You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

There's something really insincere about him & he's played himself (presumably) in all those comedies so it's very odd to watch him play it straight in a drama, it doesn't really work although the story is gripping enough that it doesn't put me off.

He permanently looks smug as fuck.

• Upvote 1

We Are British Jews.

Where to start, really? Just a really strange programme. The first episode was mainly a hit piece on Corbyn, the Labour Party and left wing politics.

In the recent discussions on antisemitism, it's been argued that conflating Jewish people and Israel might be straying into antisemitism. It seemed somewhat strange that the second episode was largely took up by the Israel/Palestine issue. And, by jove, was it biased! Ridiculously so. Lots of facts and figures given on Israeli casualties. A large chunk of the programme dedicated to it. Discussions on terrorism and deaths just after the formation of Israel. But, no mention of Jewish terrorism pre-1948, or Deir Yassin, or Plan Dalet, or years of bombing raids on Gaza or the recent slaughters in the Great Return marches. A brief section on Baruch Goldstein and a Palestinian whose daughter was murdered by the IDF.

One decent point was listening to some of the Jewish people who'd never been to Israel discussing all points of view and showing a willingness to move beyond their once blinkered viewpoints.

However, two of the participants on it were an utter disgrace. One man simply wouldn't listen to the opinion of a Palestinian man living in the West Bank. He got up and walked off. Rude. Juvenile. And such arrogance to show an unwillingness to listen to a man who lived that life, whereas he'd only spent a few days in the country. The same man made a calm and fair plea for equal rights and an end to the building of illegal settlements. One of the woman participants (who also rudely walked off) branded him a "terrorist" for making this plea and then made a distasteful comment about how his livestock were "lucky" that they had a Halal compliant death to look forward to.

The very few good elements were outweighed by the shocking bias and the BBC allowing the screening of such disgusting racism.

However, I'm sure the balance will be restored when the BBC screen We Are British Palestinians...

0/10 - a point knocked off as I believe that the BBC are meant to show an introductory segment when they screen a partisan poltical broadcast, which they failed to do here.

I’ve been wanting to give this a go for ages. Is it really that average?

It drags, mate. The setting is good, I mean the vikings were cool as fuck, so some of the costume work is good, lagatha is beyond gorgeous, but everything seems smalltime. The stories are regurgitated. It’s generally quite a mess. Oh and the language inconsistency is fucking brutal,

Others seem to love it though.

• Upvote 1

The Purge 1/10

Extra point because an annoying cunt got killed. Utter shit.

How on Earth are they getting so much mileage out of a really crap first movie? The mind boggles.

Sharp objects.

Starts great then we get the obligatory 2 episodes in the middle were nothing happens and everyone just starts mumbling indecipherable code to each other till the end of the series and then the end comes and you think was that it. Trying to be clever by adding the extra twist after the end credits felt like a bolt on after realising they’d missed an opportunity to make this great.

6/10

Amy Adams 10/10

Just finished this myself - I thought it was pretty good, probably would've given it an 8 but the ending was absolutely shite, so it's a 5. I know it's based on a book but, fuck me, I hated that ending. 

That fat cunt orange shulk Gemma Collins has wobbled her way into the "Celebrity" Masterchef kitchen.

She's a fucking non entity zero talent shithouse prostitute and I hope she chops her hand off and falls face first into the deep fat fryer.

She looks like she already swallowed the deep fat fryer, and everyone else's too. Like 95% of these 'celebrities' I've absolutely no fucking idea who she is but I wish she'd fuck off back to what ocean bed she dragged herself up from. Annoying ugly fat 'Alexie Sayle in drag doing a cockney accent' cunt.

Just finished this myself - I thought it was pretty good, probably would've given it an 8 but the ending was absolutely shite, so it's a 5. I know it's based on a book but, fuck me, I hated that ending.

I missed the mid credits scene twist at the end of the last episode on first watch as I couldn’t wait to turn it off. I only got onto it after seeing someone on twitter say there was that and another after the credits and it annoyed me even more.

Reading up on the series reviews with spoilers has made the penny drop a bit more but I can’t stand the smart arse way they disguise the clues by having the characters mumbling these lines and then playing music over them. Just tell the fucking story as it’s meant to be told. If I have to watch something with the subtitles on them I may as well read the book. (Which has a boss ending by the sounds of it).