You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

4 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Keith is brilliant. His conversation with Jay in, I think, a season 2 episode about killing a man had me in bits. 

Jonathan Tucker in the last season of Justified with Walton Goggins and Timothy Olyphant is the pinnacle of cool.

I don't think there will ever be a cooler show than Justified. Really miss that.

1 minute ago, Elite said:

I don't think there will ever be a cooler show than Justified. Really miss that.

Yeah, I'm going to have to pick it up. I dropped it after the first episode of the season where some boxer cunt is in it. At the time, I'd just had enough of it. Timothy Olyphant is boss though. 

I really liked him in the thing he did with Drew Barrymore. I bonged watched both seasons of that as soon as they came out. Santa Clarita Diet. I can't wait to watch season 3. It's quirky as shit, but I really enjoyed it.

11 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, I'm going to have to pick it up. I dropped it after the first episode of the season where some boxer cunt is in it. At the time, I'd just had enough of it. Timothy Olyphant is boss though. 

I really liked him in the thing he did with Drew Barrymore. I bonged watched both seasons of that as soon as they came out. Santa Clarita Diet. I can't wait to watch season 3. It's quirky as shit, but I really enjoyed it.

Not a fan of Santa Clarita Diet but he's fucking ace in Justified and Deadwood.

Get back into Justified mate, it's fantastic.

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

I'm not sure what season I got up to, either 3 or 4 I think, but it was very samey. It was the same trick the entire way along. It certainly wasn't an elite show until that point, by my reckoning.

Quality wise it probably isn't elite but because I loved it soo much I'd put in the upper echelon is you catch my drift. It's one of my favourite ever shows but that's because of the brilliance of Raylan and Boyd. Their rivalry was top class.

Of shows of that kind I'd only put the Sopranos, The Shield and maybe Breaking Bad ahead of it, and Breaking Bad was a tad overrated for me. I liked it a lot better than the Wire and there are a few shows that have a season or two that are better ( First seasons of Fargo and True Detective for example ) but overall I'd prefer Justified. One of the problems with it is the first season isn't too good with " villain of the week " episodes. Once they make the switch to having a story arc over a whole season it vastly improves.

Obviously I'd have stuff like GOT, Twin Peaks and the X-Files ahead but that's hardly comparing like for like.

13 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Tell you what is an underrated show; Rescue Me. Never spoken about like other FX shows such as Justified, The Shield and SOA but it's every bit as good.

I could never get into that, I just couldn't click with the characters. It being about Fireman didn't help either, I much prefer crime drama's.  

Do FX have any good shows currently airing?

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

American Horror and Crime story and Fargo are their main ones. Maybe Legion. The Americans has just ended but I didn't rate that as highly as some.

AHS is for teenage girls,

ACS is good.

I've not seen season 3 of Fargo due to it being called shit by quite a few people.

Legion I stopped quite early but may revisit.

I agree about The Americans, it's good but nothing special although I've only seen 2 seasons.

32 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Tell you what is an underrated show; Rescue Me. Never spoken about like other FX shows such as Justified, The Shield and SOA but it's every bit as good.

On 9/2/2009 at 2:41 PM, Guest Numero Veinticinco said:

For me, this show is right up there with the top TV shows. Other than The Wire (which I've tried twice to get into, but failed) I've watched pretty much every highly rated modern TV show.

Is right. 

On 7 October 2018 at 9:22 AM, rb14 said:

Read through the last ten pages of this thread and can save others the trouble by saying there's fuck all out worth watching right now. 

Furthermore:

Ace

The Vietnam War (ten unimaginable episodes) - no accident that this tops my list.

Making a Murderer (a close second) - those beneath are in no particular order... 

People v OJ

Sicario

Breaking Bad

Fauda

Sopranos

Wire

Narcos

GOT

House of cards (US - not done UK) 

True Detective

Fargo

American Vandal

Dexter (early series) 

The Staircase

Meh or worse

Brothers and sisters 

Bloodline

That shite thing with that terrorist and that fucking woman. 

Yeah, that's it, Homeland. What a load of shite. 

True Blood (started well) 

Ozark (started well) 

Madmen - stylised boredom

I have missed some. 

What about Power? I'm half way through series 4. It is ACE

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Im a bit worried about your under-rating of Breaking Bad, Rapey. 

Ones people dont don’t mention enough: West Wing and Six Feet Under. Two of the greatest shows ever. 

Breaking Bad was brilliant but i'm not sure I could sit through it again. Unlike Narcos which I have seen about 8 times all the way through. 

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Im a bit worried about your under-rating of Breaking Bad, Rapey. 

Ones people dont don’t mention enough: West Wing and Six Feet Under. Two of the greatest shows ever. 

Six Feet under definitely. The copies I have found of The West West haven't aged well so I can't be arsed.