You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Sacred Games S1 - I never knew just 3 Indian cusses could be used for a plethora of swearwords. Burned through this in a couple of days and even I had to keep the subtitles on. It starts off as a seemingly standard Indian gangster theme but departs from it soon enough. Looking forward to the next season which started filming this month. 8/10 

13 hours ago, skend04 said:

Sacred Games S1 - I never knew just 3 Indian cusses could be used for a plethora of swearwords. Burned through this in a couple of days and even I had to keep the subtitles on. It starts off as a seemingly standard Indian gangster theme but departs from it soon enough. Looking forward to the next season which started filming this month. 8/10 

I enjoyed this a while back. It's culturally different and interesting too.

Just finished all three series of Penny Dreadful. 9.5/10.

That was some brilliant television. Hats off to John Logan and the cast he assembled. After initial reservations even Rory Kinnear’s creature grew on me. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the new story set in 1938 Los Angeles that’s due to start filming next year.

On 11/20/2018 at 6:16 AM, skend04 said:

Is that based on the book? 

10 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Really enjoying it too but it's undeniably a step lower than the first 3 series. 

Yeah,I agree with this. I thought Michael Pena was weak as the main DEA agent but Diego Luna grows into his role as Felix Gallardo very well. Pena's wife (who played Bunchy's wife in Ray Donovan) wasn't very good either,in my view.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

What is it? Comedy? Drama,etc? Netflix? Uk or US?

Its a drama on Amazon prime.  Third season aired in early November but I hadn't even seen it advertised prior to yesterday.  

Martin Freeman is in it playing a pyscho FBI agent and also has Ron Perlman (although he has not been introduced into it yet). 

Seems it's not been watched by many/anyone on here so I will come back and post a score when I have finished season 1. 

IMDB scores is 8.1, which is really good.

13 hours ago, Naby's Nuts said:

Its a drama on Amazon prime.  Third season aired in early November but I hadn't even seen it advertised prior to yesterday.  

Martin Freeman is in it playing a pyscho FBI agent and also has Ron Perlman (although he has not been introduced into it yet). 

Seems it's not been watched by many/anyone on here so I will come back and post a score when I have finished season 1. 

IMDB scores is 8.1, which is really good.

Martin Freeman as an FBI agent? Interesting premise.

10 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Alan Shearer said that they've come in and they've ghosted right in behind the defence and their manager will be absolutely delighted with them.

Danny Murphy said that he would barely have noticed they were there, such was their lack of presence especially when the team was trying to make the crowd scream. 

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

He was later cast as CIA so it must have worked.

In what exactly? The same programme? And 'worked' is subjective depending on an audience view. I thought he was ok in Fargo even with a ropey mid-western US accent but just can't really see him as a psychotic FBI agent based on other roles I've seen him in. Amazon Prime stuff is improving greatly but to me it still lags quite a bit behind Netflix et al.

I finally finished Deutschland 86 and while it wasn't too bad(Amazon made,I think?) I found the documentary that marked its final episode far more interesting than the series itself.

13 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

In what exactly? The same programme? And 'worked' is subjective depending on an audience view. I thought he was ok in Fargo even with a ropey mid-western US accent but just can't really see him as a psychotic FBI agent based on other roles I've seen him in. Amazon Prime stuff is improving greatly but to me it still lags quite a bit behind Netflix et al.

I finally finished Deutschland 86 and while it wasn't too bad(Amazon made,I think?) I found the documentary that marked its final episode far more interesting than the series itself.

Black Panther.