You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

57 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Just finished that escape from dannemora. I enjoyed it (episode 6 aside, which is a back story episode), but it didn't quite reach the heights I was expecting. There were a lot of scenes I felt they were trying to be a bit Mike in better called Saul - long scenes, no words, he's doing some shit and you almost feel like you are there with him. It's captivating stuff on BCS but I didn't feel that here, probably because you're less committed to the characters and story line. And some of those scenes ended up just a little slow and boring. Over all it was good, but nothing special for me. 7/10 (excluding episode 6}

Hasn't it got another episode? I just saw episode 7,which was very good,but it looked like there was an episode 8 too.

11 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I don't think so. Episode 7 was the last one although the one I watched was an hour and 40 mins long - maybe officially that's 2 episodes? 

There is an episode 7 and episode 8 is due around January 7th.

I watched that Bros documentary on the iPlayer last night. Quite entertaining but a few things that stood out.

1) I was about 10 when the came out and I thought they were shit even back then. Nothing has changed in the last 25 years, their music is utter garbage. Annoyingly, I’ve had “When Will I Be Famous” going round my head all morning.

2) I thought the drummer came across as an alright bloke actually. However, he tried waaaaay to hard to come across as an actual rocker with his cannabis sweat band and array of rock band (Green Day, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters, RHCP) tshirts. Doesn’t matter what you wear mate, you’ll always be some cheesy shite boyband.

3) The singer has been to the far to many self help / spiritual guidance seminars. Toss pot.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I watched that Bros documentary on the iPlayer last night. Quite entertaining but a few things that stood out.

1) I was about 10 when the came out and I thought they were shit even back then. Nothing has changed in the last 25 years, their music is utter garbage. Annoyingly, I’ve had “When Will I Be Famous” going round my head all morning.

2) I thought the drummer came across as an alright bloke actually. However, he tried waaaaay to hard to come across as an actual rocker with his cannabis sweat band and array of rock band (Green Day, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters, RHCP) tshirts. Doesn’t matter what you wear mate, you’ll always be some cheesy shite boyband.

3) The singer has been to the far to many self help / spiritual guidance seminars. Toss pot.

Is this worth watching on its own, if you have no interest in the band? 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

The drummer from Bros ended up owning Bristol City iirc. 

8 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

The drummer from Bros ended up owning Bristol City iirc. 

I think you may be mistaking him for someone else. Just looked him up - Craig Logan - he left Bros as he developed M.E. and later started working behind the scenes with other musicians including Tina Turner, Paul McCartney and Pink among others.

No mention at all of owning Bristol City.

15 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I think you may be mistaking him for someone else. Just looked him up - Craig Logan - he left Bros as he developed M.E. and later started working behind the scenes with other musicians including Tina Turner, Paul McCartney and Pink among others.

No mention at all of owning Bristol City.

Just looked it up, it was the keyboard player, Scott Davidson. 

51 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The first episode of the Beeb's adaptation of Victor Hugo's Les Misérables with The Wire's Jimmy McNulty playing Jean Valjean. 

It was actually very good. Sept out of dix. Phil Collins' daughter is in it and she's a looker! 

I have this in my sights. The trailers have looked good.

I could do with watching something that lives up to expectations 

56 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The first episode of the Beeb's adaptation of Victor Hugo's Les Misérables with The Wire's Jimmy McNulty playing Jean Valjean. 

It was actually very good. Sept out of dix. Phil Collins' daughter is in it and she's a looker! 

I can't tell if Lily Collins looks more like her mum or dad...

Jill-Tavelman.jpg

article-0-074202DC000005DC-256_468x286.j

whereas Joely Collins really looks a lot more like her mum than her dad...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPp0tXIMERZkH9EqhN2ju

Joely_Collins_40229F3_COLLINS_P_B_GR_02_

7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yeah,it looked unfinished to me.

7 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

There is an episode 7 and episode 8 is due around January 7th.

So how did it finish at the end of episode 7 for you? It couldn't have been more finished to me! I can't imagine what part of the story is left to tell - although I don't know the story if you know what I mean? 

3 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

So how did it finish at the end of episode 7 for you? It couldn't have been more finished to me! I can't imagine what part of the story is left to tell - although I don't know the story if you koow what I mean? 

To be honest I haven't started watching it yet! But the website I watch it on shows the dates that any subsequent episodes are due to air and it says Episode 8 premieres on January 7th.

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

To be honest I haven't started watching it yet! But the website I watch it on shows the dates that the next episode is due to air and it says Episode 8 premieres on January 7th.

The end of my episode had that bit they always do at the end of true stories "Billy the bellend went on to open a wet fish shop in Rotherham and has not been back to dannemora since" type of thing. As I mentioned before though, it was an hour and 40 mins, so could easily be 2 epsidoes bound into 1.