You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

6 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Watching the Ted Bundy documentary and realised the casting of Zac Efron as him in the upcoming film was a very good pick. There is definitely a look of him.

He has had very good reviews as well. Looking forward too it. I used to hate Efron but he is actually not the shit actor I used to think. Handsome cunt. 

That Fyre festival thing on Netflix is worth a watch. The fella who organised it (or badly failed too) was a blogging bastard. Its only the locals who did work and didn't get paid that I feel sorry for. Not the insufferable middle-class american twats who lost thousands. they can fuck right off. 6.5/10 

I've watched about an episode and a half of nightflyers. 

I feel like I've seen it many times before, there's too much lens flare, the camera is always too close to the actors faces, and I can't tell if it's a low budget space horror, or it's high budget but they've intentionally tried to make it look like a retro low budget space horror. 

It's probably been said many times already because it seems so obvious, but it just feels like I'm watching Event Horizon, except this is going to last like 5 times as long and has worse acting. 

I'm gonna carry on because mama didn't raise no quitter, but I doubt things are going to improve much. 

Watched the BBC documentary about the alt-right last night, Alt-Right: Age of Rage.

As someone who hasn't really followed the main players in this saga, it was quite eye opening. What's particularly frightening is how white supremacists are now pushing from a more educated angle, wrapping their hate ideology up in pseudo-science, and people swallow it. Put a suit and tie on something and it immediately becomes legitimised.

It was all heading to one conclusion though, the events of Charlottesville. I'd seen the footage of the car attack online before, but it's far more horrible blown up on a big telly with the sound ramped up. Sickening stuff.

Still, it made an interesting watch, particularly after having seen Lucy Worsley's America's Greatest Fibs, which - though a bit twee and light on citing sources - scraped back some of the rhetoric regarding civil war statues and the like.

Russian Doll. On Netflix and a sort of dark version of a Groundhog Day/Happy Death Day mix.

A woman keeps dying at the end of her birthday party and keeps waking up back at the beginning of it.

Two episodes in and it's okay but nothing special however it has really good imdb reviews so going to stick with it. 6/10 so far.

On 2/4/2019 at 5:22 PM, Champ said:

Just watched the last episode of Les Miserables. I thought I’d quite enjoyed the series but didn’t think I’d particularly engaged with any of the characters so why am I crying my eyes out?

Cause that’s the story arc. Old Victor did a good book - even if the narrative relies a little too much on coincidence. Top drawer book, musical good too - I’m not a snob but it’s a different beast. This bbc series is well underrated - but David O is no Russel Crowe