You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 2/9/2019 at 12:01 PM, Carvalho Diablo said:

I enjoyed Dad Boot mostly, the whole series probably a 7/10.

Where it suffered I think was in the whole Resistance storyline which they clagged on, which ultimately detracted from the gloom, claustrophobia and tension onboard the U boat. Still, a worthy effort.

I'd agree with your assessment there CD. I agree that the resistance part was pretty poor and detracted from the story. I thought there was one standout episode from 8 while the rest were ok but nothing special.

Just to add that I've started a series on Netflix called Unauthorised Living,its Spanish and looks pretty promising from the one episode I've watched. Also Le Burea season 4 is out and about but no English translations that I can find just yet.

On 2/9/2019 at 2:13 PM, Carvalho Diablo said:

Manifest

Flight M370 takes off on a domestic flight but when it touches down,  5 and a half years have gone by. 

Intriguing, the pilot episode was pretty good even if it did go all Field Of Dreams and the acting was shit. 

Worth a few more episodes. 

Sounds intriguing. My problem with stuff like this is it needs a tight story arc, so if it's not a mini series I tend not to bother for fear it'll turn into Lost and disappear up its own arse.

The modern US network system driven by ratings doesn't tend to work well for sci-fi.

26 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Sounds intriguing. My problem with stuff like this is it needs a tight story arc, so if it's not a mini series I tend not to bother for fear it'll turn into Lost and disappear up its own arse.

The modern US network system driven by ratings doesn't tend to work well for sci-fi.

Sounds like that Stephen King mini series,The Langoliers,I think it was called.

26 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Really can't overstate how boss Season 2 of Daredevil is, it's some of the best telly I've ever seen. The Punisher. Electra, The Hand, Yakuzza, aspects of The Wire all thrown in there for good measure. Brilliant stuff.

Season 2 was way too brutal for me, Season 3 is a whole load better. Easily the best of all the Marvel series's produced so far.

On 2/8/2019 at 4:27 PM, iPlop said:

The Grand Tour.

Shit, they should pack it in.

I was a big fan of old Top Gear for all its nonsense. Even the 1st series or 2 of this was OK. Now it is dogshit.

amazon pay them something like $250m to make it for 3 or 4 years didn't they? With that type of money being thrown around, I would guess they'll keep going. I agree it's fucking shite though - I can't quite get how they make it so bad considering it's just top gear. while i didn't love that show, it was pretty watchable. I find grand tour not so and gave up half wat thrugh season 2 and what i did watch was mostly just as background noise as it was getting on my tits. 

On 2/9/2019 at 2:13 PM, Carvalho Diablo said:

Manifest

Flight M370 takes off on a domestic flight but when it touches down,  5 and a half years have gone by. 

Intriguing, the pilot episode was pretty good even if it did go all Field Of Dreams and the acting was shit. 

Worth a few more episodes. 

i am up to date on it. it's kinda ok. i am a bit short of things to watch at the moment, so I have stuck with it, but I don't think I would otherwise. i thought it had loads of potential at the start. 

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Really can't overstate how boss Season 2 of Daredevil is, it's some of the best telly I've ever seen. The Punisher. Electra, The Hand, Yakuzza, aspects of The Wire all thrown in there for good measure. Brilliant stuff.

Elektra alone puts S2 above the others, fuck me that's a beautiful woman. 

• Upvote 1

Season two of Daredevil was by far the best of all the Marvel shows. Season three was pretty boring a lot of the time and spent much too long on his angst. By that point I was long past interested in him sitting there for half the episodes having yet another existential crisis.

• Upvote 1

Halfway through the new Das Boot and its going rapidly downhill. Sadly not a patch on the original and I'm struggling to bother watching the second half.

Unhistorical uboat tactics I can abide, it is a drama afterall and the original was guilty of that too but a token American storyline and a laughable onboard mutiny type story have frankly just got on my moobs. Its ignored everything that made the original brilliant.

5/10 so far, but I think its going to get shitter.

Edit: Yes. The fucking lesbian scene has just made it 4\10 (unless you are Bill Hicks, in which case 10\10 and more of the same please).

8 hours ago, M_B said:

Halfway through the new Das Boot and its going rapidly downhill. Sadly not a patch on the original and I'm struggling to bother watching the second half.

Unhistorical uboat tactics I can abide, it is a drama afterall and the original was guilty of that too but a token American storyline and a laughable onboard mutiny type story have frankly just got on my moobs. Its ignored everything that made the original brilliant.

5/10 so far, but I think its going to get shitter.

Edit: Yes. The fucking lesbian scene has just made it 4\10 (unless you are Bill Hicks, in which case 10\10 and more of the same please).

Good assessment. Very disappointing and why I will watch the original again very soon.

12 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Is El Chapo worth watching?

It's largely passed me by, but I saw the picture of him giving his missus the thumbs up in court, and it's tipping me towards watching it.

_105632157_052288722-1.jpg

Its ok. Don't expect Narcos but its watchable. I had the dubbed version because my stupid Netflix was set to default to English audio.

• Upvote 1

Anyone watching Nightflyers on Netflix? 

It's like someone took the best bits of every "alone in space" film ever made and tried to stuff them into a 10 episode series. It's very entertaining if a little muddled at times. Almost like each episode could almost be a standalone mini film of extended a bit. 

2 episodes left. Looking forward to how it ends.