You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

14 hours ago, Kloppite said:

just started watching the good place on Netflix.  Its not the greatest but its easy viewing for when you have just come of a night shift and need something to switch off to.

its got the main bloke who was trying to knob Kirstie Alley in Cheers (I think) in it an some blond bird (don't know who she is) who IMO would be a great fuck in it.

Any way if you have just finished a night shift and need a little switch off and forget about work time before you go to bed then give it a try.  If however you are wanting something to tax the brain cells then steer clear! 

I love the good place, it warms my normally cold heart. 

Very light hearted, funny, doesn't take itself seriously, and it moves at a decent pace. No stalling to fill series whatsoever. 

22 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I think you’ll still not like it, mate. Make sure you watch in high quality though. The visuals are worth it. It really is the best part of it. 

When's the point it gets good? Someone said episode 6 so I'm willing to put some time into it and then decide.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

When's the point it gets good? Someone said episode 6 so I'm willing to put some time into it and then decide.

I’m not sure it really does get really good, to be honest. I watched all three seasons with a mate, but I’d not have bothered otherwise. It’s not bad but it seems decisive. Some people fucking love it, others think it’s boring as fuck. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/23/2018 at 8:30 PM, VladimirIlyich said:

Mr Inbetween 8.5/10.

Thanks for the recommendation as this is a bit of a gem of a series. Also found out that its based on a 2005 film based on the same character and written and starrring him too,Scott Ryan. Best series I've seen in a while.

This was indeed very good.  8/10

You can watch it all in one sitting, since it's less than 2 and a half hours, which is understandable because the whole thing does feel like it was initially written for a film. I have not read anything about it, but if they have only used the character, you can easily see a very good film in it, just cut some 30 to 40 minutes and voila. That would probably explain a slightly unusual format of only 6 short episodes, it's a film which was not edited down and which was than sliced into six pieces. On the other hand, if they used the same story, they didn't really make a proper TV (comedy) drama out of it.

Anyway, highly enjoyable.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, M_B said:

Stranger Things 2 - 10\10 - Not even Winona Ryders painful acting could lower the score.

I fancy watching all of those shows again, other things have to be watched first though.

4 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Well, fuck me. Just finished episode 5 of The Haunting of Hill House. 

Well... fuck me. 

Episode 6 is spellbinding, 7 is pretty decent and 8 really surprised me with how well the whole show builds up.

Immense television and the best thing Netflix have been involved in for quite some time, for me personally anyway as I'm not a big fan of all the Marvel stuff they've done.

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Episode 6 is spellbinding, 7 is pretty decent and 8 really surprised me with how well the whole show builds up.

Immense television and the best thing Netflix have been involved in for quite some time, for me personally anyway as I'm not a big fan of all the Marvel stuff they've done.

I'll try and give this another go on the chance I may have been a bit hasty.

6 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Well, fuck me. Just finished episode 5 of The Haunting of Hill House. 

Well... fuck me. 

I can't wait to finish the whole series just so I can watch it all again.

5 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I'll try and give this another go on the chance I may have been a bit hasty.

You should really give it a chance, I think Elite was close to giving up after three episodes.

I can't wait to finish the whole series just so I can watch it all again.

Daredevil season 3. 

Enjoyed this but it spent too much time lost in Daredevils angst again. Feels like there are 4/5 episodes at the start of every season where he just mopes around wanting to give up. Getting a bit tired of that plot point now. 

Balancing that out is Kingpin. Steals the show once again and is brilliant in this. Bullseye is a bit hit and miss and, again, spends too long on building his origin story.

7/10. 

Started the Chilling adventures of Sabrina before. Two episodes in and I’m really liking this. Fun, creepy and perfect Halloween fare, though I’m spending a lot of time trying to work out if Lucy Davis is wearing a fat suit or she’s piled on the beef.

7.5/10 so far.

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

I’m spending a lot of time trying to work out if Lucy Davis is wearing a fat suit or she’s piled on the beef.

I think she's just fat, she's never been the slimmest to be fair and age does generally increase the waist line, decrease the motivation to give a fuck.

2 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Started the Chilling adventures of Sabrina before. Two episodes in and I’m really liking this. Fun, creepy and perfect Halloween fare, though I’m spending a lot of time trying to work out if Lucy Davis is wearing a fat suit or she’s piled on the beef.

7.5/10 so far.

I'm quite enjoying this too, it's got a bit of a Buffy/ black comedy vibe going on, which is never a bad thing.