

Yep, I think I'm on about episode 7 or 8 too.

There are so many ideas thrown in there, and too little time to explore any of them in depth. Yet, I like it; it's a comfortable genre watch, that isn't reinventing the wheel, but does enough to keep me interested. It also helps that there's a real sense that anything could happen as some moments are batshit insane. I certainly wasn't expecting the bit with the baby.

There's some hammy acting in places, but the girl who plays the hacker will clearly go on to bigger things.

14 hours ago, Alan Sex said:

I watched the first episode last week when it came on Netflix, deemed it would suitable for my 9 year old despite some minor swearing so let him watch that episode.  However having watched a few more episodes on my own I'm thinking perhaps not.

33 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I watched the first episode last week when it came on Netflix, deemed it would suitable for my 9 year old despite some minor swearing so let him watch that episode.  However having watched a few more episodes on my own I'm thinking perhaps not.

Did  he  like Banshee?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Cheers MWS. 

She’s getting into some teen/tween rated stuff, but trying to make it a slow progression!

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Anyone got a decent Netflix series to recommend? Ive seen (and loved) Power, Sons Of Anarchy, Breaking Bad..... Loads more too but thats sort of thing I like. Gritty real shit no superheroes or sic-fi bollocks 

Pretty slim pickings if you’re confined to Netflix. Have you seen Fargo and Homeland?

Godless is very good if you don’t mind a western series. 

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Anyone got a decent Netflix series to recommend? Ive seen (and loved) Power, Sons Of Anarchy, Breaking Bad..... Loads more too but thats sort of thing I like. Gritty real shit no superheroes or sic-fi bollocks 

Halfway through series 1 of The Sinner and it’s been pretty good viewing so far.

I expect the next 3 episodes to be nothing but obligatory filler that could have been crammed into 1 episode with a final episode that has 1 dramatic overlong scene and a twist right before / during the credits. 

• Upvote 1