You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Master of None 7/10

I was a bit worried this might be a vehicle for Aziz Ansari to be overly glib and hog the limelight but its turned into a delighful comedy drama with a cast of amusing extras. Second season got a bit overly sentimental in parts but still decent.

I'd like to revise my overall mark and split it into two series. Series 1 was probably 7.5 to 8/10 and series 2 was a 6/10,with flashes of 7 and 8/10,but nowhere near enough.

If,or when they do a series 3 it really needs to up its game and dump the scmaltzy hollywood shite and get back to the excellent character relationships it has between the actors. The best thing about season 2 was Bobby Cannavale.

More of a TV film, really.  I've just watched Murder on the Blackpool Express.  I probably had low-ish expectations, but it was a lot better than I thought it would be.  A strong cast of familiar faces from various sitcoms and stuff, all really well cast, doing what they do best.  Some of the lines were proper pause-and-rewind-so-you-can-finish-laughing funny.

Well worth a watch.

Shot in the Dark- Netflix documentry series. I proper enjoyed this..follows a group of camara men who work during the night capturing the crazy fights, shootings, crashes etc and then sell them to news channels in LA.

Only in america could this type of thing exsist but I enjoyed the 8/9 episodes.

Shot in the Dark- Netflix documentry series. I proper enjoyed this..follows a group of camara men who work during the night capturing the crazy fights, shootings, crashes etc and then sell them to news channels in LA.

Only in america could this type of thing exsist but I enjoyed the 8/9 episodes.

So it's a documentary of the same subject as the movie Nightcrawler?

The Sinner - I find it impossible to take Bill Pullman seriously which didn't help & I know some people love her but Jessica Biel just seemed to play 'vacant' the whole way through this (it seems to be the default acting position in these Netflix programmes). The storyline was ok but as I've said in the past with these things, it would've been far better served in a 2hr film.

Ach well, that's me another five or six hours closer to death anyway. 5.5/10

• Upvote 1

The Sinner - I find it impossible to take Bill Pullman seriously which didn't help & I know some people love her but Jessica Biel just seemed to play 'vacant' the whole way through this (it seems to be the default acting position in these Netflix programmes). The storyline was ok but as I've said in the past with these things, it would've been far better served in a 2hr film.

Ach well, that's me another five or six hours closer to death anyway. 5.5/10

Totally agree and said as much in my own review.

Currently watching Club de Cuervos(Club of Crows) on Netflix and its pretty funny.

A Mexican comedy about a f**tball club and its owners.Only watched a couple of episodes but its a solid 7/10 so far.

• Upvote 1

More of a TV film, really.  I've just watched Murder on the Blackpool Express.  I probably had low-ish expectations, but it was a lot better than I thought it would be.  A strong cast of familiar faces from various sitcoms and stuff, all really well cast, doing what they do best.  Some of the lines were proper pause-and-rewind-so-you-can-finish-laughing funny.

Well worth a watch.

Funnily enough, I'd say the exact opposite. I probably had high-ish expectations and it was a lot worse than I thought it would be. It's about a 4/10 for me.

Guest Pistonbroke

The Punisher. 6.5, (up to episode 9 out of 13 so far) above average but nowhere near addictive. Far too slow in parts for its genre and poorly written at times. The amount of close shaves for both heroes and villains is ridiculous, like they are trying to keep you on the edge of your seat but it just doesn't work that well. One of the lead characters, Dinah Madani as Homeland security agent is just daft, her character is so unbelievably weak for such a role. Decent enough acting throughout though and worth watching, hopefully the last 5 episodes will up the anti. Will I watch series 2? Yes, but it will be one of those time fillers and not a go to binge watch session. 

Finished the new Twin Peaks, I think it's essentially Stanger Things for pretentious people, similarly to Leftovers being Lost for snobs for the most part.

I gave it every chance, I watched the original again plus that dreadful Fire Walk With Me film but it's just too much unrestrained David Lynch for me. He seems only interested in the visual aspect, individual scenes and making things appear surreal so it's mostly just an endless parade of irritating wankery.

The original looks pretty dated now, but at least you can say that at the time, that was truly groundbreaking TV. This isn't.

I see now that they are considering another season. God help us all.

Season 5 of the Curse of Oak Island.

Have watched all of the previous 4 so I bloody hope they find the treasure soon.

Basically about an island of the coast of nova scotia when, around the late 1700's, a treasure vault about 200 feet underground built by masons and trying to link all the history and they findings to date.