You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

There was a very good documentary on BBC4 last night about the fall of Saigon. Most of it centred on the evacuation of US citizens and some South Vietnamese from the US embassy in Saigon but it was interesting to hear about how things happened to lead up to all this from some of those who were involved in the situation, including Henry Kissinger. That we are still seeing bloodshed and humanitarian disasters of this type in other parts of the world 40 years on just shows how as a species, we don't really learn from our mistakes.

Currently watching Maron  now on S2, decent but nothing special, recommended if you are looking for something along the lines of Louie or Curb.  Also, if you are a fun of the WDF podcast, like me.  In which case you are probably already watching it.

7.5 / 10.  Or a generous 8/10, if I go all the way up to 10 for Louie.

• 2 weeks later...

How`s season 2 of True Detective shaping up?   I've avoided everything about it as I need to save a load of eps to watch on a long plane journey.

I started Orange is the new black, watched the first 2-3 eps of season 1 and it seems ok... worth sticking with?

How`s season 2 of True Detective shaping up? I've avoided everything about it as I need to save a load of eps to watch on a long plane journey.

I started Orange is the new black, watched the first 2-3 eps of season 1 and it seems ok... worth sticking with?

I watched the first episode of season 2 of true detective and thought it was shit. From what I've been told its been very slow so far.

As for orange is the new black, the 1st 2 seasons were ok, watchable shite if you know what I mean? Season 3 was just awful

Witnesses. 7/10. Slow burn and different in tone and pace to the seedy underbelly of Paris that Spiral revels in. Not sure what I should have expected really, but it appears small seaside towns in France look remarkably like small seaside towns in England.

Witnesses. 7/10. Slow burn and different in tone and pace to the seedy underbelly of Paris that Spiral revels in. Not sure what I should have expected really, but it appears small seaside towns in France look remarkably like small seaside towns in England.

I will give this a go myself. I liked Spiral so some French stuff is decent.