You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

2 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

I'm assuming he means the Kevin Costner programme? It's written by Taylor Sheridan (Hale off Sons of Anarachy) who wrote the Sicario films and Hell Or High Water so if you liked them I'd give it a go.

Yes that’s the one going to give it a go tomorrow 

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Has anybody tried 'Blue Bloods'? It's into its 9th season now, I'm guessing it has something about it for people to keep watching it that long. 

Yeah I watched the first season and a couple more episodes here and there. It’s ok but I wouldn’t give up the time required to watch 9 seasons of it. 

File it under network shows like Elementary or CSI. Hardly any swearing, no nudity, not much violence. 

Give it a miss for me.

Read through the last ten pages of this thread and can save others the trouble by saying there's fuck all out worth watching right now. 

Furthermore:

Ace

The Vietnam War (ten unimaginable episodes) - no accident that this tops my list.

Making a Murderer (a close second) - those beneath are in no particular order... 

People v OJ

Sicario

Breaking Bad

Fauda

Sopranos

Wire

Narcos

GOT

House of cards (US - not done UK) 

True Detective

Fargo

American Vandal

Dexter (early series) 

The Staircase

Meh or worse

Brothers and sisters 

Bloodline

That shite thing with that terrorist and that fucking woman. 

Yeah, that's it, Homeland. What a load of shite. 

True Blood (started well) 

Ozark (started well) 

Madmen - stylised boredom

I have missed some. 

15 minutes ago, rb14 said:

Read through the last ten pages of this thread and can save others the trouble by saying there's fuck all out worth watching right now. 

Furthermore:

Ace

The Vietnam War (ten unimaginable episodes) - no accident that this tops my list.

Making a Murderer (a close second) - those beneath are in no particular order... 

People v OJ

Sicario

Breaking Bad

Fauda

Sopranos

Wire

Narcos

GOT

House of cards (US - not done UK) 

True Detective

Fargo

American Vandal

Dexter (early series) 

The Staircase

Meh or worse

Brothers and sisters 

Bloodline

That shite thing with that terrorist and that fucking woman. 

Yeah, that's it, Homeland. What a load of shite. 

True Blood (started well) 

Ozark (started well) 

Madmen - stylised boredom

I have missed some. 

Is there a series called Sicario?

On 10/6/2018 at 9:31 AM, Barry Wom said:

Just watching norseman season 2 on netflix. I really like it. I think I must have a Norwegian sense of humour as I found lilyhammers funny too (which lots of the same people are involved). 8/10 so far (4 out of 8 episodes) 

Well it was only 6 episodes and not 8, but really enjoyable. Norseman season 2 8/10. 

10 hours ago, Elite said:

Is The Sinner any good?

Also noticed A Discovery of Witches has good reviews, anyone seen that?

It depends what you are into but I watched about half-way through the first episode of A Discovery of Witches as it's not my bag at all. It could easily be a BBC Children's show from what I saw of it.

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

It depends what you are into but I watched about half-way through the first episode of A Discovery of Witches as it's not my bag at all. It could easily be a BBC Children's show from what I saw of it.

Fuck. That.

On holiday at present and while I was getting ready to go out the tv was on BBC1 and that Arkwright thing came on that used to have Ronnie Barker in it. I watched for 5 minutes or so and found my toes actually curling , watching decent British character actors trying to breathe life into a script so moribund it was scary. Why David Jason is prepared to sully his reputation with low rent stuff like this is beyond me , he surely can’t need the money and when DCI Frost was retired at 83 maybe he should have taken the hint.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

On holiday at present and while I was getting ready to go out the tv was on BBC1 and that Arkwright thing came on that used to have Ronnie Barker in it. I watched for 5 minutes or so and found my toes actually curling , watching decent British character actors trying to breathe life into a script so moribund it was scary. Why David Jason is prepared to sully his reputation with low rent stuff like this is beyond me , he surely can’t need the money and when DCI Frost was retired at 83 maybe he should have taken the hint.

Are you on about the original Open All Hours or the spin off ?

If it's the latter then yes, I agree.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’m pretty sure sir roger means Still Open All Hours, which is shit, really fucking shit.

I watched about two minutes of an episode once and even the canned laughter seemed forced. 

The original show was one of the funniest shows I've personally watched, especially considering it only really has three main characters and is simply set in a shop. The amount of comedy material generated there was rare gold.