You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I’d strongly, strongly recommend Strike Back. Just a word of warning the first season is about 6 episodes and is a Sky production - it’s good with some big cast names but not eye catching. 

From season 2 it’s co-made with cinemax who make Banshee and it’s basically like a special forces version of Banshee. Action scenes that are worthy of a Bond film not TV, next level violence and Banshee like sex scenes. It’s absolutely brilliant. 

Into the Badlands is boss as well. Basically a post apocalyptic world where there are no guns and everyone just uses martial arts and swords and shit. Great fight scenes again and an easy watch. 

I loved Hap and Leonard but I think you might be bored by it going by what you like as it’s a bit slow so I’d give that a miss. 

Preacher is based on the graphic novels of the same name and is definitely worth a look. Strong cast, first season takes a little while to get going but it’s really blossomed lately. Certainly the most gruesomely violent show currently on TV.

Jack Ryan is really good and only quite a short season so I’d definitely check that out. 

I’d echo NV on Billions and Santa Clarita Diet. Both top shows in my view. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Billions is excellent. Rick and Morty is next level shit. I also really love Santa Clarita Diet, it’s quirky as fuck. Cobra Kai is brilliantly bad. Banshee is a must watch, it’s like a 1980s kids show but for adults. 

I loved Banshee, I do think if you changed some of the actors it wouldn't have been as good. Everything just fell into place, creating a uniquely crazy but brilliant show.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Just make sure you stick with Strike Back into season 2. I really enjoyed the first season anyway but it’s crazy how much the quality increases once Cinemax came onboard. 

I like military based stuff anyway and if it's like Banshee, then I'll love it. Are Cinemax involved in that new Kingdom show?

Speaking of the other 'Kingdom' MMA show, that was fucking boss throughout.

56 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'll only really get into the 'elite' shows now such as Narcos, BB, Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones, Stranger Things, etc. I've become a fussy bastard and can't be arsed with the tier below like The Americans, etc 

The Americans are superb.

• Upvote 1

Sex Education is a British comedy on Netflix about a couple of kids that set-up a sex therapy business at school. It's okay, quite funny and charming, but despite being set in modern day England it seems to have an '80s American vibe running through it and it can be quite jarring, especially in the school set scenes where it seems more like a US high school than a British school.

48 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Sex Education is a British comedy on Netflix about a couple of kids that set-up a sex therapy business at school. It's okay, quite funny and charming, but despite being set in modern day England it seems to have an '80s American vibe running through it and it can be quite jarring, especially in the school set scenes where it seems more like a US high school than a British school.

And Gillian Anderson...

7 hours ago, Elite said:

Haha, I'm fully ignorant of it all. I'll try that, sounds like something I'd like.

Still available on I player.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0001v8s/storyville-waco-madman-or-messiah-part-1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0001vzj/storyville-waco-madman-or-messiah-part-2

Well worth a watch and full of USA lunacy.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Hades said:

Anyone seen that You on Netflix? Worth a watch?

It's a 3 out of 5 show for me, Clive. Some will say yes, some will say no. 

I'm in the Zammo camp.