You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dubious excuses players and managers use.

Kevin D

"Wrong coloured shirts and shorts" fergurson. Apparently Man utd lost a game because the players shirts blended in with the grey of the stadium so making it difficult for players to pass the ball to each other. The big fucking whopper.

Get your own historical excuse, or I'll have Walter the Softy giving you some Animal Farm treatment before this day is through.

Specific item this; Ferguson's grey kit brilliance after the 3-1 to Saints at The Dell in the 90's.

That one really set the standard for all the runny shite that's been sprayed ever since.

They should have a hollowed out statue of him in the toilets of every football club up and down the land, so that the little people can give a bit back to the grandmaster.

Shite team lose to a dodgy penalty in the last minute;

"They say these results even themselves out, but they don't."

Shite team win to a dodgy penalty in the last minute;

"It could have gone either way, I've seen them given, but these type of decisions usually even themselves out over the course of the season."

It's called the Steve Bruce excuse.

"I feel we are having to play the opposition AND the officials. They gave a free-kick on the first goal that I couldn't believe. I thought the referee was going to blow in our direction. It was a terrible decision.

“We are all just laughing at them at the minute. We get a player booked for doing the same. Maybe I have got to understand that's what happens at Manchester United - they are certainly not giving us much at this moment in time."

I hope it's not because Manchester United won the league quite comfortably last year (that) the fixtures have been made much more difficult.

"I find it hard to believe that's the way the balls came out of the bag, that's for sure. But if it is a hard start for Manchester United, it is a hard start for everyone else because they have to play us.’’

Manager-David-Moyes-shocked.jpg

Mourinho - "We know the task in front of us is a tough task. We went into last season open minded when I think people were making us one of the favourites for relegation. We are open minded again.

"We are probably considered arguably one of the biggest underdogs in recent times in the Premier League, but we know the underdog story often has a good ending."

“I have a team but no striker,” Mourinho said. “It is not possible for us to win the Premier League."[/size]

I will raise you this.

He was sent off after protesting against Pepe's red card, and then in the post-match press conference claimed Barcelona had yet to win a "clean" Champions League title under Pep Guardiola. He then went on to suggest some sort of conspiracy when he said: "It's clear that against Barcelona you have no chance. I don't understand why. I don't know if it's the publicity of UNICEF [the club's shirt sponsor], I don't know if it's the friendship of [spanish football federation president Angel Maria] Villar at UEFA, where he is vice-president, I don't know if it's because they are very nice, but they have got this power. The rest of us have no chance."

Specific item this; Ferguson's grey kit brilliance after the 3-1 to Saints at The Dell in the 90's.

That one really set the standard for all the runny shite that's been sprayed ever since.

They should have a hollowed out statue of him in the toilets of every football club up and down the land, so that the little people can give a bit back to the grandmaster.

To this day, if I spot someone in that shirt I will try and accidently bump into them. Just so I can say "soz pal, couldn't see you there" and point to the shirt as if to say 'it's your own fucking fault'.

Of course the likelihood of getting my head kicked in determines how hard I try.