You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Goliath  6/10.

Based on 1.3 episodes.

Amazon seems to have really cornered the market on hasbeens with its attempts of original programming, a couple of weeks ago I had to suffer Woody Allen's flop Crisis in Six Scenes (since then mercifully cancelled). This is from David E Kelley and John Shapiro of the many '90s legal drama and dramedy fame, with some phoning-it-in acting from another pair that has seen better days 15, 20, 25 years ago, Billy Bob Thornton and, one of my personal favorites, William Hurt.

Essentially, Kelley tries to do what worked in the '90s, some quirky characters in a network 22 episode per season setup, but this time tweaked for the Golden Age of Television programming, which means it is (not too skillfully) disguised as some gritty legal drama which is to act out over 8 episodes. Will it or won't it, I would not stick around to check, since life is too short.

Uninspired would be the closest thing to describe it. But it could work for people who really, really like legal drama and don't expect too much.

I'm late onto this as always but I've been watching The Fall recently and have just caught up to the latest episode on BBC 2 last night.

It's class.

Series 2 was a slight drop off from the excellent series 1, and needed a little more suspension of belief, but it was still very good.

Series 3 has been slower paced, but back up closer to the first series in terms of quality.

On top of it, Gillian Anderson is fit.

Just watched the latest episode of Westworld.

Starting to pick up now. Not loads of actions, but plenty of tits and story line so definitely worth persevering with, even if just for the tits.

There is also a little something for the ladies, or gents if that's what floats your boat.

The Young Pope - Sky Atlantic - 7/10

It was a longer pilot episode, running at over 2 hours, so seemed over long. The future episodes will run at 1 hour so should seem snappier.

Jude Law plays the newly elected Pope Pius XIII. It's safe to say that his early blackly comedic arrogance and unconventional ways have resulted in him not being everybody's cup of tea. To the extent that, only days into his reign, there seems to be the rumblings of a cardinal led plot to oust him.

It was decent. Quite funny in parts. Think it will definitely benefit from shorter length future episodes. It's got a whiff of a House Of Cards political back stabbing and subterfuge about it.

I'll definitely be sticking with it.

The Young Pope - Sky Atlantic - 7/10

It was a longer pilot episode, running at over 2 hours, so seemed over long. The future episodes will run at 1 hour so should seem snappier.

Jude Law plays the newly elected Pope Pius XIII. It's safe to say that his early blackly comedic arrogance and unconventional ways have resulted in him not being everybody's cup of tea. To the extent that, only days into his reign, there seems to be the rumblings of a cardinal led plot to oust him.

It was decent. Quite funny in parts. Think it will definitely benefit from shorter length future episodes. It's got a whiff of a House Of Cards political back stabbing and subterfuge about it.

I'll definitely be sticking with it.

Definitely too long that first episode.