You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'm watching The Shield for the first time.  I'm up to Season 3 class show.

My favourite telly show ever. I'm sort of envious that you get to see it all for the first time. It's amazing how underrated it is. 10.10.

Twin Peaks - watched the first three episodes. It's as sinister, bonkers and oddly "too normal" as I remember. 9/10.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Watched an episode of Lovejoy the other day. Had Pete Postlethwaite and Geoffrey Rush in it.

Shove yer HBO up yer arse.

Get on Pie in the Sky.

Who Do You Think You Are, genealogy / family history program on BBC.

My Nan's dad, John Xavier Niehsen, was a Danish fella who went back to Denmark in 1910 when my great grandmother was pregnant with her, his intention was to find work before reuniting the family. Apparently he was true to his word, and summoned my great nan (along with my then months old nana) over to Denmark.

However, my great nan, for reasons unknown, declined and that was that. Tragically, my nana never ever got to meet her Danish father.

My nana died in 1999 but I would love to find out exactly what became of my great grandfather and the Danish side of the el Diablo family that must exist, but whom I've never known.

I think that this longing is largely the reason why I find programs such as WDYTYA fascinating.

Tonight's program centered around actor Martin Shaw's equally as enigmatic grandfather and his search for him. Unfortunately I found it hard to warm to Shaw who came across as a dour git.

Not the best ever episode.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The Tyrant isn't a heavy hitter, but I actually quite enjoyed watching it. I probably wouldn't go as far as to call it good, and some of the acting is definitely pretty weak, but I just quite liked the story of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Started watching Parks and Recreation - The first season wasn't up to much, a few laughs here and there, but so far the second series has had at least one belly-laugh per episode. Great stuff. I'll give a rating at the end of this series. 

Going to give in and start watching the Walking Dead tonight too. I was/am a fan of the comics but stopped reading them quite a while ago. Might have to give them a re-read at some point. I remember reading the first volume and going out and immediately buying the next three I enjoyed it that much. 

The Strain - I really, really enjoyed this. It's cliched, full of plot holes and the Master looked ridiculous in it. But still, I thought it was ace. I like the books they are based on too which rip off every vampire story you've ever read from Dracula to Salem's lot and the TV show is the same. You've seen everything before and it doesn't exactly push the boundaries but sometimes I just want to mong out in front of the telly and watch some monsters get the shit kicked out of them. 8/10.

Suits season 4 - I feel this is a bit of a drop in quality from the previous series. The storyline of Mike leaving the firm didn't really do it for me and they are making Louis into a caricature of himself. I still enjoyed watching it, just not as much as I normally do. 6/10.

True Blood season 7 - Shite, to be honest. Really dropped a bollock 3-4 seasons back by completely abandoning any pretence of following the books but the last series really took the biscuit. The wife still loves it so I've stuck with it but the last season really was poor and suffered greatly from basically having no clearly defined bad guy apart from standard human Yakuza type dudes. 4/10.

Orange is the new black - Easy enough viewing and definitely worth a watch but didn't really leave me craving the next episode. Due to the restricted nature of the setting the espisodes feel a bit samey. Bonus half a point extra for being chocker full of lesbians. 6.5/10.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I couldn't get passed the second episode of The Strain. Total shite, that. One of my favourite shows, American Horror Story, was back. Looks fucking shite.

I couldn't get passed the second episode of The Strain. Total shite, that. One of my favourite shows, American Horror Story, was back. Looks fucking shite.

Get the fuck outta here! I say it's ace and as you know I am never, ever wrong.

Watched the first two episodes of Justified last night. I'm hooked .

You lucky bastard. Series one is shite compared to the rest of them as well. It picks up big time from the second series.