You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Finishes Bodyguard yesterday,  final episode was shite, ruined the entire thing for me. 

Also finished Ozark season 2, its watchable, no more than that. Season 3 will be way down the list when the time comes.

• Upvote 1

Started  watching The Pacific again on Atlantic I remember the first time it came out not loving it as obviously you compare it the Band of Brothers but I'm enjoying it a lot more now if enjoy is a word you can use, what a fucking horrific war to have been involved in. If the Japanese didn't get you then the jungle and the elements would.

I know there's an argument for and against the use of the Atomic Bomb but if you or your family had been involved in that war you probably would have dropped the thing yourself.

8 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Coming so soon after WW1 didn't help either. Must have felt like the end of days.

It was heartbreaking.  On Armistice Day, when all the crowds flocked to the streets, dancing with strangers, hugging their loved ones, they were oblivious that they were spreading the virus and condemning each other to painful, pitiful deaths.

21 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've just watched a documentary I recorded a while back about the 1918/19 flu pandemic. ("The Flu That Killed 50 Million")

Fuck me it's hard going. 

It's a part of world history that barely gets mentioned, probably because it's so hard to even think about. 

Good documentary, but... fuck me.

I meant to watch that but forgot. I do remember watching another documentary on the same subject a few years ago called The Forgotten Flu. The numbers it wiped out are staggering.

Anyway, last night I got round to watching the first episode of Killing Eve. 9/10

Absolutely loved it. How fucking sexy is Jodie Comer talking in that French accent. Ooh, la la.

I watched the pilot of Manifest, some nbc show which is based around a plane flying from montego Bay to New York, going through turbulence and landing over 5 years after take off, but to everyone on board, no time has passed except for the 3 hour flight. There's lots of potential there for a good show, but can't help think it'll just turn into another generic cop show (lead woman is nypd copper) as nbc are running with it. 6/10 for the pilot. 

Been watching a few CIA type thriller shows lately. 

Jack Ryan. Fast paced, looks great visually, really enjoyed this. 7.5/10. 

Shooter. Not bad but kind of instantly forgettable. Gets a lot better in season 3 which is, of course, when they decided to cancel it. 6/10. 

Condor. From Audience network which did Kingdom and Mr Mercedes. Only a couple of episodes in but enjoying it so far. Decent cast with William Hurt and Brendan Fraser amongst others. 7.5/10. 

Also halfway through The good cop on Netflix and it’s something of a disappointment so far. Not funny enough to work as a comedy like, say, Brooklyn nine nine and not good enough to work as a cop show with lazy plots and the identity of the murderer is spelled out within minutes of each episode. Shame because I like Tony Danza. 5/10. 

• Upvote 1

Currently watching Queen of the South on Netflix, it's not about a F**tball team in Dumfries but the rise of a female drug kingpin from Mexico.

It's ok actually, think a lesser Narcos with a bird in the lead role & a really shit soundtrack.

On 10/3/2018 at 11:20 AM, Barry Wom said:

I watched the pilot of Manifest, some nbc show which is based around a plane flying from montego Bay to New York, going through turbulence and landing over 5 years after take off, but to everyone on board, no time has passed except for the 3 hour flight. There's lots of potential there for a good show, but can't help think it'll just turn into another generic cop show (lead woman is nypd copper) as nbc are running with it. 6/10 for the pilot. 

A show about Ryanair?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

5 episodes into Manhunt: Unabomber. Solid, some very good aspects. The bomber looks like Dr Nowt and is eerily portrayed but the actor playing the lead FBI character is hammy as fuck and the way it's dramatised is cheesy.

7/10

Hahaha. Not seen it as i'm watching Power but thats next. 

43 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Killing Eve - just don't get the love for it. It started off well enough but then it just drifted into averageness. 4/10 and most those 4 are for Jodie and her magnificent chesticles.

Got bored quickly and stopped watching after about 4 episodes so I'd agree with your assessment.