You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

1 hour ago, Elite said:

True Detective have followed the season 1 blueprint big time by the looks of things. No complaints as episode 1 was very good.

There's a lot of smoking, drinking from beer cans and pseudo-philosophical mumbling in unintelligible Southern accent?

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Elite said:

True Detective have followed the season 1 blueprint big time by the looks of things. No complaints as episode 1 was very good.

Did you understand what they were saying?

Or did you have the volume at a normal, non-room-quaking level and get one line in five?

Unintelligible dialogue is the new future.  Who needs a script when you can look broody and mumble...

1 hour ago, razor said:

Did you understand what they were saying?

Or did you have the volume at a normal, non-room-quaking level and get one line in five?

Unintelligible dialogue is the new future.  Who needs a script when you can look broody and mumble...

I always have subtitles turned on for this reason, I think it started with Mad Max when I couldn't figure out what Tom Hardy was mumbling on about. It's just been easier to leave them on now. 

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

I always have subtitles turned on for this reason, I think it started with Mad Max when I couldn't figure out what Tom Hardy was mumbling on about. It's just been easier to leave them on now. 

I always have subtitles turned on for everything now (except live broadcasts.) Probably until my eyes go to shit and I need audio description and eventually Braille.

On 1/16/2019 at 10:08 AM, Anny Road said:

Goliath.

BBT carries this as there are some pretty woeful characters in it. 1st series is ok except for the ridiculous villains. Series 2 is all over the place. Hard to take serious but watchable 5.5/10

I loved the first episode of season 1 but by the end I was just watching it out of habit.

Not watchinf season 2, can’t be arsed.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

World's Strongest Man. Great stuff. Good coverage by Channel 5, even if it was 6 months late and most people knew who the winner was. 

They should show it when it happens, it used to be okay being shown but social media spoils it these days. Not a fan of Thor if I'm honest, comes across as a bit of a prick.

Got round to watching that Bros documentary last night. Sweet baby jesus and the orphans. from start to finish it was absolute comedy gold. What a pair of absolute fucking whoppers. You could tell the session musicians hated the pair of them. Both acting like they were the greatest musical act of all time ever and everyone should be bowing down to their fucking greatness. The fans at the airport was blatantly staged. I laughed but in a way I've never laughed before. Made me hate the human race that bit more. 11/10 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mook said:

Any recommendations on Amazon Prime? I've got it free for a month.

Into the Badlands. 

The Tick.

Jack Ryan.

Homecoming.

The Americans.

Mirzapur.

Man in the High Castle (marmite but I like it's unrelenting grimness).

Not seen Goliath, Sneaky Pete or Bosch but they tend to get favourable reviews.

• Upvote 1