You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Escape From Dannemora - 8/10. 

Really good show, even episode 6, which I thought was necessary to the show. You were starting to feel a degree of sympathy for the 3 main characters before that episode & it highlighted they were all despicable pricks who were eventually going to get what they deserved.

10 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

The cynic in me says Tom Jones and the rest knew who that lad was beforehand.

It's like on X Factor when someone enters who was turned down years before and they walk into the audition and Simon does a double take with this surprised face and goes I remember you from 2007, you weren't quite ready. Yeah right.

The cynic in you is correct. Orchestrated emotion.

58 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

It's like on X Factor when someone enters who was turned down years before and they walk into the audition and Simon does a double take with this surprised face and goes I remember you from 2007, you weren't quite ready. Yeah right.

Yeah, that’s what I reckon. Also, being Lonnie Donegan’s son and having the music industry as a backdrop to his childhood, he had a huge advantage over the other artists. Load of old bollocks!

9 hours ago, Paul said:

I doubt the following will get much love on here, but we love most of the family Saturday night shows involving music and dancing (although not the ones owned by the Karaoke Sauron) and last night was the new series of The Voice and a thing called The Greatest Dancer. Fuck me if they didn’t both have me boo-hooing in front of the telly. 

On the dance show they finished with a lad with Downs and it was just amazing to see how fucking happy he was throwing his shapes. He won’t win and there was an element of a sympathy vote from the audience, but he can definitely dance. His best mate was in the audience though and Ashley Banjo’s brother (presenter; can’t remember his name) took him on stage to congratulate him after he was done. They both just went fucking nuts and then the dancing lad jumped on the Banjo fella. Christ it was heartwarming - and not in a manipulative way either. It was just sheer happiness from a very innocent lad who loves to dance. 

Ashley Banjo's brother is Jordan and comes across as a decent lad.

The slightly older boxing experts on here may remember their dad , Funso Banjo who was a big (if clumsy ) heavyweight contender in the 80's . From memory he was around at the same time as Bruno and Gary Mason and all had unbeaten records for a while. Will have to wiki the guy to see what happened to him.

Just had a quick look and he ended with a reasonable 15-3 record and all of the guys who beat him were decent - Marvis Frazier , Greg Page & Hughroy Currie,

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

They have to go though about 20 auditions before Tom Jones or whoever is even in the same building. It doesn't happen by accident. 

Watched both them Billy Connolly - Made in Scotland programmes last night on IPlayer. Had me welling up, absolutely love that man. i did think the camera shots of him when he seemed to be between takes and didn't know he was being filmed were a bit distasteful. Might be reading into it but they made him seem really vulnerable, I know he is ill but they were just uncomfortable to watch. The rest though was brilliant. Funniest man ever and next to Shanks he would be the first person at my dream dinner table. 

8 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Anyone started watching You? 

Is it worth a go? 

I watched three episodes and it was OK but I haven't been inspired to watch further. 

The second instalment of Les Misérables was on last night. Another very good episode. 

I haven't read the book or seen the musical/film, so not sure if there's such a leap in those, but there appeared to be a leap in the timeline which made me wonder if I'd missed an episode. I checked and I hadn't. 

Olivia Coleman appeared in it. Her character was slightly OTT. Dominic West's character, Jean Valjean, has assumed another identity. He gets rumbled by the new Police Chief, Inspector Javert, and the cat and mouse game and the dynamic between them really makes the episode. 

There's a gruesome scene involving teeth too, which made me grimace. 

The first two episodes have been great. I'd definitely recommend it and I say that as somebody who's not usually into these kind of shows. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:43 AM, Paul said:

I doubt the following will get much love on here, but we love most of the family Saturday night shows involving music and dancing (although not the ones owned by the Karaoke Sauron) and last night was the new series of The Voice and a thing called The Greatest Dancer. Fuck me if they didn’t both have me boo-hooing in front of the telly. 

On the dance show they finished with a lad with Downs and it was just amazing to see how fucking happy he was throwing his shapes. He won’t win and there was an element of a sympathy vote from the audience, but he can definitely dance. His best mate was in the audience though and Ashley Banjo’s brother (presenter; can’t remember his name) took him on stage to congratulate him after he was done. They both just went fucking nuts and then the dancing lad jumped on the Banjo fella. Christ it was heartwarming - and not in a manipulative way either. It was just sheer happiness from a very innocent lad who loves to dance. 

On The Voice were two great moments. Firstly Lonnie Donnegan’s son has only Tom turn for him. He told Tom his name and Tom joked, “Not Lonnie’s son, are you?” to which came back the answer yes!

Tom was blown away, and says, “Your old man wrote a hit song for me. Do you know it?”. So the fella says he does, puts down his dad’s guitar and switches to the piano. Completely unrehearsed and off the cuff, the pair of them absolutely smash a duet of the song with harmonies an’ all. It was amazing. 

Then the last singer is a girl who got rejected by drama and music colleges but spent four years trying to make it to the point where she’s now in the ensemble of Dream Girls in the West End and also understudies the part made famous by Jennifer Hudson. 

So she does a different song, they all turn, she says what she does and then Jennifer asks her to sing the big number from the show with her. Don’t know what it’s called but it’s ace. A big, emotional belter. “I’m telling you”, maybe? Fuck me if she doesn’t absolutely blow the main woman off the stage (not trying to take the piss; just letting rip). Then she’s overwhelmed by her literal dream coming true of duetting that song with Jennifer Hudson. Honestly, I was wiping my eyes again!

And the moral of this story is music is ace. 

I did not watch that but I would be amazed if that wasn't scripted

• Upvote 1

On 1/6/2019 at 3:20 PM, Vincent Vega said:

Watched the two episodes of Waco: Madman or Messiah over the last two nights. Very well done and well worth a watch. I liked the way it was done without a narrator and it was just comment from those directly and indirectly involved, footage of film taken by the Branch Davidians, phone calls between the FBI and Koresh, and some dramatisation for setting the scene purposes.

The FBI’s handling of the siege was appallingly in my view. Incredible listening to the nine survivors who were interviewed, and how all of them are still convinced Koresh had a connection to God. 

I watched it and can only echo your opinion. The FBI, cops and the majority of others were there hoping for a shootout and got their fucking eyes wiped when it went off.

How in the name of fuck were the god squad allowed to amass such an arsenal of weapons ?

Their loyalty to Koresh was just mind blowing.

45 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I watched it and can only echo your opinion. The FBI, cops and the majority of others were there hoping for a shootout and got their fucking eyes wiped when it went off.

How in the name of fuck were the god squad allowed to amass such an arsenal of weapons ?

Their loyalty to Koresh was just mind blowing.

With the shootouts thing you should check out the behind the scenes thing about the shoutout scene in HEAT with Andy McNabb. It'll probably be on YouTube.

He choreographed it and says the US police aren't trained to be on the back foot, unlike the military.

They engage with the expectation of having overwhelming numbers and superior equipment, so when they don't they get their arse handed to them. So if you ever get cornered by one just give it beans and you'll be fine.