You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

9 hours ago, El Rojo said:

After rationing the last few episodes, I finished Haunting Of Hill House during the week.

Fantastic television to fuse a horror story with a family drama so seamlessly. The retelling of the same events through different perspectives worked brilliantly too, as did the awful reveal of things like who the bent-neck lady actually was. 

The few hidden ghosts I saw (of the many placed across the episodes in the background of scenes) scared the bejesus out of me.

Unique 10/10

I think it’s the best show I’ve watched this year. Brilliantly written and acted. I think I’ll wait for a while and watch it again. 

The second season of The Sinner is now on Netflix. I like the first one with Jess Biel in it, this one follows a completely different story however Bill Pullman who played a cop in the first season returns to his home town to help a friend with a murder case. First episode is intriguing enough, about to watch the second now..

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

The second season of The Sinner is now on Netflix. I like the first one with Jess Biel in it, this one follows a completely different story however Bill Pullman who played a cop in the first season returns to his home town to help a friend with a murder case. First episode is intriguing enough, about to watch the second now..

The first season kept my attention. Will check this out.

Watched the first episode of Sharp Objects. It has a bit of 'The Sinner' Vibe.

20 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Watching Ray Donovan. Not sure if I am meant to like this, but I do.

Have recently watched Rebellion, Godless, and Damnation. All solid 7/10s. May have posted about them previously. Dunno. I have drunk quite a lot of really nice red wine.

Ray Donovan is a show every year I say I won't watch again and always do, but so far in the latest season, I've enjoyed it. 

On season 3 of Strike Back, never really fancied it before but it’s pretty ace. First season is just a Sky production but they co-produced it with Cinemax from season 2 and it gets a lot better. Not far off Banshee levels of violence and sex. 8/10. 

Speaking of Cinemax and Banshee, how good does this sound?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrior_(TV_series)

Warrior is an upcoming American actiontelevision series created by Jonathan Tropperand Justin Lin set to air on Cinemax beginning in 2019.It is based on an original idea by Bruce Lee.

Set at the times of the Tong Wars in the late 1800s in San Francisco, the series follows a martial arts prodigy originating in China who moves to San Francisco and ends up becoming a hatchet man for the most powerful tong in Chinatown.

• Upvote 1

Just finished the first (self-contained) series of The Sinner. The first 7 episodes were really good, peeling back why a seemingly normal mother could just flip and stab to death a random stranger- 8/10 for those. But the last episode... everything got tied up I suppose but a big part of the plot was complete bollocks- 3/10 for that. 6/10 for the series as a whole, the last episode let it down that much.

Has anyone watched the second series and can recommend it?

4 hours ago, Mudface said:

Just finished the first (self-contained) series of The Sinner. The first 7 episodes were really good, peeling back why a seemingly normal mother could just flip and stab to death a random stranger- 8/10 for those. But the last episode... everything got tied up I suppose but a big part of the plot was complete bollocks- 3/10 for that. 6/10 for the series as a whole, the last episode let it down that much.

On it now, it's okay, about the 6/10 after 4 episodes

Just got to to the end of Homecoming and it was well worth watching. The half hour episodes made it easier to binge watch. There were times when I had to remind myself that it was set in the present. It had me thinking back to at least three 70s American cop shows and one film. Were they deliberately playing mind games ?

Very strange to watch but compelling.

11 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Just got to to the end of Homecoming and it was well worth watching. The half hour episodes made it easier to binge watch. There were times when I had to remind myself that it was set in the present. It had me thinking back to at least three 70s American cop shows and one film. Were they deliberately playing mind games ?

I’d like to hear more opinions on this one. It’s been something I’ve been considering. 

17 hours ago, Mudface said:

I've finished the second series & it probably was a mark down from the first one but still worth a watch.

I like Bill Pullman (mainly for Spaceballs & his Oscar worthy turn in Independence Day) but he really isn't cut out for such a serious role, he lets it down a bit for me.

25 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Yeah, he was a bit bizarre in the first one. Do we find out any more about his own backstory in the 2nd series? They sort of hinted at abuse being responsible for his masochism in the first but didn't elaborate.

Aye, there's a bit more about him revealed in the second series.

As manwiththestick said, it's probably about a 6/10. The first two episodes were really good then it kind of sagged in the middle a bit before picking up again near the end.

The little boy in it looks like a 28 year old Italian American man, which I found quite amusing.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mook said:

Aye, there's a bit more about him revealed in the second series.

As manwiththestick said, it's probably about a 6/10. The first two episodes were really good then it kind of sagged in the middle a bit before picking up again near the end.

The little boy in it looks like a 28 year old Italian American man, which I found quite amusing.

The kid looks much older than the age he plays.

On 11/13/2018 at 11:29 PM, Dougie Do'ins said:

Yeah mate it was very good wasn't it. I know what you mean about when it was set, even the computers seem at least from the 80's.