You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

22 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

Daredevil S3.

Improvement on the previous 2. However it goes from quite dark to 70's Batman and Robin. Just needed Capow Blam etc.

I appreciate its a Marvel so reality is suspended and it's fun.

6.7/10

Retract that statement 

Just watched the first episode of the new Das Boot sequel.

It started badly. The first five minutes were hollywoodesque and it borrowed scenes from the original. I feared the worst.

However the initial scene aside, I thought it was very good. Looking forward to the next episode.

Just now, Section_31 said:

Started watching something called 47 Ronin or something, some samurai thing with keanau Reeves, turned it off after an hour as it made zero sense and was hammy as fuck, although I think Mr Miagi was in it. If he wasn't I apologise.

Nice review, not sure how much of it to believe.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Started watching something called 47 Ronin or something, some samurai thing with keanau Reeves, turned it off after an hour as it made zero sense and was hammy as fuck, although I think Mr Miagi was in it. If he wasn't I apologise.

Get the absolute fuck out of this thread with movie reviews, you absolute monster.

47 Ronin was fucking hideous, though. Hideous.

• Upvote 1

Punisher season two   Didn't meet my high expectations for most of it.  Before ending with three episodes of as good as it gets tv. 

Rewatching breaking Bad   much better than I remembered.    Walt accepting death in season 2 ep 3...it is entirely bonkers though. 

2 hours ago, iPlop said:

I enjoyed it esp the fist few when Ragnar was in the zone.

I'm on S5 of Vikings. Everything is now a bit over the top, 1001 Nights put in an appearance and there is a lot of overacting. Also they managed to create the most irritating character of all times in Ivar the Boneless played by some Dane the Talentless ham who was obviously told to look either the embodiment of evil in every shot or pull sneering faces like he's going for the most punchable mug in the world. Can someone please kill him?

They Shall Not Grow Old 10/10

If you have any interest in the first world war get this watched. 

Using state-of-the-art technology and materials from the BBC and Imperial War Museum, filmmaker Peter Jackson allows the story of World War I to be told by the men who were there. Life on the front is explored through the voices of the soldiers, who discuss their feelings about the conflict, the food they ate, the friends they made and their dreams of the future

Still available on I Player

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0brzkzx/they-shall-not-grow-old

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/5/2019 at 11:05 PM, Carvalho Diablo said:

Half way through Das Boot the series and it's really good so far.

Struggling with the series as I think its no more than ok. Should have not been named the same as the film as I feel it has little resemblence apart from the U Boats. The credits say its based on both of the authors novels and feel it should have taken the name of the other instead. The Fortress is the other novel.Fortress is the English translation as I've forgotten the German word for it.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Struggling with the series as I think its no more than ok. Should have not been named the same as the film as I feel it has little resemblence apart from the U Boats. The credits say its based on both of the authors novels and feel it should have taken the name of the other instead. The Fortress is the other novel.Fortress is the English translation as I've forgotten the German word for it.

I enjoyed Dad Boot mostly, the whole series probably a 7/10.

Where it suffered I think was in the whole Resistance storyline which they clagged on, which ultimately detracted from the gloom, claustrophobia and tension onboard the U boat. Still, a worthy effort.

14 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

They Shall Not Grow Old 10/10

If you have any interest in the first world war get this watched. 

Still available on I Player

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0brzkzx/they-shall-not-grow-old

I watched this yesterday. Thought it was superb. It'd be a 10 from me too, but I have to mark it down to a 9. I thought the sound at times was a mess. Bless them, but some of the old blokes, through age etc, weren't the clearest of speakers. Not to the extent that you couldn't understand them. But the background noise of shelling, gun fire and the live action sound effects, sometimes made it really difficult to clearly hear what the blokes had to say. 

Brilliant though. From the tales of camaraderie, plum and apple jam, brothels and pissing in their own boots, to the savagery and pointlessness of it all, which young lads of 16 and 17 were exposed to. 

13 Reasons Why 

My lad watched it so I thought I would watch it so we had stuff to talk about from a TV aspect. 

It is about a high school girl who kills herself and has recorded tapes for certain students in the school to listen to in order to explain why and how she felt they contributed.

It is decent but can get a bit slow at times. The more I watch it though the more in intensifies around the characters and it can take you in different ways in how you view each person.

On episode 9 now . Certainly could not binge watch  

I finished nightflyers. 

A bit shite 5/10

Plods along with unnecessary details, then whizzes past leaving plot holes, only to have more plodding afterwards. Poor acting, and I have no attachment to the characters, I honestly feel like I barely know them despite following them around for 10 episodes. 

Just watch 2001: a space odyssey and event horizon and you'll be left with a spare 5 hours and better off overall. 

3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Manifest

Flight M370 takes off on a domestic flight but when it touches down,  5 and a half years have gone by. 

Intriguing, the pilot episode was pretty good even if it did go all Field Of Dreams and the acting was shit. 

Worth a few more episodes. 

I only lasted one episode. Ridiculous premise. I’m a miserable cunt with stuff like that.